One

Need a Roommate?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I am moving out. 

 

Baekhyun can’t believe that he finally found an apartment. He was so happy and in love with it that he didn’t even think about his roommate. What roommate? Well, he is yet to find one. He needs one and fast (before next month that is). He never thought about living on his own, not even when Jongin decided to get a place of his own. He is a grown up man and he knows quite a few things. One of them is that his parents need privacy. Actually, that was a slap on the face. Baekhyun never really thought that he was hurting his parents that way. But he loves his parents and it is his father’s fault too. Baekhyun felt that he was going to stay there forever. Everything changed after that night. Boy does it give him the chills.

It was a rainy afternoon. Baekhyun had finally come back home from university, tired and hungry as always. His parents were nowhere to be seen, but Baekhyun didn’t really pay much attention to it. He could smell his mother’s delicious food before even stepping inside the house. That was all that matter at the moment. Baekhyun is not him when he is hungry. After finishing the fried rice with sweet beef, he decided to watch some TV. He never makes that much noise. His parents are always surprise when they all of the sudden see him in the kitchen or watching TV. This time, though, Baekhyun kept on hearing a thump noise coming from the garage. “Omma?” he called but no one answered. He is the type of guy to get scare very easily.

Ignoring the noise was something that he would normally never do, but his favorite show was airing at the moment. The noise was gone only to be replaced with weird noises. Baekhyun crocked an eyebrow as he lowered the volume on the TV. It became louder and louder until he realize what it sounded like. With a face, he stood up and walk towards the source of the noise. “O-omma?” his voice was stuck inside his throat, coming out as a whisper. He flinched at the sound of another very awfully familiar voice, hand frozen on the doorknob. All along, he thought about just running away from there. But he didn’t for some odd reason. Baekhyun took a deep breath and push the door open. It was a long walk all the way to the garage until he finally saw his parents’ cars. Eyes wide open, hands covering his mouth and noises coming out of his parents’ mouth, Baekhyun wanted to die! “Omma! Dad!” and that is how his parents finally noticed him.

Baekhyun’s room looks so sad and empty, but the thought of moving away excites him. There is no turning back now. He had saved a few bucks from his job at a coffee shop (that so happens to be a few blocks away from his new home), that is how he found out about the apartment. Of course his parents didn’t let him, especially his father. Not to say that the old man still objects. Mrs. Byun is just sad that because of them he is leaving. Baekhyun doesn’t want for them to think of that. He just wants for his parents to be happy. The last thing Baekhyun wants is to see his parents doing it out in the patio!

Jongin sees that Baekhyun is struggling with his things, but he will not stop eating his apple. He just stares and stares, which annoys Baekhyun. “I could really use some help here!” exclaims Baekhyun in utter annoyance.

Jongin shrugs as he fully lies on the bed, still eating the green apple. “I can’t wait for your father to start his lecture on why you shouldn’t leave.” the younger chuckles to himself in a mischievous manner. Baekhyun rolls his eyes. A soft sigh leaves his small lips as he continues to struggle with his suitcases.

Just as Baekhyun is about to speak, his father and mother step inside the room. The two of them look a bit guilty but not that much. There is a hint of proudness on his father side and a slight flush on his mother’s face. Baekhyun shakes his head in desperate. He is totally scar for life. He finally gets a hold of his things and starts to walk towards the door. His parents are blocking the way, preventing him from getting out. “Aish!” he whines as he stomps his foot on the ground, looking much like a little kid. “Can you two move?” Jongin sits on the bed looking rather amused.

“What are those? Where are you going?” Baekhyun hears his father asking him. The old man eyes his son like a hawk. There is no way that Baekhyun is leaving if that is what is going on.

Baekhyun grabs his suitcases and signals his father to move out of his way. “Honey, we told you already...” Mrs. Byun says, still blushing. Baekhyun can’t blame his parents, though. The old couple needs some privacy. Let’s just say that he is scar for life, and that he doesn’t want to talk about it anymore. Who would say that his mother is the melodic type...? Again, Baekhyun shakes his head.

“Dad-“ but Mr. Byun prevents him from talking.

“I was like that when you told me that you are gay.” Jongin is sure liking the awkward moment going on between the three in front of him. Baekhyun nods in understand. It was hard for his father at first. “What your mother and I did is a normal thing that two people who love each other do.” now Baekhyun covers his ears, face hitting up in total shame. He shakes his head because he doesn’t want to hear it. Witnessing the act of “love” (as Jongin likes to call it), was bad enough. He doesn’t want to be reminded of it anymore.

Jongin chocks on his apple when trying to speak in a rush. “That is what I’ve been telling him!” he says once he is able to breath. Mr. Byun points at him as he nods. Jongin totally gets them. “Aunty and Uncle where just showing how much they love each other. I will be happy if I ever see my parents doing such act-”

“Jongin!” Baekhyun shouts face red as a tomato.

“Baekhyun...” said person turns to his mother. “I am sorry-“

“Oh, mom, don’t apologize for that!” Baekhyun says with a shake of his head. “I understand and I don’t...” he frowns, a shiver running down his spine. “I don’t care that you two act naughty or whatever. I just want to move out and give you two some privacy. That is all. I have a job and I am looking for a roommate to divide the cost of the apartment. You two can come over anytime of the day.” Baekhyun says with a smile. “I also want some privacy-“

“What privacy?” Mr. Byun exclaims, voice fill with protection.

Baekhyun rolls his eyes. “I always catch you both doing y things. I don’t want to see that anymore. Can’t you two control yourself?” Baekhyun asks in annoyance. “I am moving out. I already have the apartment and everything. Jongin even made an announcement for me...” Baekhyun says, still trying to get out of his room with his things.

It was about a week ago. Baekhyun was so excited because he had already gotten an apartment. He loved everything about it except for the fact that there is only one bathroom. Jongin feels bad for whoever is rooming with his best friend. Back to the topic, Jongin had told Baekhyun to wait that way they could post pictures of the house as well. So when Baekhyun finally got the apartment, he went back home and work on an announcement. He was so proud of his work to the point of calling Jongin over. However, he wasn’t expecting Jongin’s reaction at all. “Baekhyun” the elder nodded in anticipation. “It only says your name, age and that you are looking for a roommate...” at the end it wasn’t a good job and Baekhyun felt embarrassed.

“Alright” Mrs. Byun hugs him. What else can she do? She understands Baekhyun’s point of view. Baekhyun tries to break free but the hold is too tight. “But you need to eat right now. Jongin” the younger hums. “I made Japanese mum’s chicken and fried rice”

“Awesome!” Jongin fist pumps. Mrs. Byun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter