Eight

Need a Roommate?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Animation does not belong to me!)

Enjoy

Baekhyun's self-proclaim 'date' with the architect 

 

It was past midnight when Chanyeol woke up. He felt a bit disorientated, not being able to recognize the place at first. He saw a blanket covering his body, and the soft sensation of a pillow beneath his head. –I am no longer in Kyungsoo’s house. He thought. A smile creeps on his lips as he sits straight on the couch. His smile grows deeper the more he looks at his surroundings.

The place is quiet, rather relaxing if you ask him. It is chilly and the lights are dim. “Baekhyun-ah must have given me this blanket.” he murmurs. He starts to cough a little and notices that his throat is dry. Slowly, he opens the door of the fridge only to find that there isn’t much food in it. “Young people this days. They are always eating out.” he chuckles. The items in the fridge consist of eggs, yogurt, soy sauce and beer, lots of it. “My roommate likes to drink?” he laughs with a shake of his head. –What is Kyungsoo doing?

 

♥♥♥♥

“Hyung...” Kyungsoo slept thinking of that. Jongin had addressed him so casually. Kyungsoo wonders what made Jongin believe that they are friends. The atmosphere of his house felt different when he arrived. Chanyeol usually waited for him with something prepare to eat. But no one was there to greet him and he ended up having dinner on his own.

 

 

Baekhyun woke up to the strong smell of pancakes. His body doesn’t want to leave the bed, but his mind is telling him to wake the hell up already. He hates waking up early when he doesn’t have to work or go to school. But today is different because he has a roommate. The 22 year old man drags his body out of the bed and into the bathroom. –Oh!

His eyes land on a new toothbrush, which certainly isn’t his, placed nicely on the holder next to his. It’s black and different to Baekhyun’s. His toothbrush is old and probably the cheapest. A bathrobe hangs on the wall next to the shower. Again, it isn’t Baekhyun’s. “Chanyeol-shi just took a shower...” his face heats up and his cheeks turn red. Now that he thinks about it, the bathroom actually smells good. It is a very manly smell combine with a hint of lavender. Baekhyun loves lavender. He has a thing for the smell of clean. That is how he smells when he gets out of the shower, so his eyes widen. Did Chanyeol use Baekhyun’s body wash? “What?!” he stares at the new addition of products with eyes almost popping out. “These things cost a fortune! Why would he leave them here? They will get ugly...” he says, feeling rather embarrassed of his own cheap products. They are shameful compare to Chanyeol’s.

He quickly locks the three doors of the bathroom, his, Chanyeol’s and the one facing the living room. Baekhyun fears the elder stepping in when he is taking a shower. That would be a very embarrassing misfortune. Though, Baekhyun wouldn’t mind stepping into Chanyeol showering. A erted smile creeps into his face. He stares at himself on the mirror. A heavy sighs leaves his lips short after. “His life must be awesome...” he thinks after taking a look at Chanyeol’s things. They are all showering and shaving products of good quality. Baekhyun doesn’t want to think about the elder’s clothes, cologne or shoes.

Taking a shower is necessary at the moment. The smell of lavender wakes him up, giving his skin a relaxing feeling. Though he spent the whole day yesterday searching for an outfit, he doesn’t feel like doing so today. He gets a grey t-shirt and some blue-plaid pajama pants.

Baekhyun loves to look good, but he is too casual for his own good. The strong smell of pancakes and maple syrup becomes stronger the moment he steps out of his room. Baekhyun breathes in the ic and delicious smell, sighing in content seconds later. He moistens his lips with his tongue as he approaches the kitchen. The sound of music invades his ears the closer he gets to the kitchen, so he finds himself humming to magic by Coldplay. 

Chanyeol’s deep voice can be heard in a form of a hum. Baekhyun stops for a while, enjoying the sound of the deep humming along the music. It looks like Chanyeol is having fun. “Good morning.” Baekhyun greets the elder, who was too engrossed on his cooking.

Chanyeol turns, lowers the music on one of the speakers and greets the younger in return. “Was the music too loud? Sorry if woke you up...” says the elder with a hint of guilt on his voice. Baekhyun chuckles as he shakes his head.

“Well, it wasn’t the music but the smell of the pancakes.” Baekhyun admits. “I am a er for sweets...” he rubs the back of his head with his hand, feeling a bit embarrassed.

The architect nods. He also loves sweets pretty much more than actual food. “Ah...” he turns one of the pancakes over. “Hey, thanks for last night. I should also apologize for sleeping just like that.” Baekhyun waves him off with his hands. “I placed the blanket and pillow on my room, but I’ll give them to you right now.”

“Sure... or you can just keep them. I have a lot of pillows and blankets. My parents went crazy buying me unnecessary things. Well they are necessary but you know...” Baekhyun laughs. “But you shouldn’t sleep on the couch or you will hurt your neck.”

Chanyeol doesn’t want to keep the blankets. He thinks that Baekhyun might really need them, but the look on the younger makes him agree. “Thank you. I didn’t think that it was going to get this cold.” he says. “I did bring blankets but not many. Oh, I notice that the fridge is pretty much empty.” Baekhyun blushes like a mad man. “Though, there are a lot of drinks in there.” says the architect with a grin.

“They are Jongin’s!” Baekhyun exclaims. Jongin is always buying drinks and leaving them inside Baekhyun’s fridge. The 22 year old man doesn’t know why the hell Jongin is always buying drinks.

 Chanyeol raises a brow, “Isn’t he younger than you?” he asks.

Baekhyun laughs. “Yeah, well, we are past 19 already...” Chanyeol laughs a little, earning a look from the younger. “I don’t drink that much. It’s not that I don’t like to. I mean, I don’t have anything against it. It’s just that I can’t really handle the alcohol very well.” he admits with a pout.  “Ah!” he half shouts. This is it. Baekhyun can totally go on a ‘date’ with the architect. “Would you like to go grocery shopping with me?” Chanyeol blinks for a couple of seconds. “The thing is I don’t know what you like. What if I buy things that you hate? We can pick something we both like.” he rambles in a go.

Chanyeol looks at the younger in awe. He’s never seen someone with such a passion towards grocery shopping. Baekhyun can only beat himself against the wall, mentally, for being so excited about it. “Umm...” the younger’s eyes grow large in anticipation. It’s not that Chanyeol doesn’t want to go. But what if someone recognizes him? He can’t stop thinking about that.

Baekhyun seems to understand Chanyeol’s worries. “It’s ok...” he says, lower lip sticking out. Chanyeol finds the act cute and chuckles a little. “You can always make me a list of the things that you like. I will certainly buy them!” Baekhyun says follow by a strong fist pump. He doesn’t intend to sound too excited about it, but his actions are deceiving him. –So much for a date. Again, Baekhyun shakes his head for having such stupid thoughts about the architect and him. If Jongin where to hear what’s going inside Baekhyun’s mind, he would definitely say, “From where exactly do you get these ideas? That old man is not gay!” Baekhyun sulks, for as he can clearly hear Jongin’s voice ringing inside his head.

The architect raises a brow, questioning what the younger might be thinking just now. “How about having breakfast first?” the younger nods with a smile. –Wait, does that mean that he will go with me? The smile on Baekhyun’s face grows larger.

Chanyeol places a big plate on the center of the table. He then places the pancakes on them, follow by two extra plates. Baekhyun stares in awe at the puffy pancakes in front of him. He’s never had pancakes like this be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter