Twenty-one

Need a Roommate?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Enjoy!

“They will be here in a while!” Baekhyun paces around his room in anxiety. “And I haven’t told them anything about Chanyeol or that we keep my homouality a secret...” he sighs, pulling his hair in frustration.

The lack of attention that he is getting from his best friend makes him frown. He glares at Jongin, stomping his foot on the ground like he usually does when he is annoyed. “Yah, do you mind?” he mewls, sounding so dramatic. “I am nervous and scared. You know how my parents are! Yah,” he pats the younger on the shoulder. “I need help!”

“Eh?” Jongin finally snaps out of his train of thoughts. He hasn’t been thinking properly since last night.

The elder raises a brow, attitude turning serious. His hands drop to the side of his body in concern. “Are you okay?” he asks. “You’ve been acting strange since you got here.”

Strange, odd, unusual, peculiar, bizarre, weird... queer, that’s how Jongin feels at the moment.  He is shocked, confused and very much freaked out. He didn’t fully digest what he was going to do at the moment. Everything drowned in once he was on his way back home. Jongin couldn’t resist the way Kyungsoo looked. Kyungsoo’s lips and eyes where too much to handle at once. Kyungsoo’s big-doe eyes that grew to smile instead of glare weren’t helping at all, either. It only increased Jongin’s... desires.

“!” Jongin deeply sighs, further concerning the elder.

“Nini, are you sick?” Baekhyun asks as he sits next to the younger on the bed. Jongin shakes his head, smiling in reassurance. Baekhyun has way too many things to worry about. Jongin doesn’t want to stress him even more.

“Everything is going to turn out fine, Baekhyunnie. Well, uncle Byun will freak out because you are living with an ajusshi. Aunty Byun will tease you.” Baekhyun finds himself rolling his eyes. “You know how much she wants you to date already.”

Mrs. Byun can be very impertinent at times. When it comes to Baekhyun’s dating life, she doesn’t care who she embarrasses. But she is always respectful nonetheless. She would never hurt her son, but what mother wouldn’t like to find their son a partner. “I hope not.” Baekhyun takes a deep breath. “I don’t want to freak Chanyeol out. I’ve never felt this way before, Jongin.” the younger frown, knowing very well that Chanyeol knows already. “Like, I am afraid of what he might think of me. You know that I don’t really care about what people may say about me, but it’s different with him. I don’t want him to hate me. Do you think that he will hate me if he were to find out?”

Jongin quickly looks away when Baekhyun stares directly at his eyes. He can’t bring himself to look at the elder in the eyes. A part of him wants to scream that Chanyeol already knows, but now is not a good moment. There is a gut feeling that tells Jongin to not say anything, to let Chanyeol take care of it. All Jongin hopes for is for Baekhyun to not get hurt in the process. “He won’t hate you.”

“You really think so?” there is a spark in Baekhyun’s eyes that has Jongin smiling. He can’t resist Baekhyun’s cuteness. He takes the elder by surprise, laying him flat on his back and getting on top of him. “You are heavy!” Baekhyun protests, but laughs nonetheless. “What’s wrong with you?” the elder’s expression turns serious all over again.

Jongin sighs. He rests his head on top of Baekhyun’s chest. Baekhyun starts running his hand through Jongin’s soft dark hair. “Nini...?”

“I think...” Jongin starts, voice being muffled by Baekhyun’s chest. He takes a moment of silence before continuing. “I think I... might like... someone...”

Baekhyun’s ministrations on Jongin’s hair stop. “What! Who is it? Oh, my, god! This is your first time saying this. Do I know her?”

– Her... Jongin feels everything spinning.

Jongin feels like throwing up. He storms into the bathroom, emptying his insides. Baekhyun sits on his bed, looking very much confused. As for Jongin, he rests his hands on the sides of the toilet, panting. He is bewildered and at lost as to what is happening to him. His whole body aches. Jongin feels lost, like, if he doesn’t know who he is anymore. Though he is scared to death, this confusion doesn’t anger him. “Jongin...” he hears Baekhyun calling from the other side of the door. “You are worrying me! What is wrong with you?” the elder continues to knock on the door.

The younger deeply sighs as he runs a hand through his hair. He washes his mouth and steps out of the bathroom. Baekhyun backs up, still staring at the younger in concern. “I had a really bad breakfast at this place I stop at. I think that made me sick.” he invents something to not say what his real problem is.

Jongin still needs to make sure of a few things before telling Baekhyun anything. And it seems like Baekhyun bought it. It’s not the first time that Jongin gets sick from eating at random places. “I’ve told many times not to try food just because it looks “new” or good!” Baekhyun scolds him. Jongin chuckles in amusement, nodding his head. “I’ll bring you some medicine-”

But the younger shakes his head. “No, I’ll get them. Go ahead and shower. Your parents will be here in less than hour.” Baekhyun panics. “Is aunty bringing food?”

Baekhyun swears that Jongin’s brain only thinks about food, and other rated stuff. He gives the younger a deadpan look. Jongin sheepishly smiles, scratching the back of his neck with one hand. “Of course she is, but don’t ask what. She said that she wanted to cook for her sons and soon to be new son.” says Baekhyun while grabbing a new set of boxers and a towel. “The medicine is in the kitchen. Chanyeol knows where it is,” he removes his pajama pants in front of the younger, something so normal to him.

Jongin stares at him, raising a brow. – Baekhyunnie hyung really has a feminine body. He thinks to himself. “I suggest you to drink a hot tea instead. It will help sooth your stomach.” Baekhyun frowns when he sees his best friend staring at him. “What...?”

“Have you gone out like that?” Jongin asks.

Baekhyun raises a brow. He doesn’t know what the younger is trying to say, or why he even asked that question. Baekhyun doesn’t go out in public only wearing his briefs. “Are you sure you are okay?” Baekhyun laughs. “Why would I go out wearing only this?” he asks.

Jongin snorts in laughter, grin forming on one side of his mouth. “I meant out of your room. Has the architect seen you like that?” he asks with a smirk causing Baekhyun to blush. By now the elder’s cheeks are bright red. “Has he?” Jongin sounds way too excited.

“I-it was an accident.” Baekhyun stammers, covering his exposed legs with the towel.

The answer seems to amuse Jongin more than it should have. “What did he say?” Baekhyun’s eyes widen. There is no doubt by now that Jongin is sick or something. “Did he like what he saw? Did you show him your ?” Jongin asks, pinching the elder’s cheeks, something that he loves to do when Baekhyun gets flustered.

Baekhyun slaps the assaulting hand out of his face, erupting laughter out the younger. “You are always assaulting my cheeks!” Baekhyun whines. “I am sure that Chanyeol already knows that my is amazing. Move!” he pushes his annoying best friend out of his way. “I need to get pretty for my roommate.”

Jongin rolls his eyes while Baekhyun grins. It seems like Jongin is not the only erted one. “Go shower Byun Baekhyun,” Jongin walks towards the door. “And don’t to that dumbo- ahhh!” Jongin turns, patting his sore head and notices Baekhyun glaring at him. “What was that for?!”

“That was for being an !” Jongin flinches when he sees that Baekhyun will whip him again with the towel.

“Being an ....” Jongin mutters under his breath in annoyance. Baekhyun glares at him some more, entering the bathroom seconds later. “Like if you don’t do it, hyung!” Jongin shouts, brave enough now that the elder is already inside the bathroom.

“Don’t push it, Kim Jongin!” he hears the door’s lock and storms out of the room before Baekhyun gets him.

 

 

♥♥♥♥

Jongin makes his way into the kitchen in search of some food. He also needs to get a tea out in order for Baekhyun to not ask questions. “Cool! That only means that you will be able to come!” Jongin drinks from a bottle of water slightly turning to his right where Chanyeol is walking into the living room. “Baekhyun’s parents will be here in a while. I kind of need your support at the moment. Jongin says that they are something... well, yeah, I think that Jong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter