Twenty-five

Need a Roommate?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Enjoy!

AN: This chapter is 6k+

Chanyeol is in panic and pretty much sweating his nerves out. Everyone is waiting for him, but he has no intentions of going to the front. Yixing had rushed into the kitchen, almost yelling that there is someone that he wants to introduce everyone to, someone that will be working with them from now on. But Chanyeol wasn’t expecting to see someone that knows him pretty damn well. There is no doubt that he will recognize Chanyeol. That is why Chanyeol is hiding, praying that the others will forget about him. “Why are you hiding?” but of course, that doesn’t happen.

The architect jumps, startled by Jongin. “What’s wrong with you? Did you see a ghost or something?” the younger jokes, but he then goes on saying how the studio is actually haunted by a boy. “Are you sure you are okay?” Jongin asks again. He can see Chanyeol trying to look past him, anxiety written all over his face. The architect then gulps as he nods, unsure of what is going to happen next. “Well, what are you waiting for? Yixing is waiting.” he drags the elder with much difficulty since Chanyeol is putting force on his feet.

Chanyeol quickly hides behind the tallest, a.k.a Taemin. “Okay, guys,” Yixing starts, staring lovingly at the man beside him. Baekhyun raises a brow at that. “This is Suho, well, I call him Suho because he is like an angel,” Jongin gives Baekhyun a look, raising his brows in confusion. “He is my partner, my boyfriend.” – What! He is gay?! Chanyeol sticks his head out a bit to look at the guy beside Yixing.

The lack of reactions has Suho staring at everyone in concern. He then glances at Yixing, nervously smiling at the dance instructor. “Wait, what?!” Baekhyun practically screams, breaking the silence. He stares at the instructor in disbelief and skepticism. “But... how and when and I just don’t get it!” he is beyond confused.

Jongin quickly takes a hold of his best friend, helping him seat down. The architect stares at Baekhyun in concern from his hiding place. “You never told us, hyung.” Jongin says while soothing his dramatic friend’s back. Chanyeol wishes to be doing that, but he is too damn scared of coming out.

The instructor finds himself chuckling, nodding and apologizing at the same time. “You guys never asked me,” Baekhyun snorts. “And I thought that you would know,” Yixing looks straight at Baekhyun. “I guess your gay radar isn’t working.” he jokes, forgetting that Chanyeol ‘doesn’t know’ that Baekhyun is gay. “So,” he clears his throat. “Yeah, Junmyeon is his real name and he is my boyfriend.” Chanyeol’s eyes widen. – It is him! It’s not like if he didn’t know already. He was just hoping that Suho was actually a different person. “He will work here with us from now on. Our Suho here used to work for a very prestigious company, but he quit a few weeks ago,” he feels Junmyeon poking him from his side. Chanyeol stares at Junmyeon, feeling guilt and remorse. “Ahh, Suho that is Baekhyunnie and there is Jongin and Taemin my prodigy dancers and over there is...” Yixing frowns.

Everyone turns their attention to Taemin who raises a brow. All Yixing can see is Chanyeol’s head poking out. “Nice to meet you guys.” Suho bows to them. Both Baekhyun and Jongin can tell that Suho is probably Yixing and Chanyeol’s age by the way that he speaks. They can also see that he is a nice guy.

“Wait,” Yixing says. “Why are you hiding Chansung?” Taemin then glances to his back and finds the guy behind him. With a shrug, he moves to the side and exposes the elder. Baekhyun can only wonder what is going on. He is also very embarrassed for everything. Yixing had said a few things about him that might sound weird to Chanyeol. “Suho, that is Chansung and he will be working here with us as well. That is if you want the job, Chansung-shi.” Yixing then says.

Baekhyun finds himself frowning at the way that Suho stares at Chanyeol. “Chansung?” Suho speaks for the second time. He walks close to Chanyeol who is staring down at the floor. Baekhyun finds himself not liking the way that Suho looks at Chanyeol. He even finds Chanyeol’s behavior kind of odd. “It’s you!” the architect jumps, beyond startle by the elder’s scream.

But Baekhyun isn’t the only one not liking what is going on. Yixing hates the way that his boyfriend stares at another man. “Do you guys know each other?” he asks, trying to mask his jealousy with a small, awkward smile. Junmyeon would never cheat on him.

There is something awfully strange about the whole situation. Baekhyun and Jongin actually began to panic. That person must know who Chanyeol is for him to be acting that way. The snort coming out of Suho is enough to tell the two of them that he does knows who Chanyeol is. Again, Suho snorts and glares at Chanyeol in shock, confusion and disbelief. “Yeah, we know each other!” Suho says rather coldly. “Right, Park Chanyeol!” he exclaims loud and clearly.

Baekhyun is fast to react. He stands in front of his roommate, laughing. “He is Chansung what are you talking abo-”

But Suho is fast to shut him up. Baekhyun closes his mouth, slightly frowning and pouting. “I’d recognize him even if gets plastic surgery,” Suho tells Baekhyun. “I’ve work with you for four long years, known you for more. Don’t give me that crap, young man!” this time, Suho directs to Chanyeol. Never had he ever spoke to Chanyeol like that before. It’s not that he is angry, because he knows why the younger left. Suho is just confused as to why Chanyeol is hiding and pretending to be someone else. – Young man? Chanyeol slightly frowns because their ages aren’t that far apart.

The architect can’t bring himself to keep on lying. He knew that Suho was going to recognize him right away. Chanyeol is left with nothing but with a lot of explaining to do. “Junmyeon,” he sighs.

The 32 year old man’s eyes widen. Suho wanted to believe that maybe he was wrong, but he knew that it was Chanyeol. Hearing the younger directing at him by his real name makes everything real. It’s been more than a month since he last saw Chanyeol. “I am sorry, hyung!” Chanyeol bows to the elder. “I didn’t mean for you to lose your job. You are a good secretary, I don’t know why you would want to quit. I am sorry!” the architect continues to apologize over and over again, overwhelming Suho.

“Okay, can someone explain what is going on?” Taemin breaks the dramatic scenario in front of him.

 

 

Chanyeol ended up apologizing and explaining why he had to lie about his name. He wasn’t the only one apologizing, though. Baekhyun and Jongin had also apologized to Taemin and Yixing, but the others where fast to understand. That and Chanyeol had told them that it wasn’t their fault. After all, there is a signed contract resting somewhere in Chanyeol’s room. The architect partially explained himself to Suho. The rest where just there listening to their conversation. Though, Chanyeol didn’t get into much detail as to why he gave up his CEO position. He just said that he was tired.

The architect has everything, cars, money, looks, talent and popularity, but he doesn’t have what he wants the most. Park Chanyeol doesn’t have a family.

Suho was twenty when he first started working at Park’s Corporation. He worked as Mr. Park’s secretary for a few years. It wasn’t until Mr. Park assigned his son to be the vice-president that Suho was changed offices. He was now working as Chanyeol’s secretary. He had thought that working with a man younger than him by 3 years was weird. He wasn’t wrong at all. “Keep him concentrated. Always keep an eye on him!” Mr. Park had order Suho. Park Chanyeol liked to go out. He loved to drink and get drunk with Kyungsoo.

Mr. Park hated that.

Suho had to work not baby sit, but there he was at five in the morning, trying to take two drunken young men back home and not with some random chicks. Chanyeol drunk is another person. Suho had to take care of him when women grind on him, tentatively. But it wasn’t always like that, though. On those occasions where Suho was just tired, he would give up and drink with them. He would then drive them back to his house, early.

It is safe to say that Suho ended up having multiple rolls working for Chanyeol. He wasn’t just a secretary anymore. Suho had become a friend and like a second father to Chanyeol. That is why Suho knows a few things that others don’t.

Chanyeol was always responsible when working, always following his father’s orders. Suho could see that Chanyeol tried hard every day to gather his father’s attention. But it was always in vain. But nothing compares to those times where Suho had to go to Chanyeol’s house. Suho will never forget the painful memories.

Mrs. Park was always there drinking a glass of red wine, looking elegant and beautiful. Never did she bother to glance at Chanyeol. She would always smile at Suho before walking out of the mansion, but never at her own son. There were times where Mr. Park would arrive home. Things weren’t different with him, either. The man would remove his coat and walk straight into his office. Never did Suho once saw the three of them greeting each other. He would only see a 23 year old man, hopelessly staring at his parents.

Suho will never forget the way Chanyeol’s shoulders and head slump down once his folks were out of sight. It went up like that for all Suho knows.

Having Suho with him brought many memories to Chanyeol. Those memories really drained him up. But he also feels relieved despite everything. Chanyeol doesn’t have to lie to his future co-workers anymore. Baekhyun doesn’t have to lie to his closest friends, either. That is what bothered Chanyeol the most.

“Chanyeol looked very apologetic back there,” Jongin says. 

The three of them had left back to the apartment after that talk. A few boxes of food where waiting for them out in the hall. Baekhyun almost had a heart attack because the food was out for a while. One by one, the three of them got every single box inside the house. “I will be right back.” Chanyeol excused himself when he got a call from Kyungsoo. He had sent the younger a message, explaining everything.

Kyungsoo was fast to call.

“I wondered what happened to him.” Jongin continues to say.

Baekhyun deeply frowns. He puts the batter of pancakes away, looking tired as well. There are so many things running through his head at the moment. He is really confused. Shocking things happened in just a few hours. The shocking part is Yixing. He ended up being gay just like Baekhyun. The younger doesn’t know how he never noticed it. The other shocking part is that Suho is not only Yixing’s partner but Chanyeol’s ex-secretary.

Baekhyun is confused.

“Do you think that Chanyeol hates Suho?” Baekhyun asks. The younger raises a brow, shrugging his shoulders as he chews on a banana. “Do you think that Suho being gay bothered Chanyeol? Do you think that Chanyeol thinks that I am weird?” Baekhyun continues to ask.

“You are pretty weird,” Jongin jokes, “I didn’t look like Chanyeol hated Suho at all.” Jongin says, feeling guilty all over again. “I can’t believe that my hyung is gay.” the younger stares at the banana, suggestively. “He likes this!” he drops the fruit down.

Baekhyun raises a grossed out brow, slapping the younger on the head. “Bananas are good!” Baekhyun pouts. “Seriously, do you think that Chanyeol will eventually hate Suho? Last night I had an awful nightmare. He had found out about me and he totally hated me!” Baekhyun shivers at the memory of his nightmare.

“What is Park Chanyeol doing to you?” Jongin asks, amusement written all over him.

The elder practically whines because Jongin isn’t helping at all. “I don’t want him to find out! The last thing I want is to lose his friendship. I truly like him!”

“Should I date you instead?” Jongin says out of nowhere. “That way you will forget about him and not feel lonely?”

Baekhyun literally drops the bags of rice that he was putting away. A slight blush spreads all over his cheeks, but he quickly shakes it away. What Jongin had said took Baekhyun by surprise, but he eventually ends up laughing. The younger frowns and glares at Baekhyun. “Eish, what are you talking about?” Baekhyun asks as he wipes a tear out of the corner of his eye. “You are straighter than a ruler,” he ends up laughing again.

But Jongin doesn’t find their conversation funny at all. “I don’t care!” he shouts. “I would date you because I love you. I don’t want you to feel lonely!” the elder’s laughter completely dies off.

Baekhyun’s eyes widen for a long time. There is so much honesty coming out of Jongin’s voice. Maybe if Jongin wasn’t his best friend Baekhyun would have dated the younger. But they are best friends and Jongin isn’t gay. Baekhyun ends up smiling, sighing seconds later. “You love me as a brother and so do I. I would never let you do that just for you to see me happy. That will be me stealing your own happiness. I want you to find a girlfriend and live a normal life,” he says as he picks up the bags of rice.

“I would never do such thing, Nini.” he starts laughing again. “This is the first time I hear you say something so weird, and you’ve said a lot of things before.” he laughs harder, earning a deadly glare from Jongin. “You,” an offensive finger points at Jongin. “Gay?” Baekhyun continues to laugh.

Jongin deeply frowns. He stares at his lap for a few second, just thinking. “Would that be wrong?” he asks after a moment of silence. His heart is beating faster than ever. Jongin doesn’t want to say what he is saying, but not because he doesn’t mean it. The fact that he means it scares him to death.

“Are you okay?” Baekhyun asks. “Why are you asking me this?” Jongin sighs with a roll of his eyes. Baekhyun had never heard Jongin said something like that before. It is only normal for him to be weird out by the whole situation. “Is it some kind of talk to make me feel better? Let me tell you that it isn’t working. I don’t want you to be something that you are not. You don’t have to feel bad for me. I understand that things are hard and I am sorry for making you worry.” Baekhyun states in a serious tone of voice.

Jongin has been confused for a while now, but things are starting to make sense. Jongin feels certain ways when he is with Kyungsoo, feelings that he’s never felt before with anyone. Jongin wants to show Kyungsoo his hometown, his mind is working on ways to impress Kyungsoo and it hurts him every time the elder pushes him away.

The more Kyungsoo does that the harder it is for Jongin to get away. “I need to make sure first,” Jongin mutters.

Baekhyun desperately sighs because Jongin isn’t making any sense. “Yah!” he stares at Jongin with so much confusion. “What are you talking about?!” he whines while stomping his foot on the floor as usual.

But Jongin doesn’t say anything. He grabs the banana while standing up from the chair. Baekhyun continues to stare at him, hands

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter