Eleven

Need a Roommate?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Enjoy!

Jongin had arrived first to the apartment. Baekhyun didn’t give him a chance to properly greet the architect as he was already dragging him into his room. Chanyeol was left dumbfounded and sulking, but that he won’t admit.

Chanyeol glances towards the hallway that leads to the rooms, eyes fixed on Baekhyun’s door. Air leaves his mouth as he stretches his arms. The architect can only hope for Kyungsoo to arrive fast, because he feels lonely and jealous. Baekhyun is his roommate. Though they have only lived together for three days, he wants to be able to enter Baekhyun’s room without feeling unwelcome. He wants to be closer to Baekhyun. There is something about the cheeky and sassy boy that has Chanyeol wanting to be closer.

But as of now, he waits for the two longtime best friends to get out of the room. Moreover, he has to wait for Kyungsoo to arrive as well. That part excites him. Kyungsoo had texted him a while ago, telling him that traffic was a chaos but that he was almost there. Without having anything to do, Chanyeol decides to heat up the food.

 

Back in Baekhyun’s room

“I can’t!” Baekhyun drops his body to his bed in an overly dramatic style.

Jongin can’t help but look at the elder in askance. He’s heard those same words coming from the younger since the moment he was locked it that room. “I want to eat, Baekhyun...” says the younger, already making his way towards the door.

“He seriously is everything. Ugh, Jongin you should have seen the way he took care of my finger, the way he ruffle my hair with his big and y hand...” Baekhyun says in daydream, almost looking and sounding like a teenage girl. Jongin fakes puking or maybe he does want to puke. “And he called me cute.” Baekhyun’s voice sounds half shocked half amused. “Cute, Jongin!” he covers his head with his pillow, muffling a scream of happiness.

Jongin walks towards him, places both hands on top of the pillow and fakes chocking the elder. “Get your together.” he says once he is done “killing” his best friend. “That old man out there must be feeling lonely. You are being rude.”

Baekhyun raises a brow, saying, “How am I being rude?”

Jongin shrugs follow by a scoff. “Maybe in the sense that you didn’t even let me say hi to him?” the younger shrugs again, “Or how you locked me in your room and left him looking at the closing door with a questioning look?”

It sounds bad coming from Jongin. Baekhyun didn’t mean to be rude or anything for the matter. But he really needed to say how he was feeling out loud. Baekhyun needed to tell Jongin. “You are right.” the younger gives him a ‘you think’ look.

Baekhyun once again shouts into his pillow. Jongin loudly groans. “Hyung!” he pouts.

“He is so hot, Jongin!”

The younger shakes his head, rubbing his already aching temples. “I don’t want to hear this!” he says as he makes his way to the door. He was about to open the door when he felt something hitting the back of his head. Jongin yelps in pain, squatting down to grab the bear that he had won for Baekhyun. “Is this how you cherish our friendship?” Baekhyun rolls his eyes as he shrugs. “Treat our son better, !” he says while placing the bear on a small wooden chair.

“Would you hear me out?!” Baekhyun sits straight on his bed, giving the younger a pleading puppy look.

Jongin sighs. “Look, you can’t fall for the architect.” Baekhyun looks down at his lap with a sulk. “I know you Baek and I know that are developing feelings towards that arch-“

“His name is Chanyeol.”

Jongin raises a brow. “My point exactly.” the elder’s eyes widen. He is indeed developing feelings towards his roommate.

He can’t and he must not. Baekhyun has never taken a liking on someone let alone fallen in love. Falling in love with a straight guy will only curse him for life. His love life would be cursed and he will not be able to fall in love ever again. He would only think about his first love, because he is a hopeless romantic that loves to write about love and butterflies. “Oh, my god, I can’t fall for my roommate! This is not love!” he half shouts half hisses.

“Take a deep breath...” Jongin breaths in and out, as if showing the elder how to do it. “You will be ok. I am guessing that you are feeling like that because he is everything you look for in a guy?” Baekhyun nods, pout never leaving his lips. “I, well, you will meet someone but please...” Jongin doesn’t have to finish his sentence for Baekhyun to know what he in implying. – This is not love. The elder keeps on repeating inside his mind.

 

 

♥♥♥♥

Chanyeol had received another text from Kyungsoo, telling him that he was already parking. The architect smiled to himself as he made his way towards the elevator and down the lobby.

Kyungsoo wasn’t expecting to find Chanyeol down wearing a huge smile. Kyungsoo slightly blush as he made his way towards the taller. Chanyeol chuckled, embracing his dear friend into a tight hug. Kyungsoo gasp at the expecting contact. His heart accelerates faster than normal. He has to stop before he hugs deeper, transmitting his true feelings. “We saw each other two days ago.” he says as he waves a medium box in front of the elder.

Chanyeol shrugs while taking the younger’s hand into his. “I still missed you.” he says in a dorky manner, the way only Kyungsoo has seen before. “Are those macaroons?” Kyungsoo nods. “Damn, I haven’t had those in so long. You made them, right?” the younger nods once again.

“Your favorites...” he blushes. Chanyeol grins widely, pulling his best friend towards the elevator.

Back inside the apartment, both Baekhyun and Jongin search for the architect. Baekhyun ends up pouting, thinking that the elder had felt bad and left. But they hear voices seconds later. Jongin automatically grins.

He usually shows Kyungsoo annoyment, well, this time he is not. Jongin is going to be overly friendly because he needs to win Kyungsoo’s friendship, liking or whatever it is that he wants. Baekhyun pulls him closer to him, asking him to behave. “When haven’t I?” says the younger with a grin.

Baekhyun gives him a strange look, but doesn’t get to ask what he meant when the door is already opening. The first thing that Baekhyun notices is the way his roommate intertwines hands with Kyungsoo.

But that doesn’t mean that he is jealous, not at all.

“Hey, guys, Kyungsoo just got here.” Chanyeol says as they make their way inside the apartment.

The architect shows Baekhyun in excitement what his best friend had brought. Jongin took the opportunity to walk towards Kyungsoo. “Hyung!” he waves happily at the elder.

Kyungsoo blinks for a couple of times, muffling a groan of irritation from escaping his lips. After all, that is the proper way a young fellow should refer to him. But they aren’t even that close to each other. “Jongin...” Kyungsoo replies in a monotone voice.

Jongin tries hard not to roll his eyes, keeping the smile on his lips as much as possible. “Here...” he takes out a bottle of vitamins, earning a raise brow not only from Kyungsoo but the other two.

The architect stares in amusement while Baekhyun sighs. Now he knows what the younger is trying to do. See, Jongin hates it when people don’t like him. He hates people talking bad about him for no apparent reason. He will do everything that’s on his power to make that person like him. And that is what he is doing at the moment. Baekhyun thinks that Jongin can be overly cute and dorky at times. What is there not to like about the boy, really? “Come on. You had to drive for a long time and I heard that traffic was horrible.”

Kyungsoo glances at Chanyeol, who nods for him to get the bottle. “Thanks. Indeed, traffic was horrible.” and that is when Jongin notices how tired the elder actually looks.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol left them to set the table. Kyungsoo wanted to help them, but Jongin had called him. “You shouldn’t drive if you are tired.”

The elder simply sigh, for as he doesn’t need for a kid to worry about him. In fact, the one that should be worrying is his best friend, Park Chanyeol. But he doesn’t complain because he gets to see the elder. “I’m ok...” he says before walking towards the kitchen.

Jongin stares at the elder’s retrieving back and sighs. He is concerned.  A lot of accidents happen when a person drives while tired. He is just trying to be helpful. Jongin doesn’t need the rudeness coming from the elder. It’s not fair. “Soo!” Chanyeol smiles at his best friend. “Baekhyun, he made this.” said boy looks up at the box on his hands.

“Really?!” Kyungsoo nods feeling a bit embarrassed. “Woah, I was just telling him how bad I want to try them. I am a er for sweets!” Baekhyun is all smiles.

“Feel free to try them. No need to wait.” Baekhyun gives him a skeptical look. Kyungsoo nods for him to go ahead and tried them. Baekhyun smiles in happiness while grabbing a pink macaroon.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter