A Dance to Remember

Need a Roommate?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Enjoy!

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

 

Baekhyun sulked in the corner as he thought about his three-week relationship with Chanyeol while staring at Junmyeon and Yixing’s lovely interactions with one another. It’s been three weeks and Baekhyun is yet to receive another kiss from the architect. And then there is Yixing and Junmyeon hugging and kissing each other every five damn minutes. – Aish!Baekhyun sighed as he let his body rolled lifelessly on the couch. There is nothing romantic about his relationship with Chanyeol. – It’s like we are only friends. Baekhyun glanced up from the couch and saw Yixing back hugging Junmyeon.

 

“Are all couples supposed to be like them?” Baekhyun asked himself and sighed once again. There are many sides to Yixing and Junmyeon’s couple. They hug, kiss and play with each other all of the time. There are times where Junmyeon is a bit more serious but then Yixing comes along and the ex-secretary changes completely. However, Baekhyun and Chanyeol haven’t done any of those things, except for the few times Chanyeol had brushed hands with Baekhyun’s while watching TV. Then they become two awkward sacks of bones.

 

“Okay,” Junmyeon placed the remote on his lap and then pried Yixing off of him. “You’ve been glaring at us for a while now,” Baekhyun sulked as he sat straight on the couch. “What’s wrong?”

 

“No, I haven’t.” Baekhyun played cool by staring uninterested at the TV in front of him. He cursed Jongin, Chanyeol and Taemin for taking their sweet time arriving to Junmyeon’s apartment for their movie night. Baekhyun was bored at home all by himself while Chanyeol worked, so he decided to head over to Junmyeon’s apartment an hour earlier. The regret.

 

“You have.” Yixing stated. He had ignored the younger’s small glares because he was too busy with Junmyeon.

 

“Was not!” Baekhyun huffed. – When will Chanyeol and Jongin get here? Baekhyun cursed under his breath – blushing for being caught red handed.

 

Junmyeon raised a brow and then shrugged. “Whatever you say.” Baekhyun frowned at the way that Junmyeon snuggled closer to Yixing’s side, smiling sweetly at the dance instructor.

 

Baekhyun grabbed a pillow and scoffed loudly enough for the couple to hear him. “Must you two be so affectionate all of the time?” Baekhyun spat before he could even control his tongue. Even Jongin and Kyungsoo act all avid around each other which leaves Baekhyun feeling confused and insecure.

 

He heard Junmyeon chuckling making him sulk on his spot. “Hey, don’t judge us. You must be the same with Chanyeol.” Yixing said as he engulfed Junmyeon tighter in his arms.

 

However, both Junmyeon and Yixing frowned upon noticing the way that Baekhyun pouted while staring at his lap. “You two aren’t?” Junmyeon asked – somewhat perplexed by it. Junmyeon’s eyes widen when Baekhyun didn’t answered his question. “Have you two even kissed?!”

 

“Aish!” Baekhyun blushed. “It’s been three weeks, Junmyeon. It’s not like we’ve been dating for years.” Baekhyun glowered at the elder and then stared back at his lap.

 

He doesn’t understand what Junmyeon is freaking out about. Every couple is different, or at least that is what Baekhyun wants to believe. “Not even a kiss goodnight?” Baekhyun glanced at Yixing shaking his head from one side to the other. “What have you guys done?”

A small smile appeared in Baekhyun’s face as he thought about it. He’s been liking being woken up by Chanyeol in the mornings. He also loves it when the two of them brush their teeth together, or when Chanyeol cooks for him. Baekhyun especially loves it when Chanyeol gets back from work, or when they watch movies till late at night. They’ve managed to stay up late at night before going to their respective rooms. Baekhyun had meant to ask Chanyeol if he could spend the night with him, but always felt too shy to actually say it out loud. So, all in all, they haven’t really done anything. “Whatever,” Baekhyun shied away from the elders’ stares. “I’m going to go grab something to drink. Want anything?”

 

“No.” Baekhyun got up from the couch without saying anything else. He noticed Junmyeon following him quietly all the way to the kitchen. “So,” Baekhyun stop by the cabinets once in the kitchen. “You two haven’t really don’t anything at all?” Baekhyun hated how scandalize Junmyeon appeared to be over his relationship with Chanyeol. As if there is something that Junmyeon knows about Chanyeol that Baekhyun does not know yet. – Is there something I should know?Baekhyun thought.

 

“Why are you so surprised?” Baekhyun asked. He tip-toed to grab a glass from the cabinet and then faced Junmyeon. “What is this?” Baekhyun frown at a jar filled with red liquid placed on top of the counter.

 

Junmyeon glanced at the jar, shrugging. “It’s red wine.” Junmyeon said.

 

Baekhyun made a face as he poured himself some of it in his glass. “Why is it in a jar?” He asked as he smell it, making a face afterwards.

 

He heard Junmyeon chuckling to himself and frowned. As for Junmyeon, he chuckled to himself thinking about the ridiculous reason behind why he likes to pour his wine in jars. “I won’t feel much of an alcoholic if I pour the wine in glass jars.”

 

Baekhyun placed the edge of the glass on his lips and took a small sip of the red wine. He made a momentary face before . “It’s actually very good,” Junmyeon smiled. “You do know that this is what alcoholics do, right?” Junmyeon found himself nodding while laughing wholeheartedly.

 

“Enough about the wine,” Yixing joined them in the kitchen. “You shouldn’t be drinking wine in the first place when you are such a lightweight.” Yixing scolded Baekhyun while wrapping his arms around Junmyeon’s waist.

 

“It’s just one glass of wine.” Baekhyun retorted and then sent the elders a puppy look. “Just one glass, okay? Okay, please, just one glass~”

 

Yixing frowned and chuckled the next second in defeat. “Oy!” Junmyeon slapped Yixing’s shoulder. “You give in to him so easily!” Yixing sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck, shrugging. “You will only be able to have that glass of wine if you tell us what you’ve been doing with Chanyeol.”

 

Junmyeon said to Baekhyun making the younger scoff in his spot with the glass of wine resting in between his hands. “That’s not fair!”

 

Baekhyun wanted to slap the teasing look out of Junmyeon’s face. “You know, baby,” Junmyeon faced Yixing who’d raised a brow back at him. “This wine would go so well with some cheese and –”

 

“Ugh, fine!” Baekhyun sighed in defeat. He tried not to blush as much as possible but suddenly felt shy talking about his personal life with Yixing – who’s been like a father to him for so long. However, he doesn’t feel that way with Junmyeon despite knowing him for such a short period of time. It’s the fatherly vibe that Baekhyun feels around Yixing that makes him shy. It’s like if he were talking to his own father about his business with Chanyeol – despite not having much to talk about. “We don’t kiss each other and we don’t act like you two do.”

 

Junmyeon frowned. “Like us?” He asked Baekhyun who nodded.

 

“Mmm,” Baekhyun faced the floor. “Like cuddling. Me snuggling next to him whenever we watch a movie, or like how you two always find time to play with each other. Hold hands and sleep in the same room.”

 

“Really?!” Junmyeon gasped incredulously making Baekhyun puff his cheek. The two grownups then gasped as they watch Baekhyun chug another glass of wine in one big gulp.

 

“Why are you so surprised?!” Baekhyun blushed furiously.

 

Junmyeon quickly removed himself from Yixing’s embrace and walked closer to Baekhyun. “It’s nothing. I just think that it’s a bit weird but there is nothing to worry about.” Baekhyun found himself glaring at the elder.

 

“Why is it weird?” Baekhyun scoffed. “You can’t say that and then tell me that everything is okay because it is not.”

 

Yixing noticed the panicking state in Baekhyun and intertwined. “Look,” He made Baekhyun face him. “You guys are barely starting and every couple is different.”

 

“How long did it take you two to be like that?” Baekhyun pointed at their current position with Yixing resting his chin on Junmyeon’s shoulder.

 

Junmyeon thought about it and was the first one to answer. However, his response was of no help to Baekhyun given that it had only taken the couple a week to be comfortable around each other. Then again, Baekhyun is comfortable around Chanyeol. He is just scared and confused. “Yixing is right, Baekhyun. You guys are barely starting.”

 

Baekhyun couldn’t help but feel insecure and poured himself another glass of wine. “No!” He gulped the wine in a gulp allowing Yixing or Junmyeon no time to react. “What if he is not comfortable with the whole dating a man idea? What if he is regretting his decision? He is straight for god sakes! I knew that this was too good to be true.”

 

Yixing heavily sighed as he walked up to Baekhyun. He grabbed the jar of wine and placed it somewhere high for Baekhyun not to reach. “Baekhyun,” He called the younger’s name and tried to get a hold of the glass of wine, but Baekhyun was fast to pry his hand away from Yixing.

 

“Hyung!” Baekhyun faced the elder and that’s when Yixing noticed the flushed look on his face. “I don’t think that I should be dating Chanyeol. Everything happened too fast. Chanyeol probably didn’t even think about it thoroughly. I should break up with him.”

 

“You had way too much wine, Baekhyun.” Yixing successfully grabbed the wine from Baekhyun’s hand.

 

“I should end it before it’s too late. I just… don’t want to. I really like him. I never thought that I was going to like someone like this.” Baekhyun sobbed tiredly.

 

He felt arms wrapping him and saw Junmyeon. “No one is going to break up with anyone.” There were small tears formed in the corner of Baekhyun’s eyes and Junmyeon found himself hating them. “Sweetie!” He rubbed a soothing hand over Baekhyun’s back. “Stop being so negative.”

 

“But what if he really doesn’t like me?” Baekhyun’s voice broke as he faced Junmyeon – allowing the small tears to roll down his cheeks. Yixing pulled his boyfriend from Baekhyun’s embrace whispering in his ears how drunk Baekhyun had gotten.

 

“That’s because he chugged two glasses of wine.” Junmyeon said to Yixing.

 

“Hyung,” Junmyeon glanced at Baekhyun. “I really like him. I really, really like Chanyeol.” Both Junmyeon and Yixing stared at each other worriedly before facing the younger once again. “But… he is probably searching for a way out.”

 

“Okay,” Junmyeon sighed. Junmyeon had worked with Chanyeol for many years – years in which he’d got to know Chanyeol from head to toe. And he knows that Chanyeol would never play with someone’s feelings. “You need to stop. Chanyeol does like you. Do you seriously think that he would have made you his boyfriend if he didn’t really like you?” Baekhyun lowered his head. “I know him enough to know that he would never hurt you. That he is been honest with his feelings.”

 

“But he has a history, Junmyeon. Why would you say then that you find it weird?” Baekhyun continued to whine. “He’s only dated girls and he is a straight man! He shouldn’t even be dating me! W-Why is the floor moving?”

 

Yixing scoffed annoyingly while dragging Baekhyun back into the living room. “You need to sit down and calm the hell down. Chanyeol will be here in a bit and we need you to stop freaking out. The dude is head over heels for you, okay! There is nothing wrong with taking it slow. I just happened to not be able to control how Junmyeon was when we first started dating, and ended up taking things faster than most people.”

 

“Hey!” Junmyeon slapped Yixing on his head and glared at him.

 

They failed to noticed the frowny look forming on Baekhyun’s face. “?” Baekhyun asked, dumbfounded. Yixing mentally cursed himself for implanting another thing in Baekhyun’s head to pointlessly worry about. “!”

 

“Let’s just forget about that.” Junmyeon rolled his eyes at Yixing who shrugged apologetically.

 

“Oh, god!” Baekhyun panicked. “I didn’t even think about that till now!”

 

“Baekhyun you have to breathe.” Junmyeon said but then the three men were interrupted by the sound of the door being opened.

 

“We are here es!” They saw Jongin entering the apartment followed by Chanyeol and Taemin. “What are you guys doing?” Jongin asked when he saw the two grownups in front of Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun tensed up when he spotted Chanyeol closing the door behind him with one hand while the other hand held a bag with cokes. The two locked eyes momentarily before Baekhyun abruptly looked away, leaving Chanyeol frowning. “I need to use the bathroom!” Baekhyun excused himself and nearly tripped with the lamp table next to the couch if it wasn’t for Junmyeon –who was quick enough to hold him steady.

Once Baekhyun was gone, Junmyeon turned to the three worrying men. “Err, Baekhyun is a bit drunk in wine.”

 

“Wine?” Jongin laughed. “He’s never had wine. Hmm, maybe once but I don’t remember. Yah, why are two feeding him alcohol?”

 

“I didn’t!” Junmyeon exclaimed. “He just happened to find my jar of wine.”

 

“Huh, find it?” Jongin scoffed. “That’s because you have it in full display, hyung. I know where you put it.” Junmyeon scratched the back of his head sheepishly. “Anyway, let’s eat before the chicken gets cold. I also want to see the movie.” Jongin motioned Taemin to help him grab some plates from the kitchen. Chanyeol decided to stay behind and placed the boxes of chicken on top of the coffee table placed in the middle of the living room. Yixing excused himself to collect the pillows and blankets to use.

 

“Is something wrong with Baekhyun?” Chanyeol asked after a while.

 

He heard Junmyeon sighing and frowned. “He is freaking out, Chanyeol.” Junmyeon said.

 

“You seriously have no filter.” Yixing came out of the hallway leading to his and Junmyeon’s bedroom with blankets and pillows in his hands.

 

“Says you! Why did you have to say that about me in front of him when he was already freaking out?!” Chanyeol stared in between Junmyeon and Yixing.

 

Confused, Chanyeol decided to stepped in between them asking them what the hell was going on. Chanyeol had never witnessed them fighting over anything, which took him by surprised. “Baekhyun is worried that maybe you are regretting being with him.” Junmyeon said.

 

“Of dating him.” Yixing further explained.

 

Chanyeol looked taken aback and found himself laughing. However, the other two didn’t seemed to find it funny, and stared at him blankly. “Why? I mean, why did he even said that?”

 

Junmyeon shrugged. “He saw us two cuddling and kissing. I didn’t think that it was going to bother him that much. I mean, Yixing and I are always fooling around with each other all of the time. It had never bothered any of you.” Chanyeol nodded, for as he had never felt uncomfortable with the couple, and he knows that the others don’t feel that way either. “He asked us if we have to be like that all of the time.” Chanyeol frowned.

 

“You two don’t hug, cuddle or kiss each other?” Chanyeol faced Yixing and shake his head with a sigh.

 

The architect kept quiet for a while – staring at the hall where Baekhyun had disappeared into. It is true that he hasn’t kissed Baekhyun since that one last time. Chanyeol knows that they haven’t fully transitioned from friends to being an actual couple. And it is not as if he hasn’t really tried. He’d just found Baekhyun shying away every time, or found himself been interrupted every time he’d tried to be romantic with Baekhyun. Chuckling, Chanyeol smiled to himself as he remembered the many times he’d tried and failed. “It’s not funny!” Junmyeon glared at him.

 

“I’m not regretting anything.” Chanyeol looked annoyed. “I just thought that maybe he needed some time. Look, he’s always shying away every time I tried to get closer to him. I feel as if he restricting himself. I don’t want to pressure him into doing something that he is not yet ready to.” Yixing sighed somewhat in relief while Junmyeon rolled his eyes, scoffing.

 

“You guys are so weird.” Junmyeon said.

 

“Well, like I said before, not everyone is a little guy like you.” Yixing teased again.

 

The two of them faced Chanyeol who’d coughed awkwardly beside them. “Sorry,” Chanyeol said as he helped Yixing with the pillows by placing them on the floor.

 

Yixing got closer to him and frowned. “You haven’t thought about it, either.” Yixing stated.

 

“About w-what?” Chanyeol played dumb as he fixed some blankets on the floor.

 

“. with Byun Baekhyun.” Chanyeol’s eyes widen and his ears started to feel warm. Why was he suddenly feeling so shy when he’d always bragged about the beautiful women he would sleep around with? Which was one of the reasons for Junmyeon’s bewilderment upon hearing from Baekhyun that he’s yet to be romantic with the architect.

 

“Err, like I said,” Chanyeol collected himself. “He’s been shying away. I’m his first boyfriend, guys. I don’t think that he knows how it works yet.”

 

“Yeah, well, maybe you should teach him given how experienced you are in that department.” Chanyeol stared down at the floor covered in blankets beneath him, frowning at Junmyeon’s harsh words. Yixing nudge Junmyeon’s shoulder making him sigh. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to say that, Chanyeol.”

 

“It’s okay. I know I have my past.” Junmyeon suddenly felt bad for saying those things to Chanyeol. “But you should also know that I had never dated seriously before. I myself don’t know how to behave or act around him.”

 

“Hey,” Yixing patted him on the shoulder. “It’s okay, Chanyeol. You don’t have to pressure yourself. There aren’t any rules as to how to date. Your body and heart will do the work for you.” Chanyeol found himself nodding. “Now, go fetch your little freaking out/half drunken boyfriend from the bathroom. He’s been in there for a while now.”

 

Chanyeol simply nodded before walking away from the couple. He reached the bathroom and knocked twice. He then found Baekhyun opening the door and gasping upon noticing him. “H-Hi,” Baekhyun blushed at the way that Chanyeol smiled at him.

 

“Are you okay?” Chanyeol’s smile slowly disappeared and was replaced by a small frown. Baekhyun found himself nodding despite his insecurities. “I missed you a lot, Baek.”

 

“You did?” Baekhyun chirped. The hopeful glimpse in Baekhyun’s eyes had Chanyeol frowning deeper before bursting into a soft but loud chuckle.

 

“You have no idea how much I missed you.” The younger’s eyes widen the moment Chanyeol leaned in closer to him, grinning ily. “Can I kiss you?” Baekhyun searched around them and found no one near them. He faced Chanyeol and nodded his head shyly.

 

Baekhyun felt his whole body jumping in excitement the moment their lips touched if only for a split second. “Let’s go back to the living room. I’ve got a space for the two of us –” Chanyeol stopped midway, staring at Baekhyun’s hand wrapped around his wrist. “What is it, Baek?”

 

“Can you…” Baekhyun’s face flushed as he bit his bottom lip. “Can you kiss me again?” Chanyeol found himself mesmerized by the crimson color painting Baekhyun’s cheeks as the younger looked away from him. He placed his hands on Baekhyun’s shoulders and smiled. Baekhyun eyed him cautiously and in anticipation. He’d then closed his eyes in content when Chanyeol close the distance between them once again. Baekhyun melted in happiness – thinking how much he likes Chanyeol’s small pecks. However, he wasn’t expecting for Chanyeol to deepened their kiss. Baekhyun felt Chanyeol’s hands traveling from his shoulders down to his hips, pressing him against the closed door behind him. – I need to control myself! Chanyeol thought to himself but couldn’t find the will in him to stop. Not when he’s been wanting to be this close with Baekhyun.

 

The sudden contact against the door and Chanyeol’s hands grasping Baekhyun’s hips sent pleasing sensations all over Baekhyun’s body. The younger couldn’t help the small mewls coming out of his mouth as they kissed. Baekhyun felt his legs shaking slightly and gripped Chanyeol’s shirt while Chanyeol continued to kiss him. It was when Baekhyun moaned softly against Chanyeol’s lips that the architect opened his eyes – noticing the way the younger looked beneath him – trapped between his arms and the door behind him. “Ready?” Chanyeol cleared his throat as he let go of Baekhyun’s hips.

 

Baekhyun opened his dazed eyes and blinked. He his swollen bottom lip and nodded shyly. “Yes,” He managed to find his voice.

 

Junmyeon was the first one to see them walking hand in hand and nearly jumped in excitement. Jongin and Taemin stuffed their mouths with chicken and got scolded by Yixing for not waiting. Chanyeol then sat on the floor and motioned Baekhyun to sit next to him. The younger nodded and did as was told – still blushing. “Come closer,” Baekhyun couldn’t stop thinking about their kiss and pouted. “You are sulking.” Chanyeol grinned making Baekhyun sit up straight next to him wide eyed. “You like this?” Baekhyun nodded his head without glancing at Chanyeol.

 

“Eng,” Baekhyun hummed rather cutely.

 

“What about this?” Baekhyun glanced at Chanyeol’s hand that intertwined with his and then back at the architect.

 

“What are you doing?” Baekhyun blushed at the way that Chanyeol smiled at him.

 

“Have I told you how much I like your hands?” Baekhyun scoffed as he shook his head. “Well, I do. You have very pretty hands.”

 

Baekhyun wanted to act cool but he didn’t quite understand what was going on. He was freaking out a while ago but now he was confused. Is he dreaming? Maybe he passed out drunk and is having a very nice dream with the architect. Baekhyun pinched the side of his thigh and found himself yelping in pain. – It’s not a dream! “You have no idea of what you do to me every time you sulk like that.” Chanyeol whispered into Baekhyun’s ear making the younger gulp.

 

“I chose Annabelle!” Baekhyun mentally thanked Jongin for interrupting whatever it was that was going on between him and Chanyeol. “I don’t want to see any romantic ! I have enough with them already!” Jongin pointed at Chanyeol and Baekhyun causing Junmyeon and Yixing to smiled in their spots and Baekhyun to blush furiously. “I don’t have Kyungie with me, either!” Jongin stuffed his mouth with more chicken – huffing for not being able to see Kyungsoo.

 

The six young men decided to call it a night after three movies. Baekhyun had spent the entire three movies snuggled next to Chanyeol. Jongin and Taemin had fallen asleep next to the table with chicken drums still in their hands. Junmyeon and Yixing offered them to stay the night over, but only Jongin and Taemin agreed to. “See,” Junmyeon wrapped his arm around Baekhyun. “You were freaking out over nothing. I saw the way the two of you cuddled today.” Baekhyun placed the dirty plates on the sink and smiled to himself.

 

He had such a wonderful time and can’t help but feel sad that it’s over. “Hyung,” He finished placing the dirty dishes on the sink. “How did you and Yixing…” Baekhyun thought about what he wanted to ask Junmyeon and blushed furiously. “Never mind.” Baekhyun chuckled timidly.

 

“Hey, you can ask me anything. Don’t be embarrassed.” Junmyeon said reassuringly.

 

“No, it’s nothing.” Junmyeon sent Baekhyun a look making him sigh. “Okay, I am scared.” Baekhyun said.

 

“Scared?”

 

Nodding, Baekhyun turned to Junmyeon and stared at him in the eyes. “It’s just that,” Baekhyun searched around to see if anyone was near them listening to their conversation. “I’ve never been with anyone,” Baekhyun admitted. “Chanyeol has been with so many women. I can’t ever compete with any of the women that he’s been with. It makes me nervous just thinking about it. To think that he might not like what he sees when the time comes. I’m afraid that he will realized that this is not what he is used to.” Baekhyun pointed at the lower portion of his body.

 

“Oh, honey!” Junmyeon startled Baekhyun. “Believe me when I say that he will love that of yours.” At the words, Baekhyun blushed madly and nearly chocked on his saliva.

 

“H-Hyung!” Baekhyun slapped him on the shoulder playfully – smiling afterwards to himself.

 

Junmyeon felt content when Baekhyun smiled and continued to by twerking. He danced despite knowing very well how lame he probably looked while dancing. And it worked because the next thing he heard was Baekhyun laughing his heart out. Junmyeon didn’t cared at that moment and dropped it low very much unaware of Yixing’s presence behind him.

 

“Now that I would love to see you do in private.” Junmyeon quickly straightened up, glaring at the teasing look in Yixing’s face. “Why stop?” Yixing grinned. “I was enjoying the view.”

 

“Shut up. I was just trying to make Baekhyun laugh.” Junmyeon huffed annoyingly when Yixing wrapped his arms around his waist.

 

“And it worked. I didn’t know you could twerk.” Baekhyun teased.

 

Junmyeon smiled secretly as Yixing continued to about the dance. Baekhyun had to eventually stepped out of the kitchen when Junmyeon gave into the teasing and started to twerk once again. Baekhyun groaned when he noticed the couple following him into the living room where Chanyeol also got to see their teasing. Both Baekhyun and Chanyeol are pretty much used to the couple displaying their love for each other so openly. However, Chanyeol couldn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter