Twenty - four

Need a Roommate?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Enjoy!

“Baek~” Chanyeol continues to follow his angry roommate all around the apartment. He had apologized for stealing the peanut butter sandwich a couple of times already, but it seems like Baekhyun is a grudge holder. That doesn’t mean that Chanyeol will stop insisting. No, he will do anything to get the younger’s attention once again. He wants to hear Baekhyun’s voice cutely asking him to make breakfast like he usually does every morning. “Baek!”

Chanyeol half shouts, startling the younger. “How about some extra sweet pancakes,” he tries, but Baekhyun is still giving him his back, “With a lot of fruit and warm strawberry milk for you?” Baekhyun pouts even though Chanyeol can’t see him.

“Keep going.” says Baekhyun.

The architect’s small frown fades away and a smirk takes over instead. “I’ll let you eat as much as you want,” Chanyeol is always stopping Baekhyun from over eating. He doesn’t want for Baekhyun to get a tummy ache. “How about I cook lunch as well?” that is not a good proposition, given that Chanyeol always cooks.

But that seems to perk Baekhyun’s interest. “Whatever I want?” he faces the elder with a raise brow. Chanyeol chuckles thinking that he is always doing what Baekhyun wants either way. But he nods nonetheless. “Assa!” the younger happily hops all the way to the kitchen. Chanyeol checks the younger out, thinking how damn good he looks wearing casual clothes a.k.a tight dark blue jeans. “I am waiting!” Baekhyun shouts.

Baekhyun is still puzzled by what had happened the previous night. It’s not that he is angry or anything of that matter. The younger actually felt like Chanyeol was playing around, so he is going to play as well.

Chanyeol can see that Baekhyun is hungry and ready to eat. The sight is painfully adorable. But there is something that has Chanyeol cringing. They are out of pancake batter or any fruit for the matter. Actually, they need to go grocery shopping already. He gives the younger a side glance before turning his attention back to the cabinets and the fridge. “Umm...” he closes the door of the fridge, slowly turning to face the younger. “Err... we kind of run out of ingredients. I think it’s time we go back to the market.” the younger sulks, not liking one bit what he is hearing. But going grocery shopping with the architect excites him.

“You owe me a breakfast!” he says while standing up. “Let’s go.”

 

 

To say that Jongin isn’t hurt would be a lie. He is hurt and still very much angry with the elder. He also doesn’t know why he was expecting for Kyungsoo to call him and apologize. It’s already 8 in the morning and he still hasn’t received any signs of Kyungsoo. That really angers him. – He must mean it then...

“What’s wrong with you?” Taemin stops his stretching, giving the younger a concerned look.

Jongin shrugs the question off and continues with his own stretching. Even the trainer had noticed the very noticeable change in attitude on his prodigy dancer. “Okay, five more minutes of warming up!” shouts the dirty blond instructor. “Hey!” he calls Jongin. The younger acknowledges him with a nod of his head. “What is wrong? Are you injured?” he asks in concern. Yixing panics when he sees Jongin nodding.

“Here and here...” the younger points at his chest and head. “It hurts!” his face shows no emotions but his voice does. Yixing and Taemin stare at each other in full concern, deeply frowning.

 

 

There is nothing better than warm sunshine on a cold day. Baekhyun sure likes the weather even though he is cold. The market is filled with people going from shop to shop. Some of them eat street food while others just walk around. The architect is worry free despite having so many people around him. – I must really look very different. He had thought after a while.

Chanyeol can’t help but laugh at how childish he used to be, but mostly of how scared he was. Having people recognizing him really freak him out. It got to a point where he couldn’t even take the trash out. He was also scared of rooming with the wrong person. Chanyeol wanted to be picky, he wanted to choose wisely. His plans of being picky went away when he first met Baekhyun. The younger turned out to be very sweet and humble. Chanyeol knows that Baekhyun won’t blackmail him in a future. “Yeol!”

Taken aback, Chanyeol stops on his tracks. He sees Baekhyun walking towards him with a cap resting on his hand. “Remember when we first came here?” Chanyeol lets a soft laugh while nodding. “You were so scared of people recognizing you that I had to put this on you,” this time Chanyeol laughs louder. “Chansung,”

“Eh?”

Baekhyun looks around before saying, “Yes, Chansung, do you want to wear it again?” Chanyeol slightly pouts a scene that Baekhyun had only seen once. The architect finds himself hating how that name sounds coming out of Baekhyun’s lips. He doesn’t want to be called like that by his roommate. Chanyeol wants to hear Baekhyun’s sweet voice calling him by his real name and only that.

But he lets it go because he knows that Baekhyun is just being careful. “Alright,” he says with a chuckle. Baekhyun then smiles widely while tip toing, placing the cap on Chanyeol’s head. “I feel invisible now.” the architect lightly jokes.

With a nod and a small pout, Baekhyun’s says, “Should I wear one, too?” he is already trying a few ones, tossing the ones that he doesn’t like back to where they belong. He playfully poses while checking himself out on the display mirror. That is when Chanyeol finds himself staring at Baekhyun for more than intended. – Couple caps? The architect thinks. – Ahhh! What am I saying?! He violently shakes his head, frowning. “I shouldn’t?”

Chanyeol wasn’t aware that Baekhyun was staring at him through the mirror. He becomes startle for a moment and a very faint shade of pink invades his cheeks. “Oh, y-yeah, you should!” he quickly says. “But I think that this one matches you better.” he grabs the one on the very top, the one that Baekhyun kept on glaring at with a pout, probably because he couldn’t reach it. The smile on Baekhyun’s lips can literally heal a sick person by just looking at it.

The architect doesn’t know why but he is happy. He gets happy whenever the younger is smiling brightly. The smile on Baekhyun’s face grows deeper when he sees Chanyeol grabbing the cap without even having to tip-toe. Chanyeol knew that Baekhyun had seen the cap, but let it go because he couldn’t reach it. For Baekhyun, asking his giant roommate to get it for him is a big, fat no. Baekhyun simply hates how short he is at times. – Why is he staring at m-me? Baekhyun shyly lowers his gaze.

He hears the elder clearing his throat. Baekhyun’s eyes shut close when he feels a finger lifting his chin up. Chanyeol chuckles for a moment. The younger slowly opens his eyes only to lower his gaze once again. Maybe it’s Baekhyun’s delusional mind playing with him, but the look that Chanyeol is giving him have his knees failing on him. “Let me...” Chanyeol brushes Baekhyun’s bangs to the side, placing the cap later on. “There you go.” he smiles and turns his speechless roommate, so he can check himself out in the mirror.

But all Baekhyun sees is his roommate through the mirror. He places a hand on top of his racing heart, silently telling himself to get it together. It’s painfully useless. The more Chanyeol stares at him the faster his heart beats. And all Chanyeol is doing at the moment is stare. “I-I like this one,” he stammers, cringing at the sound of his own betraying voice. But he smiles nonetheless, liking how well he looks with the cap.  

“Did you notice that we have the same one but in different color?” the look on Baekhyun tells Chanyeol that he didn’t. The younger removes the cap to stare at it. His cheeks slightly turn pink, but he hides it away from his roommate. – Ommo, couple item! A bright but very goofy smile appears on his face.

Baekhyun tries to conceal the smile by pressing his lips together, but Chanyeol can tell that he is smiling. The way that Baekhyun’s eyes turn into small upright creases gives him away. “You really like it, don’t you.” the younger nods, pressing his lips harder. “Then we should wear them.”

 

♥♥♥

Baekhyun thought that they were going to go home right after paying. He wasn’t expecting for Chanyeol to give the lady on the register their home information. So he asks, “Aren’t we going home?” to which Chanyeol responds with a shake of his head. “We aren’t?”

“Want to grab something to eat?” Chanyeol asks as he takes his wallet out, about to pay for everything. He was about to give the lady on the register some bills when he felt someone tugging on his sleeve. He slightly looks down only to find Baekhyun sulking with a small glare and some bills on his hand.

“Half and half, remember?” says the younger.

Chanyeol laughs, chuckling at his roommate. With a nod of his head, he grabs the bills that Baekhyun is offering him and gives them to the lady in front of him. “Okay...” he says, again, feeling unable to control his chortles.

Baekhyun brightly smiles while saying, “Let’s go eat!”

But before he can even run towards the door, the lady in the register calls him. The younger stops on his tracks, puzzled. “Umm, mister, you need to pay for that.” Baekhyun laughs, feeling rather embarrassed.

The architect takes his own cap off, placing it somewhere else. He notices the slight frown forming on Baekhyun’s forehead and the pout on his lips. He himself stares at the cap previously on his head and then at Baekhyun. “Get us a taxi.” Chanyeol tells Baekhyun.

“Okay.” Baekhyun simply says while placing his cap next to Chanyeol’s, getting out seconds later.

“The address is 409 EXO Ave. I am just making sure that I gave you the correct address,” Chanyeol says, still glancing at the caps. “You know what...” he starts. The lady just looks at him, boringly before shaking her head. “Can you please charge this too?

The lady nods while taking them, passing them through the register. “Do you want us to deliver them as well?” she asks but Chanyeol shakes his head, smiling. “Alright, everything will get deliver by 3 pm.

“Thank you.” Chanyeol bows to her. He takes the one bag on his hand and smiles at the lady, earning a different reaction from her. The girl’s eyes widen and a blush spreads through her cheeks.

 

 

♥♥♥

Baekhyun didn’t find the purpose on getting a taxi. They are in the middle of restaurants, café shops and pretty much the whole market. They can find everything in there, and it will be nice to just walk around right after. There is also a place that Baekhyun’s been dying to visit.

He sighs in content, feeling very nice and warm despite the cold, November weather. Baekhyun is happy. He is glad to be out with the architect once again, with his crush. “Ready?” startle, Baekhyun turns around and meets his roommate. He right away notices a bag hanging on one of Chanyeol’s hands. “Oh, where is the taxi?” Chanyeol asks as he looks around.

The younger forgets about the bag, answering Chanyeol’s question. “Can we walk instead? You still don’t know this place that well and there is a place that sells healthy food. I know how picky you are when it comes to food. I also heard that the pancakes are really good there.”

Chanyeol didn’t know that Baekhyun kept in mind how picky he is with food. The architect loves to eat, but he is rather special when it comes to eating. “Then we should definitely wear this.” he says while grabbing something out of the bag.

Baekhyun raises a curious brow, asking what it is. He desperately tries to see what the elder is getting out, but Chanyeol makes him turn around. “What is it?” Baekhyun asks rather impatiently. He gets startle for a split second, feeling something resting on his head. He then turns around and finds Chanyeol wearing the cap that he was wearing before. “You bought them?” he touches his own head, f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter