Three

Need a Roommate?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Enjoy!

I need a roommate!

 

Maybe running away was not a good idea. It’s been three weeks already and all Chanyeol hears is how stupid he was for stepping down from the CEO position. None of them know what Chanyeol went through every single day. They don’t that his father rejects him all the time. They just don’t know anything. Chanyeol is amused and scare at the same time. How can the media make you look like something that you are not, like a coward? Mr. Park blamed and called Chanyeol childish on an interview. The worst part is that Chanyeol doesn’t want to speak up for himself. He doesn’t want to make his father look bad in eyes of the entire nation. They’ve known him more that they’ve known Chanyeol. Who are they going to believe? Sometimes, having too much power can make a person a selfish bastard.

Chanyeol thought that everything was going to get sort out by running away. He thought that freedom would follow right after, but, if anything, things had just gotten worse. Moving out was just a random idea. Kyungsoo never thought that Chanyeol would actually do it. Finding a house isn’t a hard thing to do, and Chanyeol can afford buying twenty houses in a go. But he doesn’t want for his parents to know where he is. They would just get him back and his life would be the same as before.

Kyungsoo didn’t hesitate on giving Chanyeol some shelter. His house is big enough for four people. He even gave the elder a room to use as an office. But Kyungsoo is starting to regret even accepting Chanyeol on his house. He never really knew how ed up Chanyeol really is. It scares Kyungsoo because he can now tell why the old Chanyeol is gone. The elder got worse when he heard his father calling him childish and immature. “What have I done to deserve a son like him?” said Mr. Park on an interview. That completely brought Chanyeol down. The only thing Chanyeol really wants in this world is to make his parents proud of him. He is confused, scared and disappointed, for as he had just let down his parents.

Chanyeol is not the only one having a hard time with this whole situation. Kyungsoo didn’t know that having his best friend so close to him would make him feel so... wrong. It can he said that he is a bit annoyed as well. Chanyeol became a very messy person, and he wasn’t like that before. Kyungsoo’s house is a mess at times. He might get a fit if things continue like this. Where is Chanyeol going to live? What is he going to do? Kyungsoo wonders all of the time. There is a part of him that just wants to get angry, but the other doesn’t. Kyungsoo has this unexplainable affection towards the elder. It’s so confusing that it freaks him out. We are best friends. He reminds himself all of the time. He doesn’t want to kick Chanyeol out, but why are his feelings all over the place again? Chanyeol is my best friend.  He is bound to feel that way, right?

Kyungsoo knocks on Chanyeol’s door. He waits for a response, but he can’t hear a single sound coming from inside the now office. “Chanyeol...” he says as he makes his way inside the office. Kyungsoo sees Chanyeol lying on the floor with a beer on his hand. His face scrunches up in disgust as he takes a good look of the room. There are papers scatter all over floor and it stinks of alcohol. “Can you stop drinking?” Kyungsoo asks. Irritation is presentable on his voice but hurt overcomes it. Chanyeol can only groan while shaking his head. With a heavy sigh, Kyungsoo squats next to his best friend. “I made dinner...” he says but Chanyeol doesn’t move a bit. “Get up.” orders Kyungsoo. He tries to lift Chanyeol up, but fails miserably. Chanyeol is too big for his own good.

“I’m not hungry, Soo” groans Chanyeol. He takes another sip of his now hot beer. Kyungsoo makes a face, for as Chanyeol stinks of alcohol. The whole office smells and there is a mess everywhere. Kyungsoo really wants for Chanyeol to stop this phase that he is going through. It is not normal. He misses the bubbly and cheerful guy that annoys and teases him all of the time.

Seeing Chanyeol destroying himself like that is so damn frustrating to Kyungsoo. But more than anything it is hurtful. “Come on. You stink and you haven’t left the house in weeks. You can’t keep on hiding. Your parents don’t even know where you are.” says Kyungsoo, this time managing to lift Chanyeol up from the ground. He moves to the back to give Chanyeol some space, and takes a good look at him. It’s been so long since the last time he saw Chanyeol wearing something casual. There is a difference in appearance that he finds himself gasping. He remembers their days as teenagers, when those feelings first appeared.

Kyungsoo clears his throat, looking somewhere else but Chanyeol, telling him once again to go eat. “I am not hungry!” Chanyeol exclaims. “And I don’t feel like going out either.” he says with a pout. A groan leaves his thick lips when he sees that his bottles are all empty. “But I am very thirsty...” he points at the bottle on his hand, as if telling Kyungsoo to get him another one. Kyungsoo shakes, taking the bottle away from Chanyeol. It is an action that makes Chanyeol groan in annoyance. “Soo, give it to me!”

Kyungsoo shakes his head in anger. “You are being childish!” and boy does he regrets saying that. His eyes grow large. He looks up at Chanyeol who is looking back at him with a slight frown, lips tightly press together. “I-I didn’t mean it like that....” But Chanyeol shakes his head. These feelings that Kyungsoo is having are becoming so strong. He knew that his heart wasn’t going to feel at ease. He knew that having Chanyeol in his house was going to do things to him, even though he tried to play dumb.

“You even think so?” Chanyeol asks his voice shaky and raspy. Kyungsoo denies it with a shake of his head, but Chanyeol is too stubborn for his own good. “I...” Chanyeol tares his gaze away from Kyungsoo, slightly feeling embarrassed. “I want to be alone.” he says. Kyungsoo nods without saying a word. He finds himself making his way out of the office with a slight pout on his lips. Why is it that he is feeling this way when everything was fine before. Kyungsoo had told himself to never feel that way again, but these feelings are coming back. He just wants to protect his best friend, to tell him that everything is going to be ok. Chanyeol sighs once the door closes. He looks around the office and sighs deeper. Everything is thrown on the floor. His designs are all over the table, and he does smell. What is he doing with his life? How did he go from the top to the bottom? Nothing makes sense.

He shakes his head from side to side. Chanyeol is not going to keep on with this attitude. He wants to live again, to feel alive. Kyungsoo is carrying with all of this as well. The last thing Chanyeol wants is for Kyungsoo to hate him. He loves Kyungsoo with all of his heart. The younger is the only person that has been there for him from the very beginning. He is the little brother that Chanyeol never got to have, and for that he is thankful.

 

Since when is finding a roommate such a laborious task? Baekhyun seriously wants to pulls his hairs out. It’s been three weeks

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter