Forty

Need a Roommate?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Enjoy!

“Hongdae?” Mr. Park raised a brow at his men as he turned around on his chair. The three men in black nodded in unison. “And this is his roommate?” Mr. Park stared at the many photos of a young man and then at a photo of a café shop. “You said that my son works here?”

“Yes,” The man in the middle answered with a curt nod of his head.

A tired sigh escaped Mr. Park’s lips as he run a hand through his face. His frown deepened the longer he stared at the photos. Baffled as to why Chanyeol is working at a café shop when he has a Corporation to run. “Follow him,” He said. “I want to know why he is there and what exactly he is doing. Anything about that kid as well. I need to know who my son is associating himself with.”

The three men bowed their heads in understand before exiting the office. Mr. Park then grabbed a photo of Chanyeol’s roommate and stared at the man in curiosity. “Why is my son staying with you?” He knows most of Chanyeol’s friends.

However, he doesn’t recall ever seeing that young man before.

And Mr. Park never forgets a face. 

There is an unsettling feeling at the pit of Mr. Park’s stomach. He doesn’t remember when was the last time he saw Chanyeol smiling so much. All of the photos in front of him revealed a smiling Chanyeol and it upsets him. Sighing, Mr. Park places the photos down as he then unlocks one of the drawers on his desk.

He spots a portrait hiding underneath some documents, and finds himself staring at it with a distant gaze. A nostalgic smile then formed on his face as he turned the portrait over. It’s Chanyeol – smiling.

Maybe he does remember when was the last time he saw Chanyeol smiling that way. And – quite frankly – it makes him angry. The wave of guilt suddenly invading the pit of his stomach makes him regretful of everything.

That photo had been taken exactly nineteen years ago. Chanyeol was only ten at the time, but Mr. Park remembers that day as if it had just happened a few days ago. He vividly remembers Chanyeol’s bouncy cheeks reaching all the way to his ears into a big smile.

They were going fishing.

Mr. Park had always known of Chanyeol’s desires of going fishing with him and his grandfather. However, Mr. Park’s job at the time prevented him from doing so. Mr. Park had to work and would often arrive home late. The times he would go fishing with his father where the times Chanyeol would hang out with Kyungsoo at the younger’s house – until one Saturday morning.

Mr. Park had woken Chanyeol up early in the morning and driven him to the lake with his grandfather. They were happy.

However, their return back home was a complete different story. Mr. Park had wanted to at least feel angry, but numbness was all he felt at the time. Catching his beautiful wife in the arms of another man should have hurt him. If only he hadn’t known about such affair.

It made him a bitter man. Instead, he became nonchalant about his wife’s choices and infidelity.

Mr. Park didn’t want to know.

He didn’t want to see anything.

However, he did over and over again.

And there wasn’t much he could do other than to it all up. His growing status at the time allowed him little to no scandals at all. He was barely rising to the top. It would have ruined him completely.

As a result, Mr. Park grew to live with his wife’s infidelity. But the years passed and a bigger blow hit him straight in the guts. Knowing was something that he couldn’t seem to live with anymore. Finding out that his wife had been cheating on him from the very beginning changed him for the worse.

It embittered him.

But Mr. Park loved his wife. He couldn’t leave her and he couldn’t allow the media to destroy her. He just couldn’t even though she had destroyed him completely. Mr. Park refused to acknowledge the fact that he was used by his wife.

He had nothing and then he had it all.

He has it all now but his son.

It’s tiring as it is angering. He’d lost so many years blaming the only person in his life who truly loves him. He became indifferent and nonchalant to Chanyeol, whom, up until now, is oblivious to everything. 

“Have you not found him yet?” Mr. Park quickly composed himself as he placed all of the photos back inside the yellow folder.

He then looked up at his impatiently awaiting wife. “I did,” He stated with a tired sigh. He can’t help but to admired Mrs. Park’s beauty. She is as beautiful as ever. If only that beauty reflected the same person inside of her.

“Well, at last, that is wonderful!” She chirped in nothing but pure sarcasm – something that irked Mr. Park. He hates the roll of her eyes or the way that she plays with her hair as if she is a teenager. “You need to talk to him,” Mrs. Park scoffed, annoyed by the fact that they had to actually spent time and money searching for Chanyeol.

“Aigoo, just bring the damn boy back here and secure his position as the CEO.”

Mr. Park snorted silently while rubbing his aching temples. Who else would inherit his position as the CEO once he steps out if not Chanyeol? The position is already secured. Chanyeol was the CEO and he will continue to be.

“He is leaving with me after that,” Mr. Park frowned at her words. “Oh, and hurry up with the damn documents for our divorce.” Mr. Park had wanted to block all that came out of his wife’s mouth but couldn’t.

Mrs. Park always knows what to say to spark his interest – wanted or not.

“He is not going anywhere with you,” He said with a glare – truly hating the idea of Chanyeol leaving for good.

Mrs. Park laughed at the glare. “Oh, but I am his mother after all.”

“Are you really?” Mrs. Park pierced her lips shut as an angry frown formed on her face. “You haven’t done anything but to ignore him for the past twenty-nine years.”

“Blood is thicker than water. I am pretty sure that you know what I mean by that.” Mrs. Park grinned, feeling slightly accomplished upon witnessing the hurt present in her husband’s eyes.

 

 

Baekhyun had woken up smiling like a complete idiot. He’d roll on his bed from one side to the other until he grew tired of doing so. Heck, Baekhyun still can’t believe what is happening to him. But what exactly is happening to him?

When did things changed between him and Chanyeol?

Baekhyun does not understand anything at all. And he doesn’t have the courage to ask for an explanation. He isn’t even sure if he will be able to stare at Chanyeol in the eyes without turning beet red.

Baekhyun’s guy problems were simple – there were no guys.

However, there is a handsome, y and very tall man present in his life now.  That very same man happens to be his roommate and the very same one he happens to be in love with. “I might be getting way ahead of myself. Chanyeol must be teasing me now that he knows what I am.” After all, Chanyeol never confirmed him anything.

“How am I supposed to act around him now?” Baekhyun thought as he stared at himself on the mirror. The confusion is slowly but surely driving him nuts. To say that he had a -night sleep would be a total understatement. The look that he is currently sporting screams just exactly how he is feeling – like .

“I probably smell like it as well,” He mumbled tiredly before grabbing a towel that was spread over a chair.

Maybe it was the miracle that Baekhyun had been hoping and waiting for. “Ah!” The thought of it alone has him swinging the towel from one side to the other, tittering. He is acting way out of character – according to him.

Like a teenage girl madly in love, but who can really blame him.

Baekhyun is madly in love with his roommate and now the latter might even like him back. “Aigoo, does he?” Shaking his head, Baekhyun made his way into the bathroom. “I am getting such a headache!” He hissed as he closed the door behind him.

“Need a pill?” Baekhyun jumped out of his skin as he lifted his face to stare at Chanyeol. He stared at the architect with wide eyes before gasping in mere surprise, towel dropping lifelessly unto the floor. – No shirt!

Baekhyun swallowed hard as he lower his gaze. “Good morning, Chanyeol,” The architect said with a low chuckle, noticing the frozen state of the younger. “I had a good night sleep, Baek.” The younger raised a brow as he looked up again. “Thanks for asking.” Chanyeol grinned at the stunned boy in front of him. 

“Ah!” Baekhyun blushed at the way that Chanyeol grinned at him. “Good morning, Chanyeol!” The architect chuckled with a nod, washing his teeth afterwards.

“Ommo!” Baekhyun suddenly shouted, realizing that they are in the bathroom and that Chanyeol is shirtless and that he is totally invading Chanyeol’s privacy. “I-I should l-let you – Bye!”

However, Baekhyun’s eyes widen when Chanyeol stopped him. “Why so fast?” Chanyeol asked as he picked the towel from the floor, placing it over Baekhyun’s shoulder. “Well, good morning, Baek.”

He gently ruffled Baekhyun’s hair before opening the faucet once again. He then grabbed Baekhyun’s toothbrush, spread some toothpaste over it and passed it over to the younger. “Here you go,” Baekhyun felt his face heating up as he grabbed his toothbrush from Chanyeol’s hand.

“Thanks,” Baekhyun side glanced at the architect who just stared at him. Inevitably, Baekhyun grew nervous under the architect’s gaze and couldn’t help but fidget on his spot. He quickly brushed his teeth and washed his face, making a robotic turn to make an escape, but Chanyeol quickly grabbed the end of the towel, stopping him once again.

“Why are you,” Chanyeol laughed loudly, “Come here,” He heard Baekhyun gasping lowly as he pulled him closer to him. He then saw Baekhyun blinking cutely and smiled. “You still have some toothpaste on you. Let me –”

And Baekhyun completely panicked. “I-I can do it!” He said as he took a few steps back. Baekhyun aggressively wiped one side of his cheeks, saying, “There!”

However, Baekhyun ended up pouting and frowning when Chanyeol burst into laughter seconds later. The architect had an amused and handsome grin on his face as he shook his head. “Baek,” He stepped closer to Baekhyun. “Wrong side,” Baekhyun didn’t have the time to register anything when Chanyeol’s long finger caressed his left cheek close to his lips, gently erasing any trace of toothpaste.

And that’s when everything stopped for Baekhyun.

All Baekhyun could hear was the crazy buzzing of his heartbeat, ringing loudly inside of his ears. When Chanyeol looked up, he found Baekhyun frozen on his spot, mouth slightly ajar and eyes wide opened. Taken aback for a split second, Chanyeol then found himself shyly chuckling, snapping Baekhyun out of his trance. 

Chanyeol stared at his finger and completely took Baekhyun by surprise when he inserted his finger inside his mouth. Baekhyun’s eyes grew even larger as he gasped loudly. “T-That was –” So hot! Baekhyun wanted to say. “Dirty,” But he quickly got rid of the unholy thought.

“Baek,” The tone and look that Chanyeol send Baekhyun had him feeling suddenly very nervous and self-conscious. Baekhyun has a feeling of what Chanyeol wanted to say. However, he is yet not ready to talk about anything. “We need to talk,” But it seems like Chanyeol is.

“Do we?” Baekhyun nervously asked as he played with the towel in his hands.

“We do,” Chanyeol stated. “About the kiss –”

“Ah! Not –” Baekhyun is not ready. He feels his cheeks heating up in nothing but shyness. He is still trying to process the fact that C

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter