Thirty-Nine

Need a Roommate?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Enjoy!

“Me?” Baekhyun asks in a mixture of daze and confusedness. Baekhyun smiles dumbly while tilting his head to the side, pointing a finger at himself. The architect finds the gesture rather adorable and chortles softly. – The only person?

How can Chanyeol say something like that to him? Isn’t that kind of weird for a guy to say? Snapping out of it, Baekhyun abruptly stands up from the small couch, staggering a little. – I am drunk! He tries to reason with himself over and over again.

He bumps into a small table and hisses. The architect also stands up to help Baekhyun steady, but the younger jerks to the back, stuttering, “I-it’s too c-cramp in here. I-I need a-air.”

Then Baekhyun turns around and makes an escape through the door. He doesn’t stop until he reaches the outside of the building, ignoring where he really is heading to.

However, he stops when the cold air of November hits him. Baekhyun shivers as he looks around the parking lot, frowning in anger and confusion. “Aish!” he taps his chest in desperate, for as he is starting to hate how fast his heart beats whenever he is around Chanyeol – whenever Chanyeol says and acts so intimate with him.

Baekhyun just couldn’t control the warmth and excitement flushing through his body when he heard Chanyeol saying that to him. Yes, they are roommates and Chanyeol probably meant it like so, but there is still something very different in the way that Chanyeol stares at him. And Baekhyun knew in that moment that he needed to get away – that he needed some air.

All of that is making him angry. Why? Why is Chanyeol saying those things to him? Why is he suddenly so warm and caring to him? Baekhyun can’t help but think that everything would be easier for him if he were to come clean to Chanyeol already. That way Chanyeol might be more careful with how he acts and talks to Baekhyun.

That would definitely save Baekhyun from a lot of confusion.  “Aish!” Baekhyun stomps his foot on the ground, for as he doesn’t even remember where Yixing freaking parked his car. “Is there another parking lot around?” a sigh escapes his lips as he tries to steady himself. Baekhyun is still pretty much dizzy and drunk.

He ignores Chanyeol’s presence because he is too deep in thought. “Baekhyun,” that is why his flinches rather comically when the architect suddenly speaks up. His eyes widen and a blush starts to spread on his cold cheeks. “The car is on the other side. I believe that this side is for employees only.”

Baekhyun snorts as he raises a brow. “How do you know?” annoyed that Chanyeol thinks that he knows it all. – Why must he be that perfect?

Chanyeol simply points at a huge sign next to the entrance of the parking lot. Baekhyun scoffs as he follows the elder’s finger with his eyes. He reads the sign and his mouth drops for a split second before he composes himself once again. “I am never drinking again.” he mutters softly but Chanyeol manages to hear him.

“I think that it’s time for us to go home already.” – The only person going back home with me is you, Baekhyun.

The younger blushes bright red as he recalls Chanyeol’s words. He clears his throat before slightly glaring at the architect. “You can go...” he says while trying to get back into the building but Chanyeol stops him.

“What about you?” Baekhyun finds himself staring at Chanyeol’s hand that is wrapped around his tiny wrist, holding him back.

“I-I’ll take a taxi back home,” and he is starting to grow dizzier than before. Chanyeol won’t let go of him and Baekhyun is starting to get sick.

However, the architect frowns as he shakes his head. There is no way that he is going to let Baekhyun alone with the others when they are all drunk as well. “You need to sleep before you past out. Let’s just go home. I’ll let the others know that we are leaving –”

“No,”

“Baekhyun –”

“I don’t want to go home with you!” – I don’t think that I would be able to stay with you any longer. Baekhyun pats his chest in an attempt to calm his raging heart. His feelings have definitely changed from a small crush to being fully in love. It’s been only a few months but Baekhyun is a hundred percent sure that he is in love with Chanyeol – which scares him.

He won’t be able to keep on hiding his feelings anymore. Maybe it is time for them to separate, for as his feelings are only growing bigger and wilder. “Why?”

Chanyeol seriously doesn’t know what he did wrong for Baekhyun to be so angry at him. The look of hurt in Chanyeol’s face makes Baekhyun feel guiltier. He knows that he is being stupid and ridiculous. Heck, Baekhyun should only be happy that Chanyeol is finally starting to go out – to meet people.

It is only fair for Chanyeol to find himself a pretty girl to date and maybe that girl was the one at the club. But the thought of it alone makes Baekhyun very angry. That is why he needs to get rid of his roommate. The less they see each other the better it would be for Baekhyun.

But how is Baekhyun supposed to tell Chanyeol that he wants him to leave already. That would be a vicious lie and it’s not fair. – Maybe I should leave.

Baekhyun runs a hand through his slightly sweated hair. Everything is starting to spin on him. – I should make him hate me! The headache increases as he goes over his unreasonable and stupid thoughts.

He is drunk, hurt and in love and it is well known that people tend to do stupid things when they are in love. – Yoda needs to hate me. Then it clicks to him.

People used to hate him right away whenever he would come clean to them. His friends all left him when they found out. People still look down upon him – especially wealthy people.

And Chanyeol happens to be a CEO.

It’s the only way or so he thinks. And quite frankly, he is tired of hiding who he really is. So, Baekhyun takes a deep breath to calm the raging storm consuming his insides. “There is something that I need to tell you,” Chanyeol’s frown softens for split second, returning when realizing what Baekhyun might be telling him. “I am... y-you need to know because you are my roommate,”

“And this k-kind of things tends to make people uncomfortable. I am not saying that I want to make you uncomfortable, though! But you must know because you are my roommate. I-I said that already... But you must because...”

“Baekhyun –” the architect flinches a little when Baekhyun suddenly steps backwards, furiously shaking his head.

“I like men, Chanyeol!” Baekhyun shouts as he shuts his eyes tight close. His hands form into smalls fists and the thumping in his heart is about to make him deaf. “Y-You probably hate me now – don’t you.” – But maybe this is for the best. Baekhyun sadly thinks.

However, his eyes snap wide opened the moment he feels a pair of hands holding his. He looks up at Chanyeol who is staring right back at him with a small smile. “Let’s go home, Baek.”

“But –” Baekhyun deeply frowns in confusion.

“I won’t be able to hold back if you keep on acting like this.” Chanyeol says before pulling Baekhyun with him towards the entrance.

The butterflies in Baekhyun’s stomach return, making him angry. The younger tries to remove Chanyeol’s hand from his very own, cursing. “No!” what did Chanyeol meant by that? Why does he keep on confusing him? “What do you mean? Why are you so weird with me now? And why don’t you hate when I’ve told you that I like men – hmmp!”

Plump lips – that is what Baekhyun feels on his very own for a split second. He stares wide eyed at the architect whose steps closer to him again. A small gasp escapes his lips the second Chanyeol closes his eyes, closing the distance between them once again. Baekhyun wants to move but loses his strength. “C-Chanyeol...”

Too weak to stand up on his feet, Chanyeol holds Baekhyun in place takes advantage and kisses him for the third time as if experimenting. Something snaps in Baekhyun making him want to move, but the grip on him tightens. The sigh coming from the younger encourages Chanyeol to not just peck him but actually kiss him. Baekhyun ends up giving in, grasping the architect’s blazer tightly. He closes his eyes but doesn’t get to kiss the architect back because everything suddenly turns dark.

 

 

“You did what?!” the rag that Junmyeon was using to clean tables drops from his hands as he stares at Chanyeol rather scandalized.

The architect groans softly, blushing at the way that Junmyeon is staring at him. He awkwardly scratches the back of his head while fidgeting on his spot. “It just happened, hyung!” the architect puffs with a worried frown.

Then Chanyeol recalls the events from the previous night and blushes deeper. How is he supposed to face Baekhyun now? What is he supposed to say to the younger after what he did? Chanyeol wasn’t really thinking at the time. All he saw was Baekhyun with his cute red cheeks and runny nose.

“Wait, did you really... oh, my, God!” Chanyeol doesn’t know what got into him in that moment. He just lost complete control of himself. – Dammit!

Junmyeon literally sits on a chair before he falls down from shock. The architect side glances at him, still fidgeting on his spot. “I am sorry!” he retorts before Junmyeon even says something or scolds him.

“And you say that you already knew that he is gay.” the architect nods and Junmyeon gasps once again. “For how long have you known?” Chanyeol stares lamely at a mug before sighing.

“That’s not important right now –”

“The hell it is,” Yixing cuts into the conversation, causing Chanyeol to groan in embarrassment. The dance instructor hands Junmyeon a cup of hot chocolate, soothing the elder on his back. “You kissed poor Baekhyun. What are you going to do about it?” Yixing sends a piercing look at Chanyeol who gulps.

Junmyeon jabs Yixing on the ribs. His boyfriend is right for being angry but he needs to give Chanyeol some time. The architect is dealing with something very different – something that had never happened to him before.

It is only normal for him to be scared and confused. “But he needs to take responsibility for what he did to Baekhyun. You know how Baekhyun feels about – ahh!”

Yixing rubs his arms with a hiss. The architect raises a brow while asking Yixing what he was going to say, but Junmyeon beats into it. “You need to talk to Baekhyun about that.”

Yixing nods. “Why was he only hiding it from me, though?” Chanyeol grabs his rag and continues to wipe the windows of the café shop but stops to stare at Junmyeon whom has not answer him. Chanyeol doesn’t understand that. If everyone knows already then why is Baekhyun hiding it from him?

The elder says nothing but his boyfriend does. Yixing scoffs as he moves away from his – at the moment – abusive boyfriend. “Why do you think?” Yixing rolls his eyes. Baekhyun is his friend, the little brother he never had and he is not going to have some guy play with his feelings. “He needs to know why you kissed him. It’s like Kyungsoo and Jongin –”

“What about them?” Chanyeol places the rag down on a table, raising a brow at the dance instructor.

However, Yixing eyes Junmyeon and then shrugs. “What?” he acts innocent and clueless.

The architect can tell that the couple knows something that he doesn’t. He also knows that Junmyeon is the only one trying to hide it from him. That is why Chanyeol stands in front of Junmyeon, blocking Yixing from staring at his boyfriend. “Tell me. What about them? What happen with Kyungsoo and Jongin?”

Junmyeon turns Chanyeol so he can face the architect. Chanyeol groans while Junmyeon sighs. “That is something that you should talk about with Kyungsoo. But Yixing is right, though. You need to talk to Baekhyun because what you did was wrong.”

The dance instructor hums in response, face expression completely changing upon seeing their first costumer of the morning. “Unless you like him then what you did is totally acceptable.” another piercing glare is thrown at Chanyeol, but Yixing’s expression turns angelic as he greets the girl wanting to order something.

Something then sparks in Chanyeol’s eyes and Junmyeon manages to see it. “Why is he always around? I said that I wanted to talk to you in private when I called you this morning.” Chanyeol crosses his arms in annoyance, emitting a small smile from Junmyeon.

“But he is right...” the architect frowns softly. His thoughtful frown then softens and a soft sigh escapes his lips. There is really no point in trying to deny it anymore. Chanyeol is aware of what he is feeling – of the romantic feelings towards his roommate. “Why did you kiss him?”

The architect stays quiet for a few seconds. The elder can see the frown in Chanyeol’s face appearing and disappearing. “Because... he was being cute...?”

“He is always cute, though.” Junmyeon deadpans. “Okay, let me ask you this,” the architect nods despite feeling scared and slightly uncomfortable. “Do you like Baekhyun?”

“Yes, he is my roommate and he is very nice.” which is true. Why would Chanyeol dislike the younger when Baekhyun is a ball of sunshine? The sunshine that he needed – that he was searching for.

“That is not what I asked, Chanyeol. I believe that you know pretty well what I’d meant.”

“I think... what the hell is wrong with me?! This is not normal at all. I don’t know why I do!” Junmyeon covers a small smile with the back of his hand. “Baekhyun is just very different and then something changed in me. Dammit! I don’t know what is going on with me!” Chanyeol sits tiredly on a booth, groaning in frustration.

Junmyeon smiles as he pats Chanyeol on his back. – Well, this is unexpected. Junmyeon wanted to be optimistic about the possibility of Chanyeol ever liking Baekhyun, but he never really thought that Chanyeol was actually going to develop romantic feelings towards a man.

“Hey,” Chanyeol looks up at him. “There is nothing wrong with you.” another sigh escapes Chanyeol’s mouth. “Or is there something wrong with me or Yixing?”

“No,” Chanyeol retorts rather angrily. He doesn’t want to make his friends feel bad for him feeling such way about suddenly liking a guy. Chanyeol sees nothing wrong with Junmyeon and Yixing. He is actually very happy for them, but he is just concerned over this new change in his life.

He is feeling gooey over a guy and not a girl. That changes a lot of things.

“I don’t know what to do, though. I kissed him and then he passed out drunk. What if he remembers everything? I really hope that he doesn’t because I am scared.”

“Of what?” Yixing butts into the conversation once again. The dance instructor is also astonished and baffled over Chanyeol kissing Baekhyun.

Chanyeol glances at him and sighs. “I’ve never dated seriously before,” Junmyeon nods at that, recalling all of the girls that Chanyeol would take back home with him. “I am just scared of messing things up.” but what he is really afraid is of not liking Baekhyun the way he is supposed to. Chanyeol doesn’t even know how love looks like or how it is supposed to feel.

His parents never showed any sign of love towards each other. The few ounce of love that he recalls is from his grandpa and his father when he is used to be ten years old. Chanyeol doesn’t really know what love is.

But Baekhyun is making him feel different. “This feeling scares me...”

 

 

“Omma!” Baekhyun sobs loudly as he buries his head on his mother’s lap. The old woman says nothing as she lets the younger let everything out. “I am so embarrassed!”

Mrs. Byun sighs for as she still doesn’t know what Baekhyun is so upset about. “I made a fool out of myself last night. Aish, why didn’t Jongin stop me from drinking?” his mother chuckles lightly while Baekhyun continues to shake and sob on her lap.

“Aigoo, you had never really cared about this before. Everyone already knows that you can’t handle alcohol that well. So, tell me, what’s really bothering you.” Baekhyun bits his lower lip, hugging his mother tightly by her waist. “You shouldn’t be ashamed. I am pretty sure that Chanyeol has also had one of those nights with alcohol. We all do.”

“Omma...” the younger takes a deep breath before untangling his arms from his mother’s waist.

“Hmmm,” Mrs. Byun hums as she caresses Baekhyun’s wet cheeks. “Why are you crying, sweetie?”

Why it is that Baekhyun remembers everything from the previous night. He tends to always forget the events of the previous night whenever he drinks. However, he didn’t this time and it’s killing him. That must only mean that he is becoming a good drinker. – Aish!

He remembers vividly everything, from his teacher to him acting like a jealous girl and making a fool out of himself with Chanyeol. – Why?! But what he remembers the most is Chanyeol’s lips pressed against his. “Omma,” how is he supposed to face Chanyeol now?

“Chanyeol... he...” Mrs. Byun tilts her head to the side, blinking. Baekhyun then covers his face with both hands, sobbing. “Chanyeol kissed me last night!”

A loud gasp escapes Mrs. Byun’s mouth making Baekhyun groan in mere embarrassment. “Oh, my, God!”

The old woman stands up from the couch, staring at Baekhyun wide eyed. “He...” she makes a kissing face as she points at Baekhyun. The younger groans once again with a timid nod of his head, pouting. “Ommo! Ommo! Ommo!” Baekhyun’s eyes widen as he sees his mother clapping and jumping up and down in excitement.

“Omma!” Baekhyun whines loudly. “What are you so happy a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter