Twenty-Eight

Need a Roommate?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Enjoy!

“Nah, I don’t want to do anything,” Baekhyun stops on his tracks when he hears Chanyeol’s voice. He peeks through the side of the door and spots his roommate lying on his bed, talking on the phone. Chanyeol plays with a small ball while his other hand holds the phone against his ear. Baekhyun sighs and smiles like an idiot at how handsome the architect looks even when lying flat on his stomach. “You know how I feel about birthdays, Soo...” Baekhyun frowns. “Exactly, they aren’t important. We age every day, Soo...” Baekhyun silently gasps when he sees Chanyeol standing up, tossing the ball to the floor. He quickly removes himself from his spot, hiding by the hallway. “Might as well always celebrate, don’t you think?”

– Yoda doesn’t like birthdays?

The architect’s birthday is just around the corner. Baekhyun was so excited, already thinking about the many things that they can do. But he doesn’t know if Chanyeol would even want to. It’s scandalizing to him. Who doesn’t like birthdays, seriously. That is why Baekhyun’s lips form into a sulk. “Hey...” the younger screams with a jump, startled by the sudden call. “What are you doing hiding there?” Chanyeol asks with a rather amused grin.

Baekhyun sees Chanyeol pocketing his phone. He quickly faces away when Chanyeol looks at him. “I wasn’t hiding....” Baekhyun lies on his fidgeting spot, nervously poking his fingers together. “I w-was... tying my shoes!” exclaims Baekhyun, shouting the first thing that popped into his head.

The architect raises a brow, eyes directing towards Baekhyun’s bare feet. He chuckles before looking up at the younger, crossing his arms around his chest in an amused manner. “You aren’t wearing any shoes, Baek...” he states as a matter of fact, earning a sheepish smile from the younger. “Oh, and what was that all about last night?” Baekhyun’s eyes grow even larger at the mention of last night.

He silently hisses on his spot. “I am hungry! ahahahaha....” a session of nervous laughs erupts from him. Chanyeol stares at him in confusion, baffled as to why Baekhyun is all nervous. “Aren’t you hungry?” Baekhyun quickly skips his way to the kitchen, leaving Chanyeol behind. The architect frowns before laughing with a shake of his head.

Chanyeol stops by the entrance of the kitchen and finds Baekhyun already searching for something to eat. He crosses his arms and silently laughs. The younger then starts humming but stops when he acknowledges Chanyeol’s presence. He asks him what he is doing creeping into him like that, to which Chanyeol says, “I wasn’t...” Baekhyun’s eyes narrow in skepticism.

Having Chanyeol staring at him like that has Baekhyun going crazy. He continues to blame Jongin for everything, especially for last night. The playful look on the architect causes Baekhyun to gulp. He opens the fridge once again, pretending to search for something in order to not see Chanyeol anymore. Baekhyun continues to curse Jongin under his breath. There is no one to blame but Jongin for Baekhyun’s sudden weird thoughts and the need to do what he is not supposed to, kiss the architect. – I hope you are having sore feet, Kim freaking Jongin! Baekhyun glares at a bottle of sour pickles.

Chanyeol circles his way towards Baekhyun’s side, taking the younger by surprise once again. Baekhyun raises a brow, already starting to fidget on his spot. “Yes?” Baekhyun averts his gaze from the elder, trying so damn hard to ignore how close Chanyeol is to him. He can literally feel the architect’s body heat despite him being practically inside the fridge.

“I was thinking....” Chanyeol starts. “Pancakes for breakfast?” the two of them hear the loud ring of a phone. Chanyeol pushes himself off the island and takes his phone out. A frown forms on his face, playful look quickly fading away. “Excuse me...” he doesn’t even spare Baekhyun a glance as he is already making his way out of the kitchen. The younger stays behind pretty much dumbfounded.

Chanyeol makes his way inside his room. He takes a deep breath before answering his phone. It’s been so long since the last time he spoke to his father. Chanyeol would be lying if he said that he isn’t nervous or scared. The anticipation of speaking to his father after almost two months now increases when he answers the phone. But all of the excitement and nervousness go away the moment he hears his butler. “Young master,” Chanyeol’s expression darkness. “Your father asks for your presence the day of your birthday-”

There’s so much anger building up inside of Chanyeol. “Why isn’t he the one calling?” the words come out like venom. He feels bad for even speaking like that to the innocent butler. “Why isn’t he on the phone?!” but he can’t help it. Chanyeol is furious.

He can hear movement on the other side of the line. Once again, Chanyeol feels utterly bad for snapping at his butler. He knows that shouting at him won’t fix anything. But it helps him release some of the buildup anger inside of him. “You know very well of the important meeting that’s going to be held the day of your birthday,” Chanyeol’s eyes widen when he hears his father’s voice. He gulps the anger down, feeling a wave of uneasiness taking over instead. “Very important people are coming over,”

“Father-”

“Where you expecting a ‘how are you doing?’ from me,” Chanyeol stays quiet. He hears his father bitterly laughing. “I expect you to be here and I want you to clear out the rumors. I believe you know which ones I am talking about. It’s the least you can do after your childish and unnecessary rebellion.”

“Father!” Chanyeol calls his father but the line goes dead. The architect scoffs as he stares at his phone in disbelief. He shakes his head, thinking that, as always, he didn’t get to have a saying. “Rumors...” his grip on the phone tightens. Chanyeol wasn’t expecting to have a normal conversation with his father, not at all. But a simple how are you doing was what he had truly hoped for.

“Yeol?” it makes him so damn angry. “Chanyeol...?” Baekhyun peeks through the door. Chanyeol clears his throat as he fixes his posture. “It was your father, wasn’t it?” the elder softly nods as he faces Baekhyun. “Do you want to-?”

“Aigoo, look at the time!” Chanyeol doesn’t understand why Baekhyun is so eager to listen to him. The last thing Chanyeol wants is to bother the younger with his problems. He doesn’t want to be a burden like he was to Kyungsoo. “I had to be at work five minutes ago!” the architect grabs a coat from his closet before stepping out of his room, leaving Baekhyun behind.

“Wait,” Baekhyun quickly snaps out of it and rushes his way out to the living room. “Chanyeol wait up!” but the architect is faster than him.

 

 

It took Baekhyun a good couple of seconds to register everything. Chanyeol had practically left running. Baekhyun had never seen Chanyeol acting that way before. To say that Baekhyun wasn’t concerned would be a lie. The younger quickly took a taxi to the café shop. But he wasn’t expecting to find Chanyeol smiling, happily taking orders from a bunch of giggling, silly university girls. Not to mention how hot and pretty they are. Baekhyun scoffs in disbelief as he closes the door behind him. Chanyeol is too busy enthusiastically chatting with the girls to even notice Baekhyun’s presence, something that irritates the younger.

Oh, the disappointment in Baekhyun’s eyes is crystal clear. Yixing and Junmyeon can totally see it.

With a heavy sigh, Baekhyun makes his way towards Yixing and Junmyeon. If Baekhyun had known that Chanyeol was going to be perfectly fine, he would’ve had stay home doing his homework. But he finds the elder blushing and grinning at those damn girls, instead. – Sickening! Baekhyun thinks with a pout on his face.

He lifelessly drops his innocent backpack to the ground before taking a sit. Junmyeon gives him a look but Baekhyun ignores it, painfully banging his head against the marble. “A warm coffee for you, Mr. Green eyes...” Yixing makes his way towards the coffee machine, joking.

Baekhyun raises his head up and snorts in annoyance. He literally glares holes at the table where Chanyeol and the pretty girls are at. He scoffs once again with a shake of his head. Baekhyun can’t believe how smooth and flirty Chanyeol is to the girls, how he smiles at them like never before. Chanyeol is given them his most undivided attention and Baekhyun hates it. He hates the way Chanyeol smiles to them, how he grins from time to time and how he leans closer towards them as he takes in the orders. “Yeah, that’s me... Mr. Green eyes...” his shoulders slump down as he speaks, admitting how jealous he actually is.

He quickly looks away with wide eyes when Chanyeol’s eyes meet his. The architect looks taken back for a while, wondering when his roommate got there on the first place. As for Baekhyun, he pretends to engage on a conversation with the other two, earning raise brows from both of them. “What?” Yixing scratches the back of his neck in confusion, asking Junmyeon why the hell Baekhyun is suddenly talking about star wars and Yoda.

The ex- secretary shrugs, chuckling, finding the younger’s antics very comic and rather cute. He earns Baekhyun’s attention, but the younger seems to be thinking of other things or a certain someone – Park Chanyeol. Junmyeon takes a sit in front of Baekhyun. He lets his chin rest on the palm of his hand, smiling. “So,” he starts, completely gathering Baekhyun’s attention. “You really do like Chanyeol?” he asks in amusement.

Baekhyun can only play with his fingers, slightly blushing. He grabs the coffee from Yixing’s hands without saying anything. Baekhyun finds it utterly embarr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter