Eighteen

Need a Roommate?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Enjoy!

Kyungsoo couldn’t take Chanyeol’s interaction with Baekhyun anymore. It was too much at once, and his jealousy was reaching a whole new level. Never had he felt so threaten by someone before. He ended up taking Jongin somewhere far from the other two. The younger didn’t hesitate on showing Kyungsoo around. He knows the place like the palm of his hands. And Kyungsoo was glad for a while. “This is where I dance, hyung.” says the younger in excitement.

Kyungsoo nods as he studies his surroundings, mind getting foggy due to the alcohol. “Really, what type of music?” he glances to his back here and there, trying to see if the other two are anywhere near them. But Chanyeol and Baekhyun are nowhere to be seen.

They walk side by side, staring at their surroundings and the people walking around. “I dance to everything, but especially jazz and ballet.” says the younger.

The elder raises a brow in amusement. It’s hard for Kyungsoo to imagine someone that’s so masculine dancing to something as delicate as ballet. “Ballet?” he asks, trying to hide his giggle with the back of his hand. That action has Jongin blushing. But Kyungsoo’s reaction wasn’t that bad. Jongin’s parents took it the worst, but they have learned to love it as much as their son does. Now they don’t judge, given the circumstances.

Jongin knows what men think about a guy dancing ballet. Most of them, to not say all of them, find it very gay. But Jongin isn’t bothered by it anymore. He has more girls behind his jazz than any other macho man. “It’s not a gay thing, hyung...” he says with a chuckle.

Kyungsoo’s eyes grow large for a second. “I know that ballet is a thing for girls, but I just can’t help but love it. Besides, there is nothing wrong with a guy that likes ballet and that is gay. I get that a lot. ‘Aren’t guys that dance ballet gay?’ they often ask me,” he rolls his eyes. “I don’t have anything against homouals, just so you know. You are probably thinking that ballet is so gay, right?” Kyungsoo stays quiet, shaking his head in a slow manner. “I don’t mind it, hyung. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I just happen to be very open-minded.” he ends with a carefree smile.

The elder feels a sense of acceptance just by hearing those words. Kyungsoo hasn’t come out to anyone, not even his parents. He isn’t even honest with himself. Everything is just awfully stressing. And having Jongin saying those things is very comforting. But what is he supposed to make out of those words? Does Jongin know? Did the younger notice something? Though Jongin did notice a few things, he is far from knowing that Baekhyun is not the only one hiding that type of secret. Jongin has proven himself to be a very nice guy to be around with. Hanging out with the younger is not bad at all. But what Kyungsoo wonders the most is will Chanyeol be that accepting? Would he be as understanding and open-minded as Jongin? Would Chanyeol hate him?

All of those thoughts are running wildly throughout Kyungsoo’s head making him dizzy and agitated. His cold and mean demeanor threatens to come out, but one look at Jongin and he forgets. Jongin stares at him with a smile, probably because he was saying something funny that Kyungsoo failed to hear because he was too busy worrying over Chanyeol. “Hyung, are you okay?” the younger asks in concern. Kyungsoo had lost interest on what Jongin was saying, but the younger didn’t say anything. But the look on the elder is painful and Jongin doesn’t like it. “Do you want to stop for a while?” he asks but Kyungsoo shakes his head. “It’s okay. I am not drunk. I can take care of you perfectly fine.” Jongin tries to assure him, though he is drunk to his knees as well.

Kyungsoo removes the tips of fingers from his temples as he chuckles, smile growing larger than ever. Jongin stares at him in confusion before laughing along the elder. “You are nice, Jongin.” he says, smile directed at Jongin.

The younger blinks, still confused, head cocking to the side. “I am only nice to cool people.” he says with a laugh/grin.

Kyungsoo raises a teasing brow, still chuckling. “Kim Jongin, are you saying that I am a cool person?” he asks with a grin, finger pointing at himself.

Jongin finds himself chuckling, saying, “If the coat fits then wear it,” one side of his mouth twitches into a full smirk. The elder blink as he stares at the younger’s handsome features.

They end up smiling to themselves, walking the rail that leads to a lighted park.

 

 

Baekhyun can’t stop laughing, mainly because he is still blushing like a mad man over their little accident. He is nervous, anxious and very drunk. And where the hell is Jongin when he needs him? As for Chanyeol, he can’t stop thinking. He thinks and thinks, trying to find an explanation as to what he is feeling, but he gets nothing.

And god damn it Chanyeol can’t stop staring at his roommate. There is something on the younger that Chanyeol stupidly can’t quite grasp. “Baekhyun-” he tries to call the younger, but Baekhyun moves faster.

“Oh, look!” Baekhyun finds an excuse to not stare at the elder in the eyes. He is not on his five senses at the moment, so he is afraid. And he can’t stop himself whenever he is around the architect. It’s becoming too overwhelming. His whole being is asking him to get closer to his roommate, to flirt, flirt and only flirt even though he might get nothing in return.

The 22 year old man is a ticking bomb that will go off any second. When it becomes too much, Baekhyun runs. The architect is surprised for a millisecond. He follows the younger, fearing that he might trip any second. “Baek!” he shouts.

Eventually, Baekhyun makes a stop, forehead forming into a frown. Chanyeol gasps for air as he stops, hands resting on his knees as he pulls air into his lungs. “W-what is it?” he asks.

Baekhyun pouts, frown still evident on his face. “Why are there so many couples?” the architect raises a brow in confusion as he looks around the park.

 

 

Jongin grabs the elder, pulling him closer to him. “This is where Baekhyun sang and won. He was so happy that day because he won free ice cream for a whole week.” Jongin continues to talk about himself, sometimes bringing Baekhyun up. It seems like Baekhyun will follow Kyungsoo forever.

The mere mention of Baekhyun’s name has Kyungsoo sighing. They haven’t seen the other two for a while now. Kyungsoo is starting to regret separating from the others. And he feels like complete idiot. He shouldn’t be like that to Baekhyun who have proven to be nothing but a nice guy. On the contrary, Kyungsoo feels that he should be thankful to Baekhyun, for as he is keeping Chanyeol company. “Tell me more about you, not Baekhyun.” Kyungsoo manages to say.

Kyungsoo’s usual big-doe eyes are starting to turn into small creases, effect of the alcohol. He can barely keep himself straight with Jongin always having to keep an eye on him. “Like what?” Jongin asks.

The elder shrugs with a thinking frown. “Do you have a girlfriend?” he asks with a teasing grin. Though, he can’t stop the feeling of disappointment lingering inside him. That girl will be very lucky.

But Jongin shakes his head. “Nah, girls are too complicated.” he says with a shrug. All of the girls from the studio scare the crap out of him. They are so possessive and demanding. Every time he starts to like a girl, she scares him off. He thinks that they treat him like a god instead of a human, and that really turns him off.

That has Kyungsoo raising both brows in curiosity. Jongin is a young man. It is only normal for Kyungsoo to find it a bit weird. “Meaning...” blinking, he asks.

Jongin chuckles as he kicks a rock. “It means that I don’t have a girlfriend. I just haven’t found the right person, you know?” he says. It’s not the younger’s fault, either. Jongin has never been in love. He has no clue as to how it feels, what it looks like or how it even tastes like. He is a love , among other things.

Kyungsoo nods, seeming very serious. “Well, I am on you left...” Jongin eyes at him in confusion. “Do you want me to move to the right?” asks the elder with a grin that turns into a full laugh.

Jongin continues to stare at the elder, face looking a bit surprised and stun at the same time. He never expected for Kyungsoo to be the funny type. “Don’t tell that you hit on girls like that, hyung?” asks the younger as he laughs, hand clenching on his stomach.

The smug smile on Kyungsoo’s face slowly disappears as he shakes his head. “I don’t hit on girls.” he says with a poker face, once again looking very cocky.

Jongin snorts as he says, “Ahhh, cocky much?” the elder shrugs very sassily.

There is a second meaning to what Kyungsoo said. He doesn’t have to flirt to get any girls attention. Kyungsoo simply gets it without moving a finger. It’s because he only has eyes for one person that he doesn’t flirt, and that person happens to be a man named Park Chanyeol  

Jongin can feel that sad aura surrounding the elder once again. He shakes his head as he moves. Startled, Kyungsoo’s eyes widen when he feels Jongin moving him over. “W-what are you doing?” he asks, finding the touch of the younger very warm despite the cold weather.

But Jongin doesn’t say anything. Instead, he moves the elder to his right. Kyungsoo’s eyes began to take their usual size as he stares at the younger in confusion. “I just want to see something.” Jongin mutters, hand wrapped around the elder’s arm.

The 21 year old man stares at the elder who is to his right. Kyungsoo feels his face heating up, finding Jongin’s brown eyes very beautiful. “W-what?” asks the elder, face looking down at the ground because he doesn’t dare to stare at the younger in the eyes.

Jongin chortles as he says, “Please forgive me if I make you uncomfortable, but you are like my ideal type.” Kyungsoo’s eyes widen, feeling his stomach twisting in oddly yet familiar ways. “Do you have a sister?” those feelings soon die off, getting replaced with disappointment.

He ends up pouting, still glancing at the ground. He guesses that if he had a sister, then she would be a very lucky girl. His source of response is by a shake of his head. “I really like your eyes.” again, Jongin chuckles. The younger doesn’t know what the hell he is saying, but he can’t stop it. “I really like your eyes.” Kyungsoo feels the blood rushing to his face. “They are scary at first but pretty. I like the little glar-“

“I w-want to know about you, Jongin...” Kyungsoo says, feeling his cheeks heating up. He doesn’t want to take Jongin’s words too literate, but it’s hard when they come from a handsome man. It’s even weirder, given that Jongin is strai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter