Twenty-six

Need a Roommate?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Enjoy!

“!” Baekhyun groaned and cursed for the millionth time that morning. Tossing the bowl filled with already drying batter, Baekhyun deadly glares at the mess, pouting. “Why does it look so easy when Chanyeol does it?” he mutters to himself, already starting to give up.

However, he remembers his small mission and takes in a deep breath. He had promised himself to prepare something special for Chanyeol. Today is Chanyeol’s first day working at Sulay’s café. And the architect is the one who’s always preparing breakfast, Baekhyun wanted to make that this time.

But who would’ve thought that cooking requires skills, patience and a lot of cursing. It’s such a laborious task that Baekhyun is not willing to do again. It’s foreign and Baekhyun doesn’t do foreign.

Byun Baekhyun blames his parents for his evident lack of cooking skills, his mother primarily.

It took a few burned and flat pancakes, but Baekhyun managed to make 8 uneven and shapeless eatable pancakes. The fruit is another thing. It’s not cut the way that Chanyeol cuts it, but it’s still looking better than the pancakes. Baekhyun proudly smiles to himself, patting his shoulders for the ‘not-so-bad’ work. But his grin and smile soon leaves his lips when he acknowledges the mess on the island and stove. “Oh, man!” he tiredly whines.

 

 

 

Chanyeol’s eyes snap wide open when the smell of burned hits his nostrils. He completely forgets that he is practically and rushes towards the kitchen in a go. He spots Baekhyun fanning the smoke coming out of a pan that he had forgotten on the stove.

The younger is too busy cursing and whining to even notice that Chanyeol is behind him. As for Chanyeol, he takes his sweet time checking his roommate out. Baekhyun is still wearing his baby blue pajamas pants, bunny slippers and a yellow shirt. Chanyeol would’ve said that the scene, or rather roommate, is cute if it wasn’t for the profanities coming out of Baekhyun’s mouth. – Nah, definitely cute! The architect silently chuckles, hiding it with the back of his hand. “What happened here?” he asks, scaring the living lights out of Baekhyun.

Startle, Baekhyun jerks to his side. He wasn’t expecting for Chanyeol to find him in such state, face covered in batter and hair sticking all over. “God!” he practically screams.

The architect raises an amused brow, one side of his lips tugging into a grin. “Ah, well, thank you, but it’s just Chanyeol.” Baekhyun rolls his eyes, slightly blushing. “You really are a threat in the kitchen!” Chanyeol takes the burned pan away from Baekhyun, placing it on the sink with running water, “What where you trying to do?” the architects asks when he sees a bowl with dry batter.

Baekhyun puffs his cheeks and crosses his arms. “Your breakfast...” Chanyeol can literally hear the pout in Baekhyun’s voice. He chuckles as he turns the smoke extractor on.

It took Chanyeol a good second to register what Baekhyun had said. He glances towards the dining table and finds his breakfast. It is nicely placed with jars of milk and juice. “Ohh...” he clears his throat, suddenly feeling gooey. 

Baekhyun chews on his lower lip, growing shy all of the sudden. That is because he just realized that his roommate is not wearing clothes, only boxers. They aren’t as tight as Baekhyun’s, but enough to show the outline of Chanyeol’s whole... glorious sin!

Oblivious as to how much he is affecting Baekhyun, Chanyeol grins widely. “Thanks Baek!” he ruffles Baekhyun’s hair, emitting a soft-puppy like whine from him.

Baekhyun feels his body bursting up with excitement every time the architect touches him. It is inevitable, unfortunately. Baekhyun can’t help but grow needy, like, a spirit fox sort of thing. He just wants for Chanyeol to continue touching him, to continue ruffling his hair. The slightest touch is enough to melt him completely. That is why Baekhyun silently cries when Chanyeol stops his ministrations on him.   

Park Chanyeol won’t lie, though. The pancakes look slightly burned and very hideous. They don’t look appetizing at all, but he can’t judge a book based on its cover. That and Baekhyun must have really struggle to make them. “Umm....” but Baekhyun can see hesitance coming from the elder. He also tries to not stare much at his ridiculously hot roommate, but his wondering eyes betrayed him. “I-I hope you like them... b-but you don’t have to eat them if you don’t want to....”

Chanyeol’s brow lifts the slightest. He isn’t stupid or naïve and he knows that his roommate is totally checking him out. He grins to himself, feeling his ego going up by a thousand. A man finding him hot is completely new for Chanyeol. That can either gross a man out or increase his macho ego. “Aigoo!” maybe flustering Baekhyun a bit more won’t do much damage. Chanyeol stretches his arms on purpose, flexing to show his slightly tone arms.

That was supposed to flustered Baekhyun not terrify him. Poor Baekhyun’s eyes widen when he sees Chanyeol’s lower body sticking out, bringing out ‘that’ part even more. “Let’s eat!” Baekhyun half shouts, gulping harshly. – Oh, God! It’s so...noticeable. Eyes stop betraying me!

The architect doesn’t know why his roommate is so red. The two of them take a seat and lamely stare at the table. When Chanyeol faces up, he sees Baekhyun looking at everything but him. He then remembers that he is, indeed, almost . Eyes growing large in realization, Chanyeol clears his throat. “I think I will go change...?” it comes more as a question. He stares at the blushing mess in front of him and becomes more than conscious of the situation at hand.

Chanyeol is making Baekhyun blush.

All Baekhyun can think of as Chanyeol heads over to his room is to get it together. – It’s just Chanyeol! He tells himself, deadpanning later. – It’s Park able Chanyeol!

But because it is Chanyeol, Baekhyun has his head banging against the marble of the table. Down south is feeling slightly tight and uncomfortable. He desperately tries to think of dead bunnies to stop his raging, morning hormones from waking up.

Hey! He is a perfectly, healthy young man! Those things are bound to happened, unfortunately.

“I hope you didn’t hurt yourself while cooking...” Chanyeol gets back wearing black shorts and a grey shirt.

The sigh of relief coming out of Baekhyun’s lips doesn’t go unnoticed by the elder. When he doesn’t say anything, Chanyeol averts his gaze from the pancakes to his roommate. The younger is looking at his hands, sulking. Chanyeol eyes the younger with a shake of his head, chuckling. “Let me see,” he takes Baekhyun’s hand into his own, examining them.

The two of them stare at each other for a second the moment their hands touch, feeling something stirring within them. Baekhyun stares down at his lap, blushing deeper. Chanyeol clears his throat while checking Baekhyun’s hands. “I-it’s nothing!” Baekhyun tries to explain himself, still blushing. “I just burned one finger and slightly poke the other with the knife, but I am fine! I swear!”

“The pink Band-Aids are always helpful,” the two of them stare at the pink Band-Aids circling Baekhyun’s fingers. “I completely forgot about the pain!” Baekhyun ends with a reassuring smile.

That has Chanyeol nodding his head. He let’s go of Baekhyun’s hand not before caressing it with his fingers. Baekhyun silently gulps the big lump down his throat. Yeah, his raging hormones are not ceasing.

Baekhyun enters in panic mode when he sees Chanyeol taking the first bite of the pancakes. The architects chews and chews without making any sound, expression serious and blank. The silence and serious atmosphere increases Baekhyun’s nerves. His blushing stops and it’s replaced with a worried frown. – He hates them. I !

He becomes too busy mentally cursing himself to notice the smile in Chanyeol’s face. “Ahmmp...” Baekhyun yelps, startle when he feels a hand ruffling his hair.

“They are good!” Chanyeol takes another bite follow by some fruit.

Baekhyun stares at Chanyeol in disbelief before eyeing his food. He is happy to hear that Chanyeol likes them, though. He grabs one to make sure since he didn’t really try them, thinking how stupid he is. Byun Baekhyun could’ve been the judge of his own food and never thought about it. But he was too busy thinking whether Chanyeol would like them or not.

He surprises himself with the first bite that he takes. Baekhyun is proud with himself despite the tacky food presentation. “They are!” he chirps. The architect laughs while agreeing with him.

“So...” Chanyeol says before taking a sip of the orange juice. “You hate cooking. What’s the special occasion?” he ends up with a smirk.

“Nothing special!” Baekhyun chocks out. He doesn’t know what he is so flustered about. His plan was to make something ‘special’ for his roommate, so why is he denying it now. And why is Chanyeol teasing him all of the sudden. Baekhyun just can’t take it! “W-why would there be something s-special?” he nervously laughs.

“Oh, then that is too bad...” Chanyeol puts his fork down and pretends to pout. “I thought that you were been nice to me. No one had ever cooked for me before. I mean, Kyungsoo only cooks for me when I asked him to. Our chef, Minseok, would cook because that is his job. I’d have said that this is a special occasion,” he rests his elbows on the table, chin resting on his hands later. “At least it is to me...”

Baekhyun forgets how to breathe for a while. – Did Chanyeol just act cute with me right now? He internally fanboys over his roommate. “You a-are always cooking and I thought that it is only fair if I did it this time. Besides, it’s just first day of work, so I decided to make something special for you.” he unintentionally admits to the “special occasion” part, blushing.

“So... there was a special occasion...” Chanyeol grins widely while crossing his arms, goofily nodding.

“Just eat and shut up! Don’t take long, either. You don’t want to be late to your first day of work, Park DumbYeol!”

The architect decides not to argue about the offending nickname. Instead, he chuckles in amusement. No one had ever disrespected him like that. Not even Kyungsoo calls his names. Then there is Baekhyun, blessing him with mean nicknames.

Baekhyun abruptly stands up from his seat, very much flustered. Chanyeol, though, is fast to stop him on his tracks. “Thank you, Baekhyunnie!” the younger’s eyes widen when he hears Chanyeol calling him like that.

His brain stops working and his heart skip a few beats. “You are welcome!” he exclaims once his brain starts to function again, storming out of the kitchen.

The architect is left behind very much amused. He grabs his fork again and eats his ugly looking but surprisingly good breakfast, feeling warmed from within.

 

 

Jongdae sighs for the third time that afternoon. All he sees is his employee sulking every time that he passes through the cashiers. Baekhyun continuously scratches the back of his head, frowning. Jongdae can tell that something is bothering his employee. He is not the only one, though. Their loyal customers have asked Baekhyun if he is okay. Frowning is not something common for Baekhyun. Everyone knows how happy and cheery he is most of the time.

It’s just that Baekhyun is very confused – ever since he met Park Chanyeol. He’s been having a mental battle with himself regarding a certain architect. Baekhyun hates his growing feelings towards Chanyeol. He can’t stop them no matter how hard he tries. Warnings are not helpful anymore. He had told himself to not go there, to not fall for the architect, but he is in too deep now.

Baekhyun is in love with his roommate.

What he is feeling can’t be described as a crush anymore. Baekhyun knows it because he had thought about not having Chanyeol living with him anymore. The thought of it makes him sad. He really doesn’t know what he will do without Chanyeol and it scares him. It might have been just a physical attraction at first. All Baekhyun saw the moment his eyes landed on Chanyeol was a God-like tall figure. But things are very different now.

Chanyeol is what Baekhyun has been looking for in a boyfriend.

He also hates how easily Yixing came out to everyone. Heck, Chanyeol’s ex-secretary – Junmyeon – is gay and Chanyeol seems unaffected by it. Baekhyun expected to get a reaction out of Chanyeol but there was nothing. On the contrary, Chanyeol looked happy for his friend.

So how is Chanyeol really feeling about the whole situation? What are his thoughts on Junmyeon? Those are some of the few questions that have been irking Byun Baekhyun for the past three days.

“Ahh! Hyung!” Baekhyun rubs his sore head. Kim Jongdae has had enough of Baekhyun cutely pouting the whole afternoon. “What was that for?” Baekhyun hisses with the same pout from earlier. The soft glare and pouty lips that Baekhyun is sending Jongdae are enough to make the elder drop the rag on the counter table.

“Okay, young man, what is bothering you?” Jongdae finally gives in. He hates going into other people’s business, but Baekhyun is not just anyone. The man grew fond of Baekhyun’s cute and mischievous personality. Baekhyun is someone that Jongdae wants to protect because of the many hardships that he has gone through. Being an openly gay man in Korea is not easy at all. 

“I am in love!” Baekhyun bursts out, taking Jongdae by surprise. “Why is my roommate straight? I should have specifically asked for a gay roommate. Yeah, I should have done that!”

The elder rolls his eyes, grabbing the wet rag to slap Baekhyun one more time with it. “Get back to work!” see why he doesn’t like going into other people’s business. He stops and raises an amused brow when he hears Baekhyun whining the slightest.

“Can we listen to some music instead of the TV, sir?” a client asks Jongdae who nods.

He momentarily forgets about his whining employee and turns the TV off. His shoulders go down when he sighs, yet again. “You can’t blame that roommate of yours for his ual preferences, Baekhyun. I am sure that the right guy for you will magically appear one of these days,” Baekhyun stares dejectedly at the coffee mugs on the counter table. “Why is it that you gay men fall for straight dudes?” Jongdae mutters with a shake of his head. “Get back to work!” he points an annoyed finger at the younger, brow going up as a warning.

Baekhyun groans as he pushes himself off the counter. – You made a promise Baekhyun! You weren’t supposed to fall in love with your roommate!

“Hyung~” Jongdae hums in a form of response while attending a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter