Nine

Need a Roommate?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Enjoy!

 

Chanyeol is freaking out at the moment. He is afraid of going out in public and someone recognizing him. That would be the end of his roommate adventure, which so far everything is going on smoothly. The architect finds Baekhyun very refreshing. As for Baekhyun, he didn’t fail to notice the way Chanyeol fidget on his seat. Walking wasn’t an option for them at the moment. Instead, they ended up taking a taxi. “We are here!” Baekhyun says as he steps out of the vehicle in a jump.

The architect looks around before stepping out of the car as well. “Here you go...” Baekhyun takes out 8000 won, and passes it over to the taxi driver. “Thank you, ajusshi!” says Baekhyun, waving bye at the taxi driver in an overly excited manner.

“I could have paid that.” Chanyeol says as he dusts his jeans with his hands. Baekhyun tilts his head to the side, blinking for a couple of times. He can tell that Chanyeol doesn’t look at all like in the magazines. The architect looks very young and handsome. But there is an aura surrounding Chanyeol that screams, “I am an important person.” the younger thinks that Chanyeol should just relax a little.

Baekhyun stares blankly at the elder before smiling. “You can pay our way back. How about that?” sounds fair, so the architect nods in defeat.

The architect can’t help but feel his stomach tighten. The market is surrounded by an overwhelming amount of people. Some of them stop to stare at them. It isn’t a surprise at all to see girls giggling while staring at the tall handsome man, a.k.a Chanyeol.

Baekhyun feels irritated.

But instead of feeling flattered, Chanyeol is freaking out. “W-what are you doing?” the architect asks the moment he feels something resting on his head.

Baekhyun found the way Chanyeol flinch cute and dorky. He laughs a little, a slight frown forms on his forehead, but he doesn’t stop what he is doing. “Maybe this will help keep you calm?” he says, bringing his heels back down since he was tip-toing to reach Chanyeol’s head. The architect chuckles as he stares at himself in the mirror, catching Baekhyun’s act of tip-toing. –Baekhyun really is short. He thinks, still chuckling to himself. “Better?”

The elder nods as he laughs. “This one is actually cool...” he keeps on staring at the leather cap that Baekhyun had placed on his head. The younger nods in agreement, for as he totally agrees. It gives Chanyeol a younger look, which said man really loves.

Some of the girls that were staring before are in total awe with the scene before their eyes. Chanyeol is oblivious to what the girls are giggling about, but Baekhyun isn’t and that brings a blush to his face. “O-ok...” he quickly averts his gaze away from the elder, who stares back in confusion. “What do you like?” the younger asks.

Chanyeol hums as if thinking. He follows Baekhyun and both grab a cart. The architect knows what he likes but his mind is blank at the moment. “I... actually, I like a lot of things.” Baekhyun deadpans. The younger also likes a lot of things but that is not answering his question. And Chanyeol is having a hard time trying to see what to buy. He never really had to when growing up. The simple task of buying food is actually a challenge to him, especially when there are a lot of things to choose from.

Baekhyun eyes him rather curious for a couple of seconds, concluding that Chanyeol has indeed never shop before. “No way!” startled, Chanyeol turns to look at him, eyes wide opened. “You had never shop before?” the elder’s cheeks grow hot. Chanyeol never blushes. That feeling of hot cheeks makes him uncomfortable.

The architect shakes his head, denying it with furrow brows. It brings a chuckle out of Baekhyun’s lips. “I mean...” the elder starts. “I never had the time to do so.” Baekhyun laughs, as if teasing the elder which he is doing. Chanyeol’s eyes narrow even deeper. “What’s so funny?” he asks, feeling rather offended.

Baekhyun wipes a tear out of the corner of his eyes as he shakes his head. “Come...” the elder stares at Baekhyun’s hand grabbing his. They are so soft and delicate looking. He looks at the younger, who is dragging him along, and then at their link hands. It can be said that Baekhyun is taking advantage, but that he won’t admit. Male-male skin-ship is very common in South Korea. “Let’s get the basics first.” says Baekhyun while letting go of Chanyeol’s hand. The elder clears his throat in embarrassment. He doesn’t even know what the basics are. The younger finds himself rolling his eyes, shaking his head right after. “Rich kids...” he murmurs under his breath.

Chanyeol’s lips form into slight pout that doesn’t go unnoticed by the younger. Baekhyun feels his heart skip a beat at the adorable sight. He quickly turns his attention to the shelves holding some eggs. “I am not rich.” comes Chanyeol’s deep voice. “The ones with the money are my parents. I don’t know if you had noticed but I am broke.” Baekhyun frowns, still looking at the eggs instead of Chanyeol. “I actually need a job. The money that I had saved won’t last me forever. Using my credit cards is not an option. My parents will know where I am if I do so.” he bits his lips rather harsh, as if trying so hard to shut his mouth.  Everything came out as word vomit and he couldn’t stop. Chanyeol doesn’t want to go into much details of his life with a stranger. It doesn’t matter that they are roommates. Chanyeol just doesn’t want to do that. It is a weak side of him that he doesn’t want to show to anyone. That is so not him. It’s just that these types of things are his weakness. Just like Kyungsoo, Chanyeol is a ticking bomb of emotions that will burst out any minute. “My black card is just a black card at the moment.” he jokes to brighten himself.

Baekhyun turns to look at him. That unwelcome feeling of sadness is present once again. It hasn’t been much but Baekhyun wants to know more about the elder. “Don’t worry...” Baekhyun tries to make the atmosphere playful again. “I will teach you!” he smiles brightly at the elder. Though his face has a smile, for some odd reason his heart hurts. Baekhyun pities the elder and he doesn’t know why. Chanyeol is a confident man and a sad individual the next second. “It really isn’t rocket science.” he chuckles, earning a laugh from Chanyeol.

“Then, we search for the basics first?” Chanyeol asks to which Baekhyun nods with a smile.

“What do you usually have for breakfast?”

The architect tilts his head to the side, grinning a little. “Fried eggs with hazelnuts, chanterelles, garlic and blackberries.” Baekhyun’s jaw drops all the way to the floor. “That is usually on Sundays.” the younger feels his head spinning, an uncomfortable smile appears on his lips. “I have crepes, blackberry mint scones, ricotta and honey sandwiches. I don’t know... I guess the usual.” he looks at Baekhyun who is on the floor rubbing his aching temples.

 –why do I live like a peasant? Baekhyun thinks to himself.

“Any Korean b-breakfast?” asks the younger, feeling rather intimidated at the moment. Chanyeol shakes his head. He usually eats breakfast differently. Baekhyun can only now understand why the fancy breakfast in the morning. “I don’t even know what 99% of things you said are.” he admits with a pout. The architect can only stare at him with an innocent look. He doesn’t know that he is making the younger uncomfortable. “Let’s just-“

“I can make them for you.” Baekhyun is cut off. “I know how to do them because I would stare at our cook, Minseok. He is really good at cooking foreign foods. That is why my mother hired him.” he says while grabbing some nuts from a shell. “I can make them for you. That is if you want me to.”

Baekhyun’s eyes are growing larger by the second. “Really?!” Again, Chanyeol finds himself blushing. He wonders why Baekhyun looks at him like a hero. “My mother is beast when cooking.” he shakes his head, eyes narrowing. He doesn’t like how that sounded, and Chanyeol can only laugh a little. “I meant that my mother is a great cook, but I had never eaten like a king before!”

The architect frowns, “I am not a king...” he says while rubbing the back of his head with his hand.

Baekhyun deadpans before asking, “Aren’t the things expensive?” to which Chanyeol shakes his head.

That is the beauty of cooking. Ingredients vary from one another. Buying the original ingredient might be expensive. That is why there are always substitutes. Chanyeol learned that from Minseok. The cook w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter