Five

Need a Roommate?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Enjoy!

The contract.

 

Everyone is dressed casually with elements of street style and hip-hop. Chanyeol can already see the difference in fashion here in Hongdae. People in Gangnam are usually very glamourous. Some of the small buildings are decorated with colorful graffiti. Both Chanyeol and Kyungsoo are astonished. The streets are covered with people, listening to others sing or play instruments. Kyungsoo can’t help but smile at a group of young boys singing acapella. It is beyond crowded, but that same crowd makes you want to stay.

Kyungsoo drives by the free market where they see all kinds of people. Chanyeol can sense some freedom in this place. Hongdae might still be in Korea, but the sense of freedom that it provides is beyond words. That same feeling washes all of Chanyeol’s worries away. “I am hungry...” says Kyungsoo as he makes a stop at a red light.

Their last meal was early in the morning. It is only understandable for them to be hungry. But they only have an hour left till five. Kyungsoo needs to print out a contract that he made the previous night. Finding a place to print out the document will be a hassle. “We should stop at a market.” Chanyeol suggests after thinking about the things that they still need to do. Eating street food would’ve been nice, but the food is usually very messy. They don’t want to go to their interview with a food stain. Also, Chanyeol doesn’t want to get notice.

Kyungsoo finds a market, parks and turns the engine off. “Let’s go...” he tells Chanyeol as he makes his way out of the car. However, Chanyeol never gets down. With a frown, Kyungsoo opens the passenger’s door.  “What’s wrong?” asks Kyungsoo.

Chanyeol peeks through the door earning a suggestive look from Kyungsoo. There are a lot of people, like, everywhere. Chanyeol doesn’t want to run the risk of getting noticed. He has the feeling that he finally found a roommate. He doesn’t want to end up running from Hongdae because someone saw him. “I think I will just wait here.” he tells Kyungsoo who nods in understand.

“Alright, what should I get you?” Kyungsoo asks Chanyeol who shrugs. He tells Kyungsoo to get him something that looks good and eatable. He also orders chocolate milk. Kyungsoo makes a mental note to not forget the milk. He doesn’t know why but Chanyeol loves to drink chocolate milk, especially when he gets drunk. Maybe that is the reason why Chanyeol doesn’t get a hungover. Kyungsoo doesn’t know but there must be a reason. “I’ll be back.” Kyungsoo tells him as he closes the door.

 

 

Jongin is angry, frustrated and annoyed beyond words. The frown on his forehead and pouty lips had everyone wondering what the hell was wrong with him. Jongin really wants to know why everyone keeps on talking about that person. Every single freaking person at school talked about him. Jongin is tired of hearing the constants, “Oh, he is so hot!” or “Why would be leave?” what Jongin hates the most is this, “Is he still rich? I wouldn’t date him if he wasn’t. I don’t care how hot he is.” what kind of people are they? Are they even human? Money might change someone’s life, but that is not what life should be all about. For example, Jongin finds pleasure in dancing. He wants to be a dance instructor. He will earn money by doing the thing that he loves the most. People shouldn’t depend on others like that. We only have one live. Why depend on others?

Jongin thought that he was going to find some peace at the studio. School was such a pain on the , but boy was he wrong. It’s been a week, one freaking whole week! Everyone still talks about Park freaking Chanyeol, the architect. Where is he? What is he doing? Why did he leave? Everyone seems to question that. And now every girl in the studio is doing the same. Jongin can’t help but roll his eyes from time to time. He used to be the talk of the class, the hot man. Now everyone talks about the other dude. It’s not that Jongin us jealous, and it has nothing to do with him not being the ‘it’ boy anymore. God that is so not it!

“Good practice, man!” Taemin, one of his dance friends, tells him a smile. Jongin returns the smile with a nod. Once the elder is gone, Jongin rolls his eyes. Not at Taemin but what he had said. Jongin couldn’t concentrate at all, and it was all because of the constant gossiping. He anticipated today’s practice. Jongin wanted to learn the new steps that Yixing, his instructor, was teaching. But poor Jongin kept on messing up and that is so not him.

There is no one left in the studio except for Jongin and the instructor. Jongin is always the last one to take a shower. “What was bothering you, Jongin?” Yixing asks him as he takes one of the towels to dry the sweat off his face. Jongin sulks as he drinks from his bottle.

With a shrug of the shoulders, he says, “Nothing...” Yixing raises a brow, earning a soft sigh from Jongin. “I was distracted.” the elder nods in understand.

“Taemin suggested on getting a private class.” Yixing scratches the back of his head. “It seems like some of the girls are going over the board. They are stealing his boxers, but don’t tell him I told you.” Jongin’s face is baffled. “I know. The girls can be a bit overwhelming.” Jongin scoffs. “I think that you might like that too. I can teach the two of you privately. Let me know.” the elder pats Jongin on the back and makes his way out of the lockers. Jongin is left behind alone. He likes to stay for another 30 minutes. That is why is the last one to shower and leave. He likes to practice on his own or with Yixing, like today.

With a tired sigh, he takes out a new set of sweats and a black shirt. He puts everything on a chair and heads over to the showers. The warm water hits his tense muscles, relaxing him in an instant. He is tired and sore. After ten minutes, he makes his way out of the shower with a smile. His hair is sticking on his face, towel resting low on his hips. He cleans the mirror to get rid of the fogginess. A smirk appears on his face as he checks himself out. “Chanyeol who?” he says. “I am the hottest man alive.” yeah, he can be narcissistic. “Crap!” he exclaims as he takes a look at his watch. “It is almost time for the interview!” he rushes to get change, heading out of the studio minutes later.

 But he is very hungry and Baekhyun’s apartment is not that far from where he is. He decides to buy some food at a nearby market store before heading over to Baekhyun’s. The sky is getting darker and the streets are more crowded. Hongdae is a night place after all. Jongin smiles when he sees some teenagers dancing as a group. He really wants to stop and dance with them, but he doesn’t have the time to do so. With a pout on his lips, he makes his way inside the market.

“Food, food, delicious food...” Jongin sing-songs as he looks for something appealing. It is so hard though because he wants to take everything. “Food, foo-" his eyes narrow as he stops. He takes a few steps back and glares at a magazine. “You again?” he exclaims in annoyance. “Why can’t you just leave me alone? I am hotter that you. Tan skin is y so I win.” he takes a market out of his pocket. With pursed lips, he turns to every corner. Jongin makes sure that no one is looking at him. When he sees that there is no one near him, he smirks and removes the cap off. “I am sorry but you are becoming a pain on the .” he says as he draws some horns and a devil tail on the cover.

On a corner, a lady gives Kyungsoo a yellow folder. Kyungsoo thanks the lady and then bows to her. He was about to head out of the store when his eyes caught sight of a very suspicious person. “What are you doing?” he mentally thinks as he narrows his eyes in order to see what the stranger is doing. He hides behind the shelves when he sees the guy looking at his surroundings, making him more suspicious. Kyungsoo’s eyes widen in horror seconds later. “What are you doing with that magazine?” and then he sees it. The stranger is drawing on Chanyeol’s face. “Yah!” he shouts as he makes his way out of his hiding place.

Startled, Jongin drops the marker to the floor. He sees a guy stomping his way towards him. Jongin bows the second the man stands in front of him. ! Jongin mentally thinks. He debates on whether running away or facing his punishment. The first option seems to be the best one, but he doesn’t get to get away. “What do you think you are doing?!” Jongin hears the stranger half shouting at him.

Kyungsoo’s eyes narrow in anger when he sees the stranger laughing. “I was just...” Jongin tries to find an excuse, scratching the back of his head in embarrassment. “Ok, I don’t know why I did that.” he says. “The guy is so annoying...” he whispers the last words. The frown on Kyungsoo deepens. “I umm have to go...” Jongin says as he points to the door, trying to sneak his way out.

But he doesn’t get to do so, because Kyungsoo grabs him by the arm. Jongin is pulled by the stranger closer. Kyungsoo’s eyes widen in shock. The guy is build and Jongin didn’t fail to notice that. “You have to buy that!” the grin on Jongin’s face wipes out.

“I have to do what?!” Jongin exclaims as he shakes his head, earning a glare from the stranger.

 Jongin gulps when the glare on the stranger’s face darkness. “No one will want to buy that because of you. What did Chanyeol ever do to you for you to do that?” Jongin raises a brow. Damn, everyone seems to like that ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter