Chapter 4

Her Protector
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan frowned as he dialed Hana's number again.

We're sorry but the person you are trying to reach is currently unavailable. 

This was the fifth time he had tried to call Hana in the past 10 minutes. Usually, if Hana was late to a Skype session, she would send him a text but this time, there wasn't anything from her. Luhan wondered if she got held up by a project. She did mention that she had a big paper due the next week. Perhaps she was with Taehyung or one of the others working on it in the library?

Are you guys with Hana? -Luhan

Nope. -Namjoon

She left after dinner. -Jin

She was stressing about that paper earlier, maybe she's at the library. You know how she is, an overachiever for everything. -Taehyung

I haven't seen her all day ): -Jungkook

The last time I saw her was at lunch with Tae. -Jimin

One day isn't bad at all Kook. I haven't seen her in like two days.  -Hoseok

I haven't seen her in like a week. Most likely because the only time I can see her, I'm sleeping. -Yoongi

Luhan's frown deepened even further. His mind was filled with anxiousness. Something was wrong, something was terribly wrong. Pulling up a familiar contact, he pressed the call button.

"Hey Luhan." A familiar voice rang out from the other end. "What's up?"

"Can you go check up on Hana?" Luhan rushed out as the other side lapsed into silence. "Is something wrong?"

"She's not answering!" Luhan was nearing hysterics at this point and the person on the other end could hear it in his voice.

"Don't worry, we're on it. I'll call you if we find anything."

"Thanks Suho." Luhan whispered as Suho's voice softenend.

"No worries."

The line went dead as the call ended leaving Luhan once again in silence as his thoughts clouded his mind.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Okay boys." Suho started as 5 pairs of eyes stopped what they were doing and focused all their attention on their leader.

"Kyungsoo, I need you to check the cameras of Hana's apartment complex. Find out if there's anyone suspicious looking that followed her. Chanyeol and Baekhyun, go into her apartment and see if you can find any clues. Sehun and Kai, interview the shop that she works at and any of the apartment employees, particularily the doorman. Report back if you find anything even the tiniest detail. Something put Luhan on edge and I feel that Hana not answering has something to do with it."

"Aye aye boss." The voices chorused together before everyone went to their respective positions.

 

Kyungsoo poured himself over video tapes after video tapes. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary except that the tapes were cut out from 8AM-6AM. Almost an entire day's worth of video recording was gone. Zip. Zero. Zilch. He couldn't even trace where or from what source the deletion came from. This person was good. Kyungsoo hated to admit but the culprit was better than himself, whoever he was.

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun stepped into the apartment lobby dressed in the latest fashion brands. Girls swooned but both didn't pay any attention to them. They were on a mission. Stepping into an elevator they noticed the camera as Chanyeol pressed aganist his ear piece.

"Kyungsoo, there's an camera in the elevator, did you get anything?"

"Nothing." Kyungsoo growled out, his voice perplexed. "The culprits wiped everything for nearly 24 hours. I can't even find a trace of where they came from. They're like ghosts, disappearing into thin air. They're good hyung, they're really good. This was definitely a kidnapping."

Baekhyun paled considerably as Kyungsoo's words registered into his mind. This was turning into a very grim situation. 

The elevator doors opened as both males stepped out and walked a couple of doors down. The hallway was eerily silent as if it was abandoned for years despite the bright lights. Stopping in front of Hana's door, Chanyeol knocked once hoping that the girl would answer.

"Hana? It's Chanyeol and Baekyun."

Chanyeol waited patiently while Baekhyun tensed, his hand resting on the gun at the back of his pants.

"Hana?" Chanyeol knocked again only to receive silence. Sending a nod to Baekhyun, both withdrew their guns before Chanyeol slid in the extra key, Luhan had made for them. Unlocking the door, they crept inside silently, closing the door behind them with a soft click.

Communicating silently, their dark eyes adjusted to the darkness as they crept along the shadows. Nothing was out of place. The TV was off and the curtains were open which allowed the moon to shine in. The living room was empty as was the kitchen. Baekhyun's eyes scanned the bathroom to find it empty as well before he moved to Hana's bedroom. The covers were thrown into an unorganized pile in the corner of the bed while the closet door laid opened. No one was here.

"There's no one here." He said finally as Chanyeol flipped on the lights causing brightness to flood the room making Baekhyun hiss.

Nothing was out of place, not even a speck of dust. It was the same as Hana left it everyday before she left for class. It always looked like a tornado had blown through no matter how much she cleaned it.

"This is defintely a kidnapping." Baekyun confirmed staring out the window and into the night sky.

 

Kai and Sehun weren't having any better luck than the others were. It was the dead of night but Seoul was still filled with bright light as students of all ages, flooded the roads. Pulling up in front of the familiar cafe, both of them stepped out of their black and sleep BMW. Kai eyed everyone that walked by, trying to make and remember their faces.

The bell tinkled as they entered while they made their way to the counter.

"Hello! How can I help you?" A smiling male no older than a high school beamed up at them.

"I'll just take a coffee. Black." Sehun muttered before wondering around to the other patrons in the shop.

"I'll have an Americano." Kai stated as the boy nodded.

"That will be $6.54!" 

Handing him the money, he watched as the boy shouted the order to another one of the baristas before giving Kai his change.

"It will just be a few minutes." He chirped before going back to wiping the already shining counter.

"Hey, have you seen the other girl that work

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter