Twenty-three

Need a Roommate?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Enjoy!

Jongin can’t keep his eyes away from the elder. He continues to stare with a slight frown at the man that has him puzzled. Kyungsoo desperately tries to ignore the way Jongin is looking at him by continuously helping Mrs. Byun out with the dishes. An inevitable blush spreads all over his face, though, every time his eyes meet Jongin’s. – What the hell is he looking at?! Kyungsoo groans in frustration, but mainly in embarrassment.

The way Kyungsoo walks, talks and smiles has Jongin mesmerized. All of those feelings are starting to freak him out. Moreover, he realized that having such feelings towards his hyung is not normal. “!” he pushes himself off the wall, hissing in pain right after.

“Watch that mouth, Jongin-ah!” Mrs. Byun smacks him on the head on her way towards the sink. The young man puffs his cheeks before storming out of the kitchen. Kyungsoo stares at Jongin’s retrieving back with a baffled look. “He is such a kid at times but he is a nice boy.” she continues to wash the remaining dishes while Kyungsoo pat dries them. The vocal trainer keeps on staring at Jongin’s back. The dancer just sat on a chair looking rather miserable.

It was hard for Jongin to concentrate with Kyungsoo nervously walking in front of him. It was an oddly yet adorable sight. And Jongin was the one making Kyungsoo nervous. Is it weird that Jongin wants to have that effect on the elder? He wants to see his hyung blush and be the reason why. “Jongin!” said man bursts out of his train of thoughts, head snapping towards the kitchen. “Come and help Kyungsoo! And bring the rest of the dishes over, young man!” Mrs. Byun shouts.

With a heavy sigh, Jongin makes his way back into the kitchen. His eyes land on Kyungsoo who is staring right at him. It’s only for a matter of seconds, though. Kyungsoo averts his gaze somewhere else, feeling rather shy. That has Jongin grinning to himself. There is no denying now of how much Jongin likes to stare at the elder. “Can you stop staring?!” Kyungsoo snaps when Mrs. Byun leaves the kitchen. But the only thing Kyungsoo gets in return is a smirk and a ‘Why?’ from the younger. Kyungsoo deeply frowns, feeling very conscious of the way that Jongin is staring at him. “It’s uncomfortable! You are making me uncomfortable, Jongin!” he continues to snap, face hot and slightly pink.

“Uncomfortable in a good or bad way?” Jongin innocently asks.

Kyungsoo blankly stares at him before shaking his head. “There is nothing good about feeling uncomfortable, Jongin-ah!” he exclaims.

“Why you are blushing...?” Jongin stares at his nails in boredom. That has Kyungsoo blushing even more, but he tries to shake the feelings off by glaring at the younger. “I like staring at you...” Kyungsoo rolls his eyes at the confession. “What? I really do... you are cute.” Jongin says with a shrug, surrendering into his thoughts and feelings.

Kyungsoo’s mouth opens but no words come out. He deeply frowns because he doesn’t know how to digest Jongin’s sudden confessions. It’s hard to understand why Jongin is being the way he is. He is a perfectly straight young man. Not to mention how damn hot the kid is. It is only normal for Kyungsoo to get so affected. No man had ever said that to him. Heck, no man had ever stared at him like Jongin. The reason for that is because he’d always hide his uality. It’s starting to become a burden. Kyungsoo strongly wants to come out. Jongin isn’t helping with his situation, either. The young man is further complicating Kyungsoo’s life. – ! Kyungsoo needs to get his thoughts straight. He can’t think that way about Jongin. “You are blushing again.” Kyungsoo sighs. “You are cute.” Jongin continues to say with a sheepish smile.

 “And you are... very w-weird!” Kyungsoo throws the cleaning rag and storms out of the kitchen.

 

 

The architect doesn’t care if what is going on between him and his roommate is weird. It had taken him a minute to fully realize what was happening. Baekhyun had wrapped himself around Chanyeol’s waist, crying his eyes out. The care that he showed Chanyeol was too much for the elder to take at once. And the words ‘I really like you,’ still linger inside of his head. Chanyeol really literally feels like crying.

It’s not just the care that Baekhyun is showing him. There is Mr. and Mrs. Byun as well. The tears are there, but Chanyeol chuckles instead. His laughter causes Baekhyun to stare up. The younger finds Chanyeol’s moistened orbs staring down at him. Another soft smile leaves Chanyeol’s lips. He feels touched at the sight of Baekhyun’s teary eyes and red nose. He warmly smiles at the younger, causing Baekhyun to lower his gaze down. Baekhyun can feel his face growing hot in embarrassment. He slowly lets go of the architect, clearing his throat as he does so. – Eish, why did I cry like a little girl?

The architect can tell that Baekhyun is embarrassed by the way that he lowered his head. Chanyeol laughed once again when he saw the small wet spot on his shirt. The younger had notice that and blushed even more. “What’s so f-funny?” he questions the elder with a slight pout on his lips.

Everything is heartwarming to Chanyeol. He sighs with a smile as he shrugs. “No one had ever shown your type of support towards me before.” that has Baekhyun’s pout slowly fading away. “And your hug,” that causes Baekhyun to shift on his spot. He still can’t believe that he wrapped himself around Chanyeol like a koala. That doesn’t stop him from still wanting to be like that with Chanyeol, though. “It was an actual hug. Not just a pat on my shoulder.”

“No one had ever hugged you before?” Baekhyun asks with a slight frown on his face.

That small confession sounded so insulting to Baekhyun. Who doesn’t get any hugs? Chanyeol laughs, finding Baekhyun’s small frowns rather comic and cute. It’s not that the architect doesn’t get any hugs. His best friend hugs him, just like his grandpa used to. Mr. Park used to hug Chanyeol when he was a young boy. Heck, even Mrs. Park would hug him whenever they were out in public. But no hug had ever felt as caring as Baekhyun’s. “Not like yours.” he admits. Baekhyun silently gulps as he lowers his face. “Thank you...”

The younger looks up in confusion. “Eh?” he says.

It’s inevitable for Chanyeol to not chuckle. He walks closer to the younger, still smiling. “I feel much better now that I talk to you,” the younger silently hisses at the closeness of their bodies. “Thank you for caring.” that is when Chanyeol gets rid of the small gap by hugging Baekhyun. The younger’s eyes widen in utter shock. His hands hang lifelessly around Chanyeol’s waist, still dumfounded by what is happening. Before it was Chanyeol’s heart the one beating fast. Baekhyun had heard it, wondering if there was something wrong with the elder’s heart. It is his now that beats at an unnatural speed. He eventually gives in and hugs the guy that he grew to like more than a friend back. “Thank you, Baek.” Baekhyun smiles and hugs tighter.

Is it normal? The architect feels different. This is not just a hug. He feels things that aren’t possibly normal for a guy. Does he hate it? Chanyeol doesn’t exactly know yet. But there is no way that he can hate his roommate. Baekhyun is very different from others, and Chanyeol loves that.

“Chan-” all of those thoughts vanish out of Chanyeol’s head. He quickly lets go of his roommate, clearing his throat. Baekhyun wasn’t exactly pushed, but he it had felt that way to him. The two of them see Kyungsoo staring down at them with an expressionless look on his face, and Jongin showing a different type of reaction. “Your parents are calling you, Baekhyun.” Kyungsoo coldly says before stepping out of the room.

“Kyungsoo!” both Chanyeol and Jongin shout in unison, but their callings get ignored.

Jealousy isn’t what bothers Kyungsoo anymore. What bothers him is Chanyeol. Kyungsoo is starting to feel like if he was never a good friend, like if he was never enough for Chanyeol. He’s noticed how much Chanyeol has changed over the month. Though Chanyeol is still not back to being his old self, Kyungsoo can still see a huge difference in attitude. And it is all because of Baekhyun. Maybe the jealousy part kicks in there. The support and probably counseling that Baekhyun is giving Chanyeol is the same that Kyungsoo used to give the elder. So what makes everything so damn different?

Why was Chanyeol drowning himself in cheap beer and cigarettes? Why did Chanyeol never smile like that to Kyungsoo when he used to live back in Seoul? Why did he look so damn miserable? “Ahh!” Kyungsoo runs a hand through his hair in frustration.

All of those things truly anger him. He’s hurt.

Eventually, Jongin found Kyungsoo back in the kitchen. Mr. and Mrs. Byun were too busy getting their things ready to leave that they didn’t notice the look on Kyungsoo’s face. Jongin had seen that expression before. And again, Jongin noticed a lot of things. Like how Kyungsoo didn’t spare Baekhyun a glance. The look of admiration that Kyungsoo has towards Chanyeol was gone, replaced with anger and disappointment.

He steps closer to Kyungsoo, noticing how the elder’s hands are turn into fists. Kyungsoo is blankly staring at the bottle of wine with a prominent frown on his face. Jongin softly sighs. He hates that look on the elder. There is definitely something that Kyungsoo is hiding. “Hyung...?” Jongin wants to find out what it is. “What’s wrong?” he fears that he might anger Kyungsoo with his questions.

Kyungsoo takes a deep breath before turning his attention towards Jongin. His frustrations slowly wash away, getting replaced with new ones. Jongin is staring at him, caring for him in ways that Chanyeol hasn’t. That angers Kyungsoo even more. “Just tired... that is all.” he mutters.

That reminds Jongin of something that he has been doing for a while now. He storms into the living room to grab his backpack. “Yah, don’t run or you will fall!” Mrs. Byun gets after him. Kyungsoo saw Jongin getting smack on the by Mrs. Byun. That brought a smile out of him. “Here!” the younger appears right in front of him, handling him a drink. “It’s a different flavor. I hope you like chocolate. It’s personally my favorite.” he shyly scratches his elbow. 

A soft laugh leaves Kyungsoo’s lips. He stares at Jongin who for a split second seemed to have blushed. “Thanks...” Kyungsoo grabs the drink earning a bright smile from the younger.

The younger sheepishly shakes his head. “You will see how the tiredness goes away. The power of the Byuns can drain you up, but they are awesome.” Kyungsoo finds himself nodding even though that is not the reason why he is tired.

Baekhyun’s parents are indeed amazing. They are caring and very friendly. Kyungsoo can see where Baekhyun gets his confidence and attitude from. If only he had that type of relationship with his own parents. “Soo? Chanyeol and Baekhyun join them at the kitchen.

The smile on Kyungsoo’s face immediately fades away. He lowers his gaze and frowns. Looking at Chanyeol is something that he doesn’t want to do at the moment. Kyungsoo is embarrassed. He mostly feels embarrassed with Baekhyun, though. Kyungsoo doesn’t care if Chanyeol thinks that he is jealous of Baekhyun. That Baekhyun is going to replace Kyungsoo’s place as Chanyeol’s best friend. Chanyeol can think of whatever he wants for all Kyungsoo cares. The real and stupid reason is Baekhyun stilling the love of his life. It’s such a sad and frustrating feel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter