Seventeen

Need a Roommate?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Enjoy!

The architect lets Kyungsoo hug the living lights out of him. It’s not a thing of Kyungsoo to do, display of public skin-ship or any kind is frown by him. But Chanyeol can only guess that the younger really missed him. It’s been two whole weeks since they last saw each other.

Baekhyun can only stare at the two grownups interact with each other. However, Kyungsoo and Chanyeol have a lot of things to talk about. And Baekhyun kind of feels awkward just looking at the two of them interact with each other. “Shall we go?” he asks, finally gathering the elders’ attention.

That has Kyungsoo feeling a bit guilty for not acknowledging the young man a while ago. “Baekhyun, how are you?” the 28 year old man bows to Baekhyun, and the younger does the same thing in return.

With a shrug, Baekhyun says, “The usual... school and work. How about you?” Baekhyun asks.

Kyungsoo also shrugs but with a grin on his face. “It’s the same for me. I have been working nonstop lately. I think I need a break...” he says as he laughs. “But where are we going?” he asks, for as he thought that they were going to hang out in the apartment.

“Out, Jongin and I figured out that it would be fun to do something out.” Baekhyun says.

The vocal trainer is looking around as if searching for someone. Baekhyun frowns, but he can only guess that the elder is searching for Jongin. Chuckling, he says, “He will catch us up.”

The elder nods, feeling a bit embarrassed for being caught. “Okay, should we leave then?” the architect says to which the other two nod in return.

Baekhyun wanted to take a taxi, but Kyungsoo insisted on taking his car. With one condition, though.

Chanyeol has to drive.

Kyungsoo is tired of driving and tired from work as well. He also misses having those nights where Chanyeol would pick him up and they would drive just to drive. Having Chanyeol driving will remind him of those good old days.

And Chanyeol is more than happy to do so. It’s been a month since Chanyeol last drove. And he can’t believe that a month has passed already. He misses his car more than anything, second to his father. The vehicle was the only thing that defined him when he was out. Everyone knew who was driving, because not everyone has that type of car in South Korea. Park Chanyeol is a man of simplicity, but his black Maybach Exelero isn’t. “So how is Chanyeol behaving?” Kyungsoo turns to face Baekhyun while Chanyeol continues to drive.

The 22 year old man laughs as he response, “Well behaved. I actually got lucky, for as I get to eat delicious food.” he says to which Chanyeol chuckles. – And he is so damn hot! Baekhyun can’t help but think to himself with a grin.

“That’s nice. What have you guys been doing? I heard that you work a lot, Baekhyun.” asks Kyungsoo.

Baekhyun somehow feels flattered, knowing that his roommate talks about him to Kyungsoo. But what exactly do they talk about? Are they good or bad things? That has Baekhyun frowning to himself. He just hopes that whatever Chanyeol says about him is good.

Thinking about school has Baekhyun sighing in frustration. “I do!” he says in an over dramatic manner. “This last couple of weeks has been hell to me. I had midterms so I needed to spend a few extra hours studying at campus.”

Kyungsoo nods as he listens. “So you stay all by yourself in the apartment.” Kyungsoo tells Chanyeol, knowing very well how the architect feels about being all alone.

But it catches Kyungsoo by surprise, hearing that the architect doesn’t feel that way at all. “I get bored but not lonely. It’s actually weird.” says the architect. “I just wait for Baekhyun to get back home. We both watch TV while eating some snacks. I sometimes help him with his homework.” Baekhyun nods with a cheeky smile.

It can be said that the architect has him very spoiled.

Kyungsoo only nods as he listens. It was different back when Chanyeol used to live with him. It’s weird how Chanyeol doesn’t get lonely when Baekhyun is constantly out. He would back with Kyungsoo. Chanyeol would get depressed. That leaves Kyungsoo feeling a bit hurt. Wasn’t he enough? Wasn’t he a good company?

“I’ve heard so much about you...” mutters Kyungsoo. Baekhyun stops laughing. He stares at the elder with a confused look. Kyungsoo notices it, not only Baekhyun but Chanyeol as well. They are both looking at him. “Ahaha, I think that I actually know you a lot already.” he says with an awkward laugh.

The young man laughs while Chanyeol frowns. He knows Kyungsoo like the palm of his hand. Something must be wrong. “Oh, we made it!” Baekhyun exclaims as he unbuckles his seat belt.

“Baek...” Kyungsoo stares at Chanyeol with a shock expression. – They already have nicknames? He thinks to himself with a frown. “You are supposed to wait until I turn the engine off.” Chanyeol scolds him. “What if some car comes and hits us, and you had already taken your seat belt off?” the young man pouts.

Kyungsoo laughs, thinking how adorable his best friend is. Also, the sight of Baekhyun putting the seat belt back on with the sulk on his face is rather cute and entertaining. He forgets about his moment of jealousy, feeling stupid for even getting jealous. “Okay, I get it ajusshi...”

Chanyeol sends Baekhyun a glare and then sighs. Baekhyun is looking at him with a cheeky smile. The architect can’t ever get mad at the young man. “Park the car already so I can remove this and eat!” Baekhyun exclaims.

The 28 year old man laughs, yet again, giving his best friend an apologetic look. Who would have thought that living with a 22 year old man would be like living with a kid? In a good way, though.

 

Inside the restaurant, Jongin waits impatiently for the three men to get there already. He can’t wait to see Kyungsoo. The fact that Kyungsoo gets annoyed excites him. And he can’t deny the fact that he actually misses the elder. Talking to Kyungsoo on the phone is like talking to him in person. Jongin feels like he knows what Kyungsoo likes and what he doesn’t already.

It can be said that both Jongin and Baekhyun are excited. The two of them want for the two grownups to have a good time. Jongin knows more things about Kyungsoo, whereas Baekhyun knows more about Chanyeol. What makes Chanyeol and Kyungsoo common is that they are both tired, and both hold some secrets that prevent them from being happy.

That Baekhyun and Jongin deducted a while ago. They are pretty clever and smart.

So they came up with a brilliant plan of taking the two old men out. They want them to have fun and smile more often. Baekhyun makes Chanyeol laugh most of the time. The architect is never frowning whenever Baekhyun is around. It is only when the parent talk or inspiration related topic arises that Chanyeol becomes sad and distant for a while.

But Jongin doesn’t get to see Kyungsoo much often.

However, Jongin was able to analyze Kyungsoo from head to toe. The 28 year old man is stubborn, always angry, tired and looking confused. Jongin hates that. He really hates the frown on Kyungsoo’s face.

So he goes on a mission and that is to make Kyungsoo happy. Everyone deserves to be happy.

The 21 year old man’s eyes first land on Kyungsoo, who is looking around the restaurant. Jongin also sees Chanyeol studying his surroundings, taking is sight the very modern looking structure. There’s up beat music playing on combined with the chattering of different people. “Hyung!” Jongin rushes over to where his friends are.

Both Chanyeol and Kyungsoo stare at him, but Jongin only approaches the big-doe eyed man. “Jongin...” Kyungsoo acknowledges him with a nod. 

A loud gasp leaves the 28 year old man’s lips. Having Jongin hugging the living lights out of him brings an unfamiliar feeling into him. Everyone is surprise, to say the least. The sight is plain cringe worthy. Baekhyun knows that Kyungsoo doesn’t really like Jongin, and Chanyeol knows how his best friend feels about the younger.

Chanyeol is amused and scared at the same time, while Baekhyun simply facepalms.

As for Kyungsoo, there are a couple of feelings and thoughts running through his head. Should he shout at the younger? Should he push the younger? Should he hug back? And why is his heart even running a marathon for? This are new found feelings that are making him confuse and really aggravated. So when the hugs ends, Kyungsoo doesn’t say anything but stare blankly at the younger.

“Should we get a table?” Baekhyun suggests, trying to get rid of the awkwardness that had unfold thanks to Jongin. 

Chanyeol pats Kyungsoo on the back, thanking him for not getting angry. The only people allowed to get near Kyungsoo are his parents, some of his students and Chanyeol.

And Jongin is puzzled. Everyone loves hugs. Why did Kyungsoo look at him that way? Jongin really missed the guy. He is a very caring person, who gets attached too easily. He considers Kyungsoo a friend already, but does Kyungsoo consider him a friend?

“You guys will love this place. The food is amazing.” Baekhyun says as he approaches a table for four.

“And then we will go to other places. I can assure you guys that it will be fun.” says Jongin, mainly because their guests are old and they might not like what he likes. But that’s just Jongin being Jongin.

Everything goes on smoothly. Both Chanyeol and Kyungsoo ended up loving the food, just the place in general. Baekhyun and Jongin are more than excited for what’s about to come. Though, someone is not having such a good time. Kyungsoo is jealous. He wants to spend time with his best friend, but said man is having too much fun joking and playing around with Baekhyun.

Jongin can’t help but notice that, which arises his curiosity. He can be very observant. “Hyung, have you ever sang at a karaoke room?” the elder stares at him as if he had asked the dumbest question ever. Who hasn’t gone to a karaoke room in South Korea?

However, Kyungsoo says not with a shake of his head. “I only sing when I am working.” he says in his usual ‘not interested’ tone of voice.

That catches Chanyeol’s attention. Laughing, he says, “You sing to me all of the time,” Kyungsoo’s expression darkens. “Remember when we made a duo?” the vocal trainer shakes his head, not wanting to say yes at all.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter