Sixteen

Need a Roommate?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Enjoy!

Author’s note: I didn’t have the time to go over this chapter. I will be busy these upcoming days because I am going back to school and I don’t know when I will be able to update. I will try to not take so long. Promise!

 

Kyungsoo can’t help but stare at his phone from time to time. That is actually not a thing of him to do. He never really uses his phone other than for emergency calls. But there is one person that has him constantly checking the device, and it is not Chanyeol.

It’s no other than Kim Jongin, the 21 year old... kid.

Jongin hasn’t been texting Kyungsoo at all. The last message Kyungsoo sent him was when he told Jongin that he was only going to Hongdae to visit Chanyeol.

But, to be honest, Kyungsoo was just joking around. He was expecting to receive a message back from Jongin saying a smart comment or something plain stupid. But Kyungsoo got none of that. He’s gotten so used to the constant messages that not receiving one for two days is making him worry. Kyungsoo wants to go to Hongdae and see what is going on with the young man. “Hey...” he holds his phone with one hand, using the other to open up his car.

“I am going to visit tomorrow. It’s been so long and I kind of miss you already.” he laughs, hearing what his best friend is telling him through the phone. “Alright, take care. I’ll see you guys tomorrow.”

A sigh leaves his lips as he places the phone on the passenger seat, driving off to his house.

 

Yixing decided that it was a good idea to open up a store next to the studio. He wants to sell protein bars, shakes and all those good things that dancers need. Towels, exercise equipment, water and healthy foods.

Jongin is excited because the store is working very well. He thought that people wouldn’t like it, but they actually do. The food is extremely healthy but very appetizing. Jongin just confirmed that. Healthy foods are a big, fat no to him. But he was glad to see that the food is actually very good.

Yixing really knows what he is doing. He is definitely Jongin’s role model.

But sometimes having too much success can be a problem. Yixing needs help now that the store became quite popular. “I can’t handle both stores. I mean, I can’t be here and at the studio at the same time.” he sighs. Yixing is getting concerned by the minute. “I need to start hiring people and fast.”

Jongin’s ears perk up. “Hyung, I can work.” Taemin says in excitement.

“Really?” Taemin nods as he smiles. “I will need at least three workers, and with you I will have two people already.”

“You already have a person?” Taemin asks. Yixing smiles as he nods.

“I know of someone that needs a job!” Jongin blurts out, taking his phone out about to text Chanyeol about it.

“Ommo, are you serious, Jongin?” Yixing exclaims. Those are really good news for him. “Who?” Yixing asks.

Jongin’s fingers stop typing on the phone. What the hell is he supposed to say? He didn’t really think before speaking. – Crap!

He clears his throat, nervously laughing. “He is someone I know...well, he is old. Literally, he is like a grandpa. He is Baekhyun’s roommate.”

Everyone knows that when Jongin says old it’s actually not. “How old?” Taemin asks as he crosses his arms around his chest.

Jongin sighs, making it seem like the guy is an actual grandpa. “He is 29 years old.” he says, still not being able to believe it himself.

Yixing and Taemin stare at each other before rolling their eyes. “Yah, I am 28 years old!” Yixing exclaims. “Do I look like a grandpa to you?” he asks, throwing a dirt rag at the younger.

Jongin gives him a blank look before shrugging. Anyone that is past 25 is a fossil to him, except for one person.

And that person is making him grumpy, confused and angry. Do Kyungsoo, a guy whom he just met but can’t forget. The 28 year old man is something different, out of this world, or so does Jongin think. Kyungsoo looks like a grown up 10 year old. It reminds him of his ideal type, except Kyungsoo is a... dude. Those big eyes and plump lips, it’s the first time that Jongin sees a fossil looking so young.

It’s intriguing.

Taemin is laughing at Yixing, who is still waiting for an answer. “Wait...” Jongin grabs his backpack. “Someone is calling... me.” he frowns, walking out of the new store once he grabs the phone. Yixing and Taemin shrug, talking about the job position instead. “Hyung...?”

Kyungsoo can’t help but roll his eyes out of irritation. Also, he can’t stop wondering why the hell he even called the younger for. “Hey...” he says, after taking a deep breath.  

Hearing Kyungsoo’s voice stirs up something inside Jongin, which makes him a bit angry. “What do you want?” he asks, one hand resting on his hip.

Kyungsoo raises a brow as he gasp. “Jeez, is this how you greet people? How polite, Jongin-ah...” comes with lots of sarcasm.

The younger snorts out in laughter. “Only to the ones that are jerks.” he says.

The elder raises an angered brow. “Are you calling me a jerk?” Santasoo is being tested.

“If the coat fits then wear it...” Jongin says in sarcasm.

Kyungsoo was nervous to call the younger. He wanted to let Jongin know that he was going to visit them tomorrow. Kyungsoo won’t lie. He was expecting something like that to come out of Jongin’s lips, but Kyungsoo is getting angrier than what he had intended to. He is getting annoyed. “You know what?”

The younger plays with a rock as he answers, “No, I don’t...”

That has Kyungsoo’s eyes growing larger, if that is even possible for him. He stares at his phone in disbelief and then places it back on his ear. “Goodbye Jongin!” and he hang up.

Jongin wants to pull his hair out of frustration. He curses under his breath, staring down at his phone. This was actually the first time that Kyungsoo calls him, personally that is. Kim Jongin just ed it up big time. But what angers him the most is not Kyungsoo. No, having Kyungsoo calling him actually makes him happy. But why is Jongin getting so damn worked up for? That is what angers him.

He dials the elder only to be sent straight to voicemail. “Yah!” he curses some more. People passing by are staring at him. He bows to them with an apologetic smile. Jongin dials the elder again, and again he is sent to voicemail. “Damn it, Kyungsoo!” he waits to be sent to voicemail again, but Kyungsoo actually picks up.

Jongin freezes. “Are you going to apologize?” it’s the first thing that he hears from the elder.

That has Jongin gasping in disbelief. “For what?” he asks, incredulous.

“Then I will hang u-“

“Wait!” Jongin blurts out. He takes a deep annoyed breath and says, “I’m sorry...” rolling his eyes in plain frustration. “So, why did you call?”

 Kyungsoo is smiling to himself in satisfaction. – Jongin is too easy. He thinks to himself. “I didn’t call, you called.” he grins wider.

The younger snorts out in annoyance, yet again. “Playing smart , I see. You were the one that called first?” he yells, sighing seconds later. “A-anyway, just tell me... why you called?” he demands, feeling his temples hurting already. Kyungsoo is very stressing.

The elder finds himself smiling ear to ear. Angering Jongin is rather amusing to him. “Well, you haven’t sent me any texts, and I thought that maybe you had changed your phone number?” he says, not really knowing why himself. Kyungsoo just needed to call him.

Jongin raises a brow as he smirks. “So, you are saying that you missed me?” he somehow, in a very weird way, feels flattered.

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes, frown forming on his forehead. Who does Jongin think he is? Is he some kind of alien that can read minds? Not that Kyungsoo is admitting on missing the younger. “No!” Jongin is an ! “Ugh, I’ll be visiting Chanyeol tomorrow. You had said that you wanted to see me, so you are the one that misses me. Goodbye!” and the line goes dead again.

Jongin makes Kyungsoo so damn angry from some odd reason. And the younger can’t help but grin widely to himself. “This will be fun...” he says. 

 

 

“Why a job all of the sudden?” is the first thing Baekhyun asks, tossing the keys on top of the little table.

Chanyeol stares at him with a cup of coffee on one hand and a book on the other. The younger just got back home from school and work, and that is the first thing that comes out of his lips. Chanyeol won’t lie, he was expecting the usual “Hello, roommate! I am back home, did you missed me?” It makes him feel stupid, for wanting to hear those words coming out of the younger.

“Well...” he chuckles. “Hello to you too.”

Baekhyun laughs as he nods. “Hello, Yeol...” Baekhyun says with a blush. “So are you going to tell me?”

Chanyeol nods, placing the mug on the coffee table. “Umm, you know, I am getting bored of just being locked up by myself most of the time.”

“We can go out?” suggests Baekhyun, really even before thinking.

Chanyeol nods, laughing again. “Yes, but you work and then go to school. I was always doing something back then. I can’t just stay home doing nothing.”

It is something that Chanyeol is not used to. He was a busy person, always on meetings, trips and press conferences. He doesn’t feel that lonely like when he was with Kyungsoo, but he still gets bored. “I want to work again.”

Baekhyun nods in understand. He would get bored too. “Do you mean as an architect?” he asks with a sparkle on his eyes. He would like to see the elder with a suit and just being an architect.

But the architect only gives him a small smile as he shakes his head. “Not at the moment.” he says. “But maybe like you at a coffee shop”

“Hah,” Baekhyun sighs, mainly because he wants to see his crush on a suit. “My boss, Jongdae, just hired someone.” he says.

“Knock, knock!”

The two of them snap their heads towards the door where they see Jongin entering. “Jeez, Baekhyun when will you learn?” asks Jongin in anger. “Lock the freaking doors, !” he says, smacking the elder on the head.

“Yah!” Baekhyun’s eyes widen big.

“Someone might come in and kill you!” Jongin states as a matter of fact. Those things can always happen.

“I have Chanyeol for that.” the architect raises a brow. “He can always protect me, right Yeolie?” Chanyeol nods with a chuckle.

“Ok, but don’t start fighting...” he says, glasses resting on the bridge of his nose. Jongin makes a face at the elder.

“Baekhyun...” Jongin whispers on the elder’s ear. “I think Chanyeol

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter