Thirty-three

Need a Roommate?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Enjoy!

The architect knows perfectly well that Baekhyun can take care of himself. At least that is what Jongin keeps on telling him over and over again. However, Chanyeol can’t help but pace around the living room with a frown on his face and his cellphone in hand. And it is completely annoying the crap out of Jongin. “Hyung!” annoyed, Jongin asks the elder to sit down. “I am getting dizzy just by watching you!” Chanyeol only stares at him, shakes his head and continues to pace around.

Jongin might as well talk to the wall. He groans when Chanyeol dials Baekhyun for the hundredth time.

Chanyeol wouldn’t have been this worried if it wasn’t for Jongin. The dancer made the mistake of telling Chanyeol that something was wrong with his best friend. And so now Chanyeol is concerned. He knows how distracted Baekhyun can be at times. A lot of things can happen to his roommate in a blink of an eye. Chanyeol still remembers how the younger almost got run over. There is a higher chance of Baekhyun getting more distracted if he is upset.

But why was he upset?

Did Junmyeon’s comment earlier during the day bother Baekhyun in some type of way? Does that mean that Baekhyun truly hates the idea of them being lovebirds? “Could that had bothered him?” he frowns as he thinks of Baekhyun.

The younger raises a brow and asks Chanyeol what he is talking about. Chanyeol eventually snaps out of it and realizes that he was thinking out loud. He tells the younger that it’s nothing and casually shrugs it off. That only perks Jongin’s interest. Heck, Baekhyun is his best friend. If Chanyeol knows why Baekhyun was upset then Jongin must know too. It’s simple as that.

 “What?! What! What!” Jongin rants like an angry ten year old.

Could that had be it. Is Baekhyun really angry over that comment? And why is it that Chanyeol is suddenly feeling so damn disappointed. “Are you going to tell me, yes or yes?” Chanyeol decides to pay Jongin some attention, groaning.

“Junmyeon made a comment today,” Jongin frowns in confusion. “He sort of called us lovebirds. Baekhyun became weird after that. Could it have something to do with him being gay? Is his secret-”

Jongin cuts in, sighing, “Probably,” to be quite honest, Jongin already wants for Chanyeol to tell Baekhyun that he already knows. Jongin knows that Baekhyun will be very angry at first and he understands that. However, Jongin doesn’t know how angry and disappointed Baekhyun will be. “Hyung!” it’s scary. The last thing he wants is for Baekhyun to also hate him. “You s-should tell him already. Baekhyun is truly having a hard time because of it.” they had never truly gotten into a fight before.

“He is having a hard time?” Chanyeol had thought before about telling Baekhyun. However, it is safe and dumb to say that he is rather scared now. Baekhyun knowing that Chanyeol already knows opens up a huge possibility. Though, he refuses to acknowledge it. He is just confused, okay. – What is his type?

It is inevitable for Chanyeol to start thinking about those things. Rolling his eyes – because he shouldn’t even be thinking about that in the first place – he deeply sighs. I am going crazy! He must really be going crazy because he can’t stop thinking about that now. He truly wants to know. “What’s Baekhyun’s type?” the words come out of his mouth before he can even stop himself from doing it.

The sudden and odd question throws Jongin off. The younger raises a curious brow before bursting into a fit of laughter. “Why the sudden interest, hyung?” he recovers from his fit and sits up straight.

Chanyeol feels annoyed and slightly offended. “Shut up and answer my question!” he snorts with a pout. It’s obvious that he is trying to hide his blushing face but to no avail.

Jongin takes a deep breath as he starts to think about Baekhyun’s type. He continues to think, but one look at the architect and he doesn’t have to further fry his brain. Chanyeol is Baekhyun’s type.

There a few things that Baekhyun looks for in a guy. He likes tall men with big hands and with a pretty smile. Though, he wouldn’t like to date a man with a perfect smile. Baekhyun would like to be the one with the perfect smile instead. Lastly but not least, Baekhyun loves guys with deep voices. Chanyeol has all of that if not even more. The money is just a plus. Jongin thinks that the architect’s deep voice is enough to knock Baekhyun’s (yes, ) off his feet. He has the so called able voice as Baekhyun likes to call it.

That is all that Baekhyun truly needs.

However, the idea of Chanyeol dating Baekhyun does not appeal Jongin at all. It’s not that Jongin finds Chanyeol unsuitable to date Baekhyun. Jongin just thinks that he will hate whoever ends up dating Baekhyun. He will hate the man that steals away his brother. But maybe that’s just Jongin being the overly protective younger brother. “Someone like you?” he awkwardly scratches the back of his neck, thinking that maybe be committed a mistake by saying that.

But even if he did commit a mistake by saying that, he still isn’t lying about anything. Chanyeol had also asked for Baekhyun’s type. Jongin was just answering him. Besides, Jongin knows that Baekhyun would be happy to have Chanyeol as his boyfriend. And all Jongin needs to be a happy person is to see Baekhyun happy. Though Jongin knows that it is impossible for Chanyeol to date Baekhyun, he still wants to believe that there is slight chance that it could happen. “Someone... like me...?” Chanyeol mutters, blinking and looking rather stupid.

Making a face, Jongin internally gags. “Yes!” he rolls his eyes, “Someone with an idiotic smile, huge ears, and the height of the freaking Eiffel Tower and the voice of a monster!” Jongin can’t help but find Chanyeol remotely stupid looking at the moment. “Stop grinning would you?” or maybe it’s just Jongin feeling protective of Baekhyun again. “Why are you even grinning like an idiot? Are Baekhyun’s seductive powers already taking an effect on you?” Jongin jokes but Chanyeol nearly chocks.

Jongin finds himself frowning after witnessing Chanyeol’s reaction. “Wait!” he gives the architect a judging look, “Why are you so interested?” Jongin might be stupid, always seeing things where there shouldn’t. However, why is Chanyeol so shook up?

The architect grows nervous and starts fidgeting on his spot. “I a-am not!” he lamely defends himself. “It was just an innocent question.”

Jongin snorts sarcastically. He abruptly stands up from the couch and points an accusing finger at Chanyeol. “We were talking about you telling Baekhyun that you already know his secret. You so suddenly change the topic. Why are you so suddenly curious about his type?”

Dammit, Jongin is smarter than what Chanyeol had thought. Chanyeol immediately grows nervous under Jongin’s demanding and questioning gaze. “I –”

“Park Chanyeol, answer my question!” Jongin grows rather impatient.

And Chanyeol doesn’t know how to feel about that. He feels rather obliged. “I don’t know what I am feeling!” he bursts and panics the next second.

Jongin’s eyes grow large and his mouth hangs wide opened. “I mean –”

“Oh, my, God!” Jongin can’t believe his ears. Did he really just hear Chanyeol saying that? But what exactly did Chanyeol meant by that?

“No, Jongin wait!”

The younger tils his head to the side as he stares at Chanyeol with narrow eyes. “What do you mean by you don’t know what you are feeling?” Chanyeol tries to speak but nothing comes out. “Are you saying that you might like Baekhyun?”

Chanyeol truly wants to explain himself, but Jongin won’t give him the chance to. The younger keeps on pulling his hairs while talking about Baekhyun’s amazing converting powers. Chanyeol blinks in confusion and tries to understand what Jongin is saying to no avail. Jongin is talking nonsense. “Will you let me explain!” he flicks Jongin on the forehead.

The younger winces in pain and immediately grows serious. Chanyeol sees that Jongin stays quiet and takes a deep breath, getting himself ready to explain himself when the alarm of the door goes off. Chanyeol quickly rushes towards the entrance only to find Baekhyun smiling – to another man.

Jongin follows the architect only to have his eyes widen in surprise. Chanyeol stares in utter silence while Jongin stares at Baekhyun and then at Mr. Lee. The small and shy smile on Baekhyun’s face does not go unnoticed by the architect. The anticipating smile fades off Chanyeol and is replaced with a frown. Jongin sees that and painfully elbows him. “Oh, hi guys!” Baekhyun beams at his best friend and roommate.

“Mr. Lee,” Jongin bows at his ex-literature teacher.

The latter does the same and smiles. Mr. Lee feels heavy eyes on him and finds a taller guy staring at him with questioning eyes. Chanyeol falters a little when the teacher smiles at him. “Mr. Lee brought me home,” Baekhyun says while smiling at his teacher.  

“Byun, just call me Dennis,” the younger blushes as he hesitantly nods. “Nice to see you again, Jongin-ah.” the dancer nods with a small smile, feeling slightly weird out. “And you are?” Chanyeol crosses his arms around his chest.

“Oh!” Baekhyun apologizes for not introducing each other. “Mr. Lee this is my roommate, Chansung.” – Roommate!

Chanyeol can’t help but roll his eyes as he silently scoffs to himself. Introducing him as just a roommate, Chanyeol can’t help but feel slightly hurt and very much annoyed. That’s just plain cruel to Chanyeol. “Pleased to meet you – roommate.” there is hint of sarcasm coming from the teacher that does not go unnoticed by Chanyeol.

“It’s Chansung!” Chanyeol stiffens at his own tone of voice and shyly clears his throat. Everyone stares at him, but Chanyeol casually shrugs. The architect does not like that teacher at all. Not one bit. Chanyeol hates how close to Baekhyun the teacher is. He also hates how shy his roommate is in front of Mr. Lee. Chanyeol just hates everything about Mr. Lee. “Thank you for bringing Baekhyun back home,” but he can’t be rude to the person that brought Baekhyun home. “You shouldn’t have bothered, though,” Baekhyun’s eyes widen in an instant. “I could have picked him up.” Chanyeol’s voice goes deeper than usual.

Baekhyun loses his balance but Jongin is quick to catch him. He gets a hold of his best friend and glares at Chanyeol. – I know what you are doing! Chanyeol can tell what Jongin is thinking and smirks. Jongin shakes his head while Baekhyun composes himself. But he makes the mistake of turning his gaze towards Chanyeol, unintentionally locking eyes with the elder.

Park Chanyeol is a point ahead of Mr. Lee.

Mr. Lee sees it all and raises a curious brow before chuckling. – It’s cute. He thinks. He likes it when there’s a little challenge in his game. There’s tension coming from the architect and a sense of humor coming from the teacher. “Oh, well, thanks again for bringing Baekhyun back home, Mr. Lee,” Jongin decides to play the grownup – as per usual. “Would you like some tea?” he offers.

Chanyeol quickly sends Jongin a death glare, but the younger only shrugs it off. “I wouldn’t like to bother you –” Baekhyun feels embarrassed for not have been the one offering his teacher something to drink. It’s the least he can do after having his teacher drop him off all the way to his apartment – literally.

“It’s no bother at all!”

Even Chanyeol flinches at the sound of Baekhyun’s voice. “If you insist, Byun,” Mr. Lee rubs Baekhyun’s back with a smile. The younger immediately grows quiet and shy all over again. “But just call me Dennis. We are not in school right now.”

There’s a heavy feeling weighing on the pit of his stomach. Chanyeol doesn’t know what to do about it. He just knows that he doesn’t like anything at the moment. Chanyeol feels very troubled. That is why he departs to his room without saying a word. Jongin follows him with his eyes and shakes his head. The architect is painfully obvious. “I’ll be back.” Jongin excuses himself. 

Baekhyun stays behind with his teacher. He is too engrossed talking to the elder about the things that he will be doing after graduation. Baekhyun has no idea but he hopes to find a job as soon as possible. However, he doesn’t know of what else to talk to about with his professor. He is still very nervous. He had never really talked to the elder before other than in class. – What are they doing? Baekhyun truly wants for Jongin or Chanyeol to get back.

 

 

 ❤ ❤ ❤

The dancer enters Chanyeol’s room without even knocking. He finds the architect standing lifelessly by the side of the bed. Then he hears Chanyeol asking him what he wants. All the architect wants to do is sleep. He feels drained and confused. At least he now knows that Baekhyun is perfectly fine. “What do you want?” everything is plain weird.

Jongin hates how confused and miserable Chanyeol looks at the moment. Is that how he looks when he thinks about Kyungsoo? Pained and confused? But he really isn’t confused anymore, right? “You think you are confused,” Jongin starts. “You don’t know what to do and you don’t want to feel that way, right?” Chanyeol frowns as he lowers his head. His hands slowly start to turn into small fists.

“But then you see him and everything is okay even if it’s just for a split second. All you want is to say it but mostly to yourself. Knock some sense into you, right...” what the hell is Jongin talking about?

How can Jongin possibly know what Chanyeol is feeling? “You feel things that you shouldn’t even be feeling. You liking Baekhyun –”

“It’s not –” the architect sighs in frustration. “I already told you, Jongin-ah. I don’t know what I am feeling. You are probably getting it all wrong.” Chanyeol takes his sweater off and walks towards his drawers.

“What? That you are painfully jealous of Mr. Lee? That you see Baekhyun in a different way.” the architect snaps his head up as he stops walking.

“That!” he deeply groans and faces the younger. “That is not what’s going on here. I am just very grateful to have Baekhyun in my life. That is all!” –That is all that is happening here. Chanyeol tells himself over and over again.

However, Jongin is not stupid. He might act like one at times but he knows when to be serious. And he doesn’t believe Chanyeol at all. “Then why are you here and not out there with them? Why were you even glaring at Mr. Lee?”

Gosh, Jongin is painfully annoying. Every single word coming out of his mouth is causing Chanyeol’s head to spin. Why are they even having this discussion? The architect is beyond overwhelmed. “Okay, so?!” Chanyeol snaps once again. “Don’t you think that it’s weird?”

Jongin’s initial shock turns into a frown. “A teacher taking his student home is not an appropriate thing to do.” Chanyeol snorts. “Isn’t that against the rules or something?”

Rules?

“Oh, come on!” Jongin’s eyes narrow. “Mr. Lee is probably just been nice. It’s late and our school is not that close. You should only be glad and thankful that Baekhyun got home safe and sound.” then something pops into Jongin’s head. Chanyeol raises a curious brow and asks the younger what is wrong. “Imagine getting a ride back home from your crush!”

“What?” Chanyeol is really starting to grow frustrated.

Jongin can’t wait to tease Baekhyun about it. That is what best friends do after all. “Baekhyun has had this huge crush on Mr. Lee for three years already.” Jongin realizes that he might as well tease Chanyeol as well. However, he needs to have some clarity and pronto. “So you are just thankful. No weird feelings invading the pit of your stomach whenever you see Baekhyun? No sudden changes, colors, smiles, glares...” okay, maybe Jongin is talking about the way he feels when seeing Kyungsoo.

The architect actually fears Jongin now. Jongin is right no matter how much Chanyeol wants to deny it. “I don’t know.” that is not the answer that Jongin was looking for. “I truly don’t know what I am feeling. I mean everything did change. That man out there... I don’t like him at all. I don’t like how Baekhyun smiles at him or how shy he is around the elder. And I mostly hate now knowing that Baekhyun has had a huge crush on him for some time now dammit!”

Jongin silently laughs. “But you must not think that it’s because I like him that way. It’s not right. Liking another guy is... I mean...”

“You are saying that loving someone is wrong?” the dancer feels rather disappointed. Chanyeol can see the same look Jongin gave him when Baekhyun got drunk and spill his secret out. It’s the same look that Jongin had when he asked Chanyeol to leave if he was against it. “You are saying that Baekhyun is wrong for liking men. What about Junmyeon and Yixing? They are dating. Does that mean that you are against them? Are they wrong? Will they go to hell?”

“What!” that is not what Chanyeol meant. At least not in the way that Jongin is putting it. The younger is being plain ridiculous right now. Chanyeol shouldn’t b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter