Eotteokhe?!?

I Have Twice a Problem

 

Young Min pondered on what Hana said for a long time. When he got home from band practice, he quickly got in the room he shared with Kwang Min and shut it, ignoring Kwang Min's protests. He fell on his bed and sat motionless for a few minutes. Then he whipped from his uniform pocket his phone and called the contact 'Min Hee'.

 

"Yoboseyo?" came the most-anticipated voice from the other line.

 

"Min Hee-yah!" Young Min almost yelled in excitement.

 

"Y-Young Min-ah? I..."

 

"Anii, jebal, hear me out. I know I screwed up. Please let me redeem myself. Let's be friends again. Forget about the freakin' engagement. Just friends. Jebalyo?"

 

The other line was quiet for a while. Young Min was shaking with anticipation. He was also getting impatient.

 

"Mi-Min Hee-yah?"

 

"I... I guess we could try that again," she said slowly, uncertain.

 

Young Min could've rocketed to the moon.

 

"Jeongmal? Omo, kamsahamnida! I've missed my bestfriend!" he said very fast and excited.

 

For the first time after they had their misunderstanding, Min Hee laughed, which only made Young Min happier.

 

"Neh, I missed my bestfriend too," Min Hee said. "But your bestfriend has to go for now. Tell you what: after school, let's hang out, arasso?"

 

"Arasso! I'll come pick you up," said Young Min and ended the call. He screamed his lungs out in happiness and jumped on his bed.

 

Kwang Min's POV:

Young Min hyung was quiet for the rest of the day after lunch, but I didn't bother ask why because he must be thinking again about Min Hee. During practice, he was still quiet yet sane, thank goodness. He danced and sang his parts just fine. When we got home, my body was sore and I'm so tired. I was about to reach for the door handle to me and my twin's room when Young Min hyung grabbed it, swung the door open, and shut the door to my face in 3 seconds. It took me a few seconds to digest what just happened then banged on the door.

 

"Hyung! Hyung! Let me in! I'm so tired! Yah!" No response. I didn't hear anything when I put my ear on the door. Aish!

 

I dragged myself to the living room and slumped on the couch. In a second, I was asleep. What I remember next is hearing someone screaming and jumping. It turned my dream pretty weird, so much that I bolted awake.

 

The noise came from my room. My other hyungs and Minwoo came to check it out too.

 

"What was that?" Minwoo asked. He looked like he just awoke too.

 

"Young Min-ah! What's going on? Gwenchana?" Dong Hyun hyung yelled, banging on the door. Before I could even touch the door, it swung open and revealed Young Min hyung with shining eyes and a humongous smile.

 

"Nothing's wrong, hyung! Kajah. Is dinner ready? I'll help you with it!" said hyung.

 

Ok, that was downright weird. Young Min hyung has never stepped into the kitchen, much less cook.

 

"Uhh... never mind that. Why not just set the table?" suggested Jeong Min hyung.

 

Not good either. The last time he set the table, he broke all of our new china plates.

 

"Anii! Gwenchana! Just join Kwang Min and Minwoo and Hyun Seong in the living room. We'll call you when dinner's ready," said Dong Hyun hyung.

 

Young Min hyung was too happy to feel he wasn't trusted in the kitchen. He went and dragged me toward the living room, where we played video games. Minwoo and Hyun Seong hyung shot me bewildered looks and all I could do was shrug.

 

Soon, it was dinnertime. Young Min hyung hurriedly pushed us into the kitchen and made Jeong Min hyung and Dong Hyun hyung sit down quickly.

 

"Wow," he cooed, marveling at Dong Hyun hyung's prepared dinner, "this is lovely, hyung!"

 

Jeong Min hyung looked at me and mouthed, "Lovely?!" If this wasn't a really weird situation, the look on his face would've made me laugh the whole night. Instead, I shrug. Again.

 

We ate quietly. Only Young Min hyung was chattering away. Finally, when he stopped for a breath, Dong Hyun hyung managed to get a word in.

 

"Kire, Young Min-ah, what's up with you? You're... happy..."

 

"What's wrong with being happy? Why should I not be happy? Min Hee agreed to be my friend again!" Young Min hyung almost yelled in happiness.

 

That's great news! I really like my hyung all sunshiney, but not so much like this.

 

"That's awesome! What made her change her mind?" Jeong Min hyung asked.

 

"I pleaded her, of course. What else could I do?" Young MIn hyung said, shrugging.

 

"Whose idea was it that you become friends with her again?" Hyun Seong hyung asked.

 

"Hana's," he said. For the first time today he mentioned someone from school.

 

"Hana is a genius, like her brother," I commented. It made me miss her. I mean, I used to have a crush on her, and I haven't forgotten that.

 

“What exactly did Hana say this time?” Dong Hyun asked. He was used to Hana’s weird reasoning that always made sense. But it never ceases to surprise him because the girl always has new thoughts.

 

“She said something like, ‘A friend stays through thick and thin. Lovers come and go. Stick with her, support her, and be her friend. Then let time and destiny do the job. If it's meant to happen, it will.’” Young Min answered.

 

“Such wise words from a little girl like her,” said Jeong Min hyung.

 

We ate dinner happily chattering again after what seemed like so long.