Thirty

Need a Roommate?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Enjoy!

“I am telling you, Jongin!” Baekhyun puts Chanyeol’s book down, a book that he took without Chanyeol’s knowledge. “I almost spilled my secret out to Chanyeol. What would have happened if he were to know that I am gay?” he stares at Jongin with terrified eyes. The younger simply shrugs, which has Baekhyun gaping in disbelief. “You don’t understand...” says Baekhyun with a shake of his head.

To which Jongin exasperatedly sighs.

“I am sure that he wouldn’t mind it!” Baekhyun bitterly laughs as he sits down. “Gay is written all over your forehead in big, bold and sparkling letters.” mutters Jongin as a matter of fact, “Making you keep this a secret from him was a stupid idea. I don’t know what I was thinking. I guess I just wanted for you to be safe. He is a powerful person after all. I was afraid of what he could’ve done to you but now I know...”

“Know?” Baekhyun raises a brow. “What are you talking about?”

Jongin’s eyes widen for a split second. He clears his throat and grins at his best friend. “Well... umm... he is a nice man,” says the younger with a shrug.  “He has manners and it looks like he is very open-minded. I don’t know... intuition?”

Baekhyun makes a face before nodding.  “The best part about that night was when we talked. He told me a lot about himself. I still don’t know why he doesn’t celebrate birthdays. All I know so far is that his parents are the worst and that he is trying hard to make his father proud. I don’t now but he gives me that vibe whenever he talks about his father. The old man is a ! And then he told me about his casual dates. This !” he slightly glares at the book, pouting.

“I guess love ...” Jongin nonchalantly says.

The two of them sigh. “Have you heard anything from Kyungsoo?” Baekhyun asks after a brief moment of silence. The younger shakes his head. Baekhyun nods and stares away with another sigh.

“Kiddos!” Junmyeon gets out of his kitchen with a freshly out of the oven plate of cookies. “Oh,” he shivers, shaking the eerie vibe.  “I feel an odd vibe here...” both Jongin and Baekhyun groan in unison, sinking their bodies deeper into the brown velvety couch.

 

 

Kyungsoo shivers as he walks around the block late at night. He stares up at the dark sky that’s filled with thousands of twinkling starts and sighs. He’s been so distracted lately. His head is somewhere else whenever he is working. His students are noticing it and he hates it. Do Kyungsoo is never distracted. But there are a lot of thoughts running through his head. It bothers him, annoys him even.

There is no one to blame but a stupid and careless 21 year old kid – Kim Jongin.

Kyungsoo can’t help but find his situation strange, sudden and very much laughable. However, he would be lying if he says that he isn’t flattered or happy. There’s a handsome, very much younger guy crushing on him. The kid is practically on legs if you ask Kyungsoo.

“Jongin...” he suddenly shivers, loving how the younger’s name sounds coming out of his mouth. A chuckle escapes his lips making him frown. Until when will Jongin realize that what he is proclaiming to be feeling is wrong? For as Kyungsoo still hasn’t come to terms about his uality. He’s been denying who he is for 28 years. It’s maddening. Given that he already accepted his feelings towards Chanyeol. Why is it hard for him to accept the fact that he is not just gay for one person? That he is a full grown up homoual.

“Maybe...” he stops on his tracks, frowning even deeper. Maybe accepting Jongin’s feelings won’t be so bad. “No!” he angrily mutters under his breath, and continues to walk towards his favorite down-the-block store. “I still like... I like Chanyeol?” he questions. “It wouldn’t be fair to Jongin...” he likes Chanyeol but he can’t deny that there’s something about Jongin.

The young dancer is different.

Kyungsoo hasn’t met someone like him before. Jongin is caring, confident, cute, hot and stupid. It’s amusing.

Everything about Kim Jongin is refreshing.  

And the fact that Kyungsoo can’t stop thinking about him confuses him even more. It’s so damn frustrating. However, that doesn’t mean that his heart and mind completely forgot about the love that they’ve been holding towards Chanyeol. One can’t just simply forget about their self-proclaimed true love, expecting to suddenly feel the same way towards another person. “Can we?” he truly wonders. “Then... why is he always on my mind?” he mutters, completely surprising himself. “Aishh!” why is it so confusing?!

No one can really blame him. Having someone suddenly claiming to like him does truly confuse him. And it’s not like if it’s just anyone. It’s a boy, a hot man, male as in his same gender! It changes everything. Kyungsoo’s whole world is suddenly a different color. And it’s nice. For once Kyungsoo doesn’t feel ashamed of who he is. Because there’s a careless boy who didn’t give a damn and decided to just go with what his heart wanted. And though Kyungsoo is full of doubts towards Jongin’s sudden confession, he can’t help but truly admire Jongin’s courage. It takes guts to do what Jongin did.

“Ommo!” he stops right in front of his favorite store, startled by the couple coming out of it. He politely bows to them, but the couple is too engrossed on themselves to even notice him. That same careless couple kisses right in front of him. Kyungsoo’s usual large doe-eyes grow even larger. He quickly looks away to give them some privacy. The sight of them kissing reminds him of that night, the night that Jongin decided to confuse him with the sudden kiss and confession. Images of Jongin’s face getting closer to him cloud his mind. The dancer’s face is just inches away from him and then, very unexpectedly, Jongin kisses him. “What the!” Kyungsoo jumps on his spot, shaking the vivid images of Jongin kissing him.  

His heart beat quickens.

The sound of his ringing phone snaps him out of it. He gives himself a small slap on his cheek, telling himself to get it together. That is when he notices that the couple is no longer in sight. His heartbeat, though, increases at the different ringtone coming from his phone.

Kyungsoo knows that Chanyeol is not the one who’s calling him.

The anticipation of having Jongin calling him increases as well, but the hopeful smile fades away when he sees Junmyeon’s name on the screen instead of Jongin’s. The disappointment makes him groan. Sighing, he answers, “What do you think about a birthday surprise party?”

Kyungsoo frowns, wondering why Junmyeon would bother him late at night with unnecessary questions. “Eh?” he asks in annoyance. Though, he sighs in content when he feels the warm air of the store embracing his body.

He hears Junmyeon laughing and rolls his eyes. “It’s for Chanyeol,” that totally reminds Kyungsoo of Chanyeol’s upcoming birthday. – I totally forgot! It also reminds him of the last conversation that he had with the architect. “Baekhyun wants to throw him a surprise party. I already told him not to but he insists. The kid is very persistent.” Junmyeon chuckles yet again.

“I don’t know....” says Kyungsoo, remembering Chanyeol’s hatred towards birthdays. “You know how he feels about birthdays, Junmyeon.” he states as a matter of fact.

The ex-secretary nods in understand. “That’s what I told Baekhyun. Although, I am afraid that saying no to him makes him more persistent. Plus, I what I told him only encourage him even more. Baekhyun is determined and he wants you here as well.” Kyungsoo raises a brow as he scans through some beverages.

“What have you told him? Don’t talk about Chanyeol so carelessly. His life is private even to Baekhyun. You know how he gets when people talk about him and-”

“Jeez, you are always so defensive when it comes to Chanyeol,” Kyungsoo stops on his tracks, eyes wide opened. “Whatever, Baekhyun told me to tell you this... “Kyungsoo, where have you been? You haven’t come in so long and Chanyeol misses you. I know that you two talk regularly but still. He is your best friend. Oh, and I also want to see you. I am p.r.e.t.t.y sure that Jongin wants to see you as well.” that’s what he asked me to tell you.”

“Why d-did you emphasize that part?” Kyungsoo immediately stammers, slightly blushing.

That’s the reaction that Junmyeon was hoping for. He grins to himself before saying, “I don’t know...” he casually shrugs. “Baekhyun also said that we might go clubbing after that and that he has a very... how can I say this without you going Santasoo mode on me,” Kyungsoo rolls his eyes.

“Eish, bite me!” he hisses.

“See! I haven’t even told you yet and you’re already spreading your venom all over the phone!” Junmyeon protests with a pout. “I’ll say it. There’s no way that you can kill me over the phone...” Kyungsoo really wishes to put his hands around Junmyeon’s neck. “Baekhyun has a y outfit for you.” the mocking laughter coming out of Junmyeon has Kyungsoo’s temples pulsating.

“Forget it,” Kyungsoo inhales sharply. “I have my own clothes. Thank you very much!” he says in disbelief, feeling slightly embarrassed and offended.

Junmyeon sarcastically snorts. Kyungsoo quickly removes the phone away and stares at it incredulously. – Is he making fun of me? Kyungsoo deadly glares at the device before placing it back against his ear. “Yeah, your brown pants and white collar shirt won’t quite make the cut.”

Can a person feel offended so many times during such a short period of time? “That’s how I dress for work. What’s so wrong about it?” in all honesty, Kyungsoo feels very handsome. He considers himself quite handsome despite been on the short side. He might not still accept his uality, but he has visited clubs – gay clubs. He can safely say that he is quite popular amongst all the hot guys there. However, he never does anything, running away before any of those hot guys talk to him.

Junmyeon decides not to comment on it, earning another sigh from Kyungsoo. “I know how to dress myself. Also, I will check on my schedule to see if I can make it. Until then, don’t bother me.” and he hangs up. Like usual. Poor Junmyeon never gets to have a nice conversation with the reserved vocal instructor.

The ex-secretary huffs as he stares at his phone before putting it away. Junmyeon looks up and finds two pairs of eyes staring at him in anticipation, especially Jongin’s. “He will come...” he sends Jongin a reassuring smile. But a part of him feels skeptical about it. Jongin just knows that Kyungsoo quite hates him.

Baekhyun chews on his cookie before pouting. “Is he always this uptight?” he recalls the few times that he’s spent with Kyungsoo. Baekhyun doesn’t understand why a person that looks so cute and squishy can be so sarcastic and evil.

He shivers.

Junmyeon nods in a form of response. He then goes on saying what a reserve, quiet an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter