Fifteen

Need a Roommate?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Enjoy!

Chanyeol is starting to open up more to Baekhyun. He isn’t really telling the younger what is going on his life, but he knows that Baekhyun suspects something. Speaking of the younger, he hasn’t been spending much time at home. The young man is always busy with school or his job.

Two weeks have passed from the day of the accident. Chanyeol can’t help but worry about his roommate from time to time.

Baekhyun and Jongin spend most of their free time studying, buried in homework and after school lessons. Finals are just around the corner and so is their precious sleeping time. They had to kiss their sleep goodbye, thanks to late night studying.  

The 22 year old man loves his work, but it is a pain on the at times. And Chanyeol is constantly alone, wondering what his best friend might be doing.

Well, the 28 year old man is always receiving texts messages from Jongin. It was very weird at first but Kyungsoo is starting to get used to them. Jongin is funny. He keeps Kyungsoo laughing like an idiot at times. Some of his students wonder if he is okay.

But Kyungsoo would never admit that.

Never again did he ask himself what Jongin had meant with “you will me mine.” Kyungsoo thinks that kids nowadays are like that. They are always trying to be number one and the ones in charge. They think they can rule the world. – Idiots!

“Texting Kyungsoo again!” Baekhyun asks rather scandalize.

Jongin pouts as he shrugs his shoulders, placing the phone back on the pocket of his jeans. “So...” he says, uninterested. “Are you jealous or something?” he asks with a grin, clearly teasing the elder.

Baekhyun scoffs, shrugging his shoulders in annoyance. It could be that he is jealous. Baekhyun hasn’t received any messages from his best friend in quite a while now. Jongin is usually always sending him weird facts or stupid jokes. But what bothers Baekhyun the most is that he doesn’t have Chanyeol’s phone number.

They have been living together for almost a month now. “Awwee, come here!” the younger engulfs Baekhyun into a tight hug. The elder wants to break free, especially because Jongin is his hair, telling him comforting words.

“Yah, what the hell Jongin?!” he pushes the clingy man away from him.

Jongin blinks, sending the elder a bored look before it turns into affection. He loves to tease his best friend. “You will always be number one. My heart belongs to you, baby...” he winks at the elder. “What other man is going to love you more than your father or me?” he says, clearly not thinking before speaking.

He notices the slight frown forming on Baekhyun’s face. Immediately, Jongin feels like crap. “I didn’t mean it in that way, Baekhyun.” the elder stares down at his lap, books resting in between his crossed legs. “You will find a handsome guy that will love you more than you father, but he can’t love you more than I do.” he says.

Baekhyun rolls his eyes. “Just shut up, Jongin...” Baekhyun says with a pout.

Jongin mischievously grins. “Always number one in my heart!” he hugs Baekhyun again. The elder laughs but he continues to glare at the younger that is just a moving bone-bag of stupidity.

“You are so gross, Jongin.” the younger shrugs in a playful manner. “The same goes to you. If you love someone else more than me I will chop your precious friend off.” the elder makes a scissor hand gesture. Jongin gulps as he nods.

If they only knew what’s in for them later on.

“Then lets bible this!” the two of them nod, bringing their pinky fingers up in order to seal a promise.

“Promise!” both of them says in unison.

The two of them burst into laughter once they realize how stupid they are. But there is one thing still bothering Baekhyun, so he sighs in frustration. “How is it that you have Kyungsoo’s phone number? How is it that you are even texting him. Does he even answer back?” the younger nods with a smile. “I don’t even have Chanyeol’s number and he is my roommate!” he sulks like a little kid.

Jongin seems surprised. “You don’t have his number? Don’t tell me that you don’t talk to him because of your infatuation towards him?!” he asks incredulously. Baekhyun hits him on the shoulder, rolling his eyes. “I happen to have his number, but I never send him any messages.” he says as he takes his phone out.

“What?! Give it to me, please!” the younger chuckles as he nods. “Don’t make fun of me!” Baekhyun crosses his arms, still sulking. “Chanyeol is kind of weird. One day he is happy, acting like a happy virus and the other he is sad. It’s like if he has a switch on and off button.” Jongin his head to the side in confusion.

He hasn’t seen any of that coming from the architect. “I want him to open up to me, but something seems to prevent him from doing so. Ugh, and I hate it when he watches the news. It’s always about his father or the corporation. I’ve noticed how much that sadness him.”

Jongin grins. Someone is really paying attention to the architect. “It’s not polite to pry on other people’s business.” the elder rolls his eyes, snorting in laughter.

Very sarcastic by the way, “Since when has that stopped you?” asks Baekhyun. Jongin laughs, saying ‘Touché.’

“Here...” Jongin grabs Baekhyun’s phone and types the architect’s phone number in it. “Just be you, Baekhyunnie. I can tell that he really likes you...” he deadpans. The elder is giving him a dreamy look. “Not that way, !” he slaps the elder on the head. But then he stops to think for a while. “Remember that guy from high school?” Baekhyun shakes his head. “The one you turned gay?”

“I did not!” exclaims the elder, blushing.

Jongin, though, nods. “Yeah, you did. That can happen to the architect as well. I fear your powers, Baekhyun-ah.” says Jongin while closing the book that has been giving him a migraine.

“Oh, shut up! That guy was gay already. The fact that everyone knew who I was made me a target for him.” says Baekhyun while playing with his nails, eyebrows raised.

Jongin shrugs, he really didn’t know that. Jongin can’t tell if a guy is gay or not. “Anyway, Kyungsoo is like that too.”

Baekhyun frowns. “Gay?”

Jongin deadpans. “No! He is like Chanyeol. He is also very weird and always angry. I’ve only spent time with him for what... three days?” the elder shrugs. It’s been a while since they last saw Kyungsoo. Baekhyun knows that Chanyeol still keeps in touch with him every day. 

He is always hearing Chanyeol laughing whenever he gets late from work or school. But Baekhyun doesn’t want to interrupt his roommate’s phone calls, so he just goes to sleep. It makes him a bit jealous. Knowing that Kyungsoo is the only one that can make Chanyeol smile and laugh like that. Baekhyun wants to be the reason for that laughter, too.

“I try to send Kyungsoo funny texts. He is actually replying. We even talk on the phone, though it is me always calling.”

Baekhyun raises a teasing brow, grin growing larger. “Aren’t you something, Jongin.” the younger shrugs, feeling somewhat fluster. “Aigoo, that is nice, I guess. Should I send Chanyeol a text?”

Jongin frowns. “We are studying!” he says, shoving the books in front of Baekhyun’s face.

The elder tries to get rid of the books, placing them all on the table. “Ehh, then why are you texting Kyungsoo!” and again they engage into a small talk fight. “Just go and do your stuff. I have a lot of homework.”

 

There isn’t a single sound and the apartment is actually chilly. Chanyeol is just sitting on the couch, starting at the TV that is currently on mute. The architect wanted to test how lonely the apartment sounds without the noise coming from the TV. He just proved his point right.

He sighs as he changes channels.

His phone vibrates causing him to jolt on his spot. He picks it up from the coffee table and frowns. It’s an unknown number, and it is a message.

Unknown:

Roommate, what are you doing? I am bored. Yeol, I have too much homework and I am very hungry (;﹏;) But, guess what? I am not working today! I will be home in about two hours. Are you excited? How much are you missing me?

Chanyeol chuckles to himself as he saves the number under Baek.

To: Baek

Well, roommate, I am bored as well. The apartment feels somewhat lonely. I am hungry too. What are you craving? Cool, I guess we can watch movies when you get back? I can help you with your homework, especially if it’s math. Not much writing. I am good with puzzles, but that’s about it. Miss you.... without you the apartment is dead.

He presses send and sighs. – Who gave him my number? He wonders, feeling his phone vibrating again. “He is fast...” Chanyeol muses.

From: Baek

Does that mean that you miss me? I kind of want to eat ramen? No, I want chicken... Aigoo, I don’t know what I want! (-̩̩̩-̩̩̩-̩̩̩-̩̩̩-̩̩̩___-̩̩̩-̩̩̩-̩̩̩-̩̩̩-̩̩̩)

But I do want to watch movies with you. I don’t like math, I hate math. Well, I gave Jongin money to by chicken, but he has to do my homework now. Jongin does anything for food.

The architect laughs, interrupting the silence from the apartment.

To: Baek

I do miss you, Baekhyun. I hope you know that what you are doing with Jongin is taking advantage. Too bad I can always help my roommate. Then I guess I will be seeing you in a couple of hours.

Baekhyun can’t help but smile like a sick in love teenage girl. Jongin arrives with a bowl of fried chicken, giving his best friend a grossed look. “Do I even want to know?” he asks while taking a sit on his spot once again, making sure that his precious chicken doesn’t fall to the ground.

“I am texting my roommate... he says that he misses me.” Baekhyun says with an ear to ear smile. “Give me.”

Jongin removes the bowl away from his best friend with a small glare. “Ah-ah...” he clicks his tongue. “You gave me money in exchange of your homework. This is all mine.” he grins, eyes fixed on the fried food.

Baekhyun pouts, shoving the younger the packet of unfinished homework. “Then all of this is yours too!”

 

Chanyeol is too busy going over the contents inside the fridge. His roommate had texted him telling him how hungry he is. The architect has a mission.

Honestly speaking, Chanyeol is growing protective of the younger. The last time they went out someone almost run over the 22 year old man. The architect was angry and very scared. That was the first time that Baekhyun saw how scared Chanyeol looked. Since then, Chanyeol noticed how small and fragile Baekhyun really is compared to him. But that doesn’t stop Baekhyun from coming up with smarty remarks. He even made fun of Chanyeol’s ears, but the latter didn’t take it to heart. Not after witnessing the teasing smile on the younger. “Chicken or ramen? He questions, noticing that they don’t have any ramen left.

That’s the thing Baekhyun eats when he is hungry. Chanyeol wants to cook, but he is either asleep or Baekhyun is in a hurry to leave to work or school. “Chicken with fried rice...” Chanyeol decides.

Baekhyun needs to eat differently from time to time. It’s not healthy to only consume the same thing over and over again.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter