How Could I Not?

I Have Twice a Problem

 

It's been a while since Boyfriend first met their fiances. The rest were going great with their partners. Even Young Min. When he was not at school, he and Min Hee were hanging out in Min Hee's group's practice room, helping her group [called FireFly] get better as an idol group. He and Min Hee always hung out together. And before he knew it, although he really didn't know it was happening or why, Young Min began to like Min Hee more and more.

 

One day, he called Min Hee to come hang out with him in the park. Min Hee didn't refuse. In half an hour they were eating ice cream together. Then Min Hee accidentally touched her ice cream on her nose without noticing. Young Min chuckled.

 

"What?" she demanded. "What is it?"

 

"You got ice cream on your nose. Here, let me," he said and took a tissue and leaned his face close to Min Hee to wipe it. His eyes met hers, and his cheeks burned red. Her eyes were so beautiful...

 

"You got it yet?"

 

That broke the spell. Young Min straightened his back and took a deep breath. "Yeah, it's all gone," he muttered.

 

He looked at Min Hee happily her treat like a child. She looked so cute. Young Min wasn't sure what he was feeling, so he gave it a long thought. Then his eyes widened in realization. He cleared his throat. That caught Min Hee's attention. She looked at him in curiosity.

 

"Could-Could I talk to you for a momet?" he said, and beckoned her to follow him. They sat on a bench under a tall tree.

 

"What is it, Young Min-ah?" Min Hee asked.

 

Young Min paused for a bit. He didn't know how to start.

 

"Min Hee-yah? Do you remember when you had me promise that I must not fall in love with you?"

 

She nodded.

 

"I... I might not be able to keep it..."

 

Min Hee's eyes widened. She immediately got off the bench. Her eyes were fearful. "Oh no. No, jebal, Young Min-ah. Don't... I won't be able to love you... No..." then she ran off.

 

"Min Hee-yah! Jamkkanmanyo! Durowa!" Young Min stood up, but his feet kept rooted to the spot. He ruffled his hair in frustration as he sat down hard. He clenced his fists and tears started forming in his eyes. Noon passed into evening and passed into night, yet Young Min sat there silently crying like a child.

 

At Boyfriend's dorm, Dong Hyun has prepared dinner and the boys were all seated in their chairs when Minwoo noticed that someone was missing.

 

"Kwang Min hyung, where's your twin?" he asked.

 

Kwang Min looked to the chair Young Min always sat and noticed it too. He went to check in their room. No one there.

 

"He's not in the house," he said.

 

"Didn't he tell you where he went?" Jeong Min asked in a worried tone.

 

"Anii. I don't like this. I'm going to look for him," said Kwang Min.

 

"We're going with you," said Dong Hyun.

 

"What if we split up into two groups?" Hyun Seong suggested. "Kwang Min-ah, you take Minwoo-yah and Dong Hyun hyung. Jeong Min-ah and I will search together. Contact the other group once you've found him."

 

The others nodded and quickly bundled themselves into jackets. Kwang Min brought along Young Min's jacket. The dinner was left alone to grow cold.

 

Jeong Min and Hyun Seong went to the direction of the bust city square while the three boys went to the opposite way, to the parks and gardens. We will follow Dong Hyun, Minwoo, and Kwang Min's search.

 

After hours of walking, they stumbled upon the same park Young Min and Min Hee were. It was dark and silent. You could only hear the crickets and see parts of the park where the street lights shone upon.

 

"I'm scared," Minwoo whispered. Dong Hyun too his hand.

 

"We have to do this. Who knows? Kajah," said Kwang Min bravely. They wandered in the darker parts. It was quiet, until-

 

They heard a curious noise. Like a hiccuping noise, then it sniffed, then it sneezed. It was coming from behind a tall dark tree. Kwang Min whipped out his phone and the built-in flaslight. They crept along the base of the tree toward the noise. Then Kwang Min shone his light on the bench. Then he screamed, causing the two others to scream too. Then they covered each other's mouths.

 

From their point of view, it looked like a headless boy in a loose shirt and jeans. But the figure moved and revealed a mass of blonde hair.

 

"Young Min hyung?" Kwang Min said cautiously. He walked toward the boy. The boy looked up.

 

It is Young Min. His face was tear-stained and his lank body shivered in the cold. His blonde hair was a mess.

 

"Omona! Hyung!" Minwoo yelped. He quickly took the jacket from Kwang Min and put it around Young Min's shoulders. Dong Hyun wrapped it some more around Young Min's chest. Young Min didn't seem to notice but kept on crying and hiccuping. While the two younger boys soothe Young Min and his hair and tried to comfort him, Dong Hyun called up Hyun Seong.

 

In the city square, it was as bright as day and really noisy, so the two boys there had to find a quiet place to answer their hyung's call.

 

*nae yeoja son daejima~!*

 

"Omo, it's Dong Hyun hyung!" Hyun Seong exclaimed.

 

"Could they have found Young Min-ah?" Jeong Min asked hurriedly.

 

"Molla... Let's go to a corner," said Hyung Seong and hurried to find a quiet spot. They found one in a small cafe and answered the call.

 

"Yeoboseyo?"

 

"Hyung Seong-ah!" Dong Hyun called from the other line. "What took you so long?"

 

"Mianhaeyo, hyung. It's really noisy here," said Hyung Seong, putting the phone on speaker.

 

"Have you found Young Min-ah, hyung?" Jeong Min asked frantically.

 

"Neh! We'll meet you in the dorm, arasso?"

 

"Neh!"

 

The boys immediately ran out of the cafe and commuted back home.

 

Dong Hyun ended the call and turned back to the boys. MInwoo shook his head sadly. Suddenly, Young Min's head dropped and he fell asleep on Kwang Min's shoulder. His twin only his head some more. Dong Hyun sighed. Sometimes he wonders which is the elder twin. So he silently and carefully put Young Min onto his back.

 

"Can you do it, hyung?" Kwang Min whispered. Dong Hyun only nodded. With that, the boys walked home.

 

By the time they got home, Jeong Min has walked all over the house in agitation a dozen times and Hyun Seong has sent Kwang Min, Minwoo, and Dong Hyun 5 messages each. When a knock came from the door, they lept up from the couch and quickly ushered the three boys in. Jeong Min helped Dong Hyun place Young Min on the couch and tucked him in a good blanket. Hyun Seong got them all hot cocoa, for they were all frozen.

 

When they were all finally seated together in the living room with blankets on them and mugs on their hands, then Jeong Min began to ask things.

 

"Where'd you find him, hyung?"

 

"In that little park," said Dong Hyun.

 

"What was he doing there?"

 

"He was just hunched up on a bench and crying," replied Minwoo.

 

"Why was he crying?"

 

"Oh, for god's sake, Jeong Min hyung, you're too inquisitive. How could we know why he's crying?! We weren't there with him!" Kwang MIn said loudly. He was very frustrated and very worried.

 

"Kwang Min-ah, I'm your hyung..." said Jeong Min in a threatening tone, but Hyun Seong consoled him.

 

"He's distraught. Leave him alone now," he whispered.

 

The boys sat in silence after that. The night grew later, and finally, the all fell asleep where they were.

 

The next day, the sun had just risen when Young Min woke up from a very troubled and wierd dream. He shifted in his position in the couch and found his hyungs and his dongsaengs all asleep on the floor around him, then he realized that none of it was a dream. He carefully got out of the comfy couch and tip-toed over the boys towards the kitchen. He made them all coffee and breakfast.

 

After half and hour the others came in stumbling into the kitchen as Young Min was putting the last pieces of bacon on the table. He gave them a cheery smile.

 

"Annyeong~! Jamkkanmanyo! Wash up first! Then let's have breakfast together," he said cheerfully, expertly hiding his depression. But the boys were too sleepy to notice or say anything about last night yet. They went one by one into the restroom to wash up. After that they all plopped down on their seats and had their helpings of bacon and pancakes. Young Min took off Dong Hyun's apron and sat beside his twin. They went on having a silent breakfast.

 

Young MIn was beginning to celebrate that nobody mentioned what happened yesterday, when-!

 

"Young MIn-ah, explain yourself," said Jeong Min suddenly. He never forgot his curiosity. The other boys looked at Young Min.

 

He sighed. "It seems that the matter is inescapable," he muttered.

 

"What happened  to you, hyung?" Minwoo asked.

 

"I... well, I..." Young Min stuttered, then went on blubbering. "I didn't mean to, but it just happened, but it didn't work out the way I wanted, and well... yeah..."

 

A pause.

 

"What exactly happened?" Dong Hyun asked.

 

"The first or the second?"

 

"First."

 

"I... I ended up... well, liking Min Hee..."

 

Dong Hyun just nodded. "And the second?"

 

"A confession that led to a broken heart."

 

Pause again. The boys can't think of a way to comfort Young Min without sounding gay.

 

"You want me to explain?" Before anyone could answer, he went on.

 

"Min Hee has a crush on this guy called Donghae back at home. She still loves him, and because of that she made me promise not to fall in love with her, since she will not be able to love me. But how could I not love her?"