Operaration: Destruction, Phase 2: Minwoo

I Have Twice a Problem

 

CAP, or Dong Hyun, made his way inside. He nodded at Jeong Min who was in the kitchen cooking dinner. Minwoo was in the living room, watching some TV.

 

“Minwoo-yah, where’s Hyun Seong?” he asked.

 

“I bet he’s in the basketball court again. Hyung? Have you seen Young Min hyung?” Minwoo replied.

 

“I think they went back to the car to get something,” Dong Hyun said with a shrug.

 

"Arasso, I need to talk to them," said Minwoo. He got his coat and smiled at Dong Hyun before leaving.

 

Minwoo walked until he heard Kwang Min's sobs. The boy had stopped yelling because his twin convinced him that it isn't good for his throat.

 

"Young Min hyung! What happened?" Minwoo asked, running to the twins' aid.

 

"Dong Hyun hyung," said Young Min. Kwang Min shook in anger with the name.

 

"What? What did he do?" Minwoo asked again.

 

Young Min told the little boy everything. As the story became full to him, he was so shocked and angry, but also confused.

 

"Why would hyung do that? He knows it's not right," said Minwoo. "But no one can hurt my friends like this! I hate him for it!"

 

Somewhere, a few cars away from them, CAP smiled. "That was too easy," he said. Then he sauntered off to see Hyun Seong.

 

Hyun Seong and Han Mi are the steadiest couple in the group. Hyun Seong is very protective of her, and Han Mi is loyal enough. As he thought about these things, CAP easily made up a plan to make Hyun Seong hate Dong Hyun. Clever in evil way.

 

"Hyun Seong-ah!" he called.

 

"Dong Hyun hyung! What's up?"

 

"Nothing much. Jeong Min isn't done with dinner yet. May I play with you?"

 

"Sure! How about a little one-on-one? The one with most shots wins, of course."

 

"Arasso."

 

For the next half hour, Dong Hyun ws leading by 3 points. Hyun Seong couldn't believe it. He only missed a few shots but got the others just fine.

 

"Omo! Hyun Seong-ah, Jeong Min says dinner is ready," Dong Hyun said as he read the text message.

 

"O-Ok, hyung. I'll just fix up here. I'll follow soon," said Hyun Seong.

 

"Ok, but follow quickly." With that, Dong Hyun left towards the house.

 

Hyun Seong stiil couldn't get over the fact that Dong Hyun beat him in the game he played best.

 

'Something's not right here,' he thought. But he kept his suspicions to himself and went on home.

 

Later after dinner, Hyun Seong gathered the younger ones plus Jeong Min together in his room.

 

"What's this about, Hyun Seong-ah?" asked Jeong Min.

 

"Something's not right here," said Hyun Seong.

 

"That's right," Kwang Min said huffily. He shared a knowing look with Young Min and Minwoo.

 

"What? Why does it seem like I'm the only one who's out of it?" Jeong Min said.

 

"Let me tell you about my afternoon," said Hyun Seong, and told them about his basketball game with Dong Hyun. 

 

After he told them, all their eyes were wide open except for Jeong Min's. "So? He beat you in the game. Everyone can fail at times," said Jeong Min.

 

"Hyung," said Minwoo, "the Dong Hyun hyung I know doesn't know how to play basketball. He even hates it."

 

Silence followed, until they heard a phone call from Dong Hyun's room.

 

"Opereation: Destruction, Phase 2 done and easily done," came Dong Hyun's voice.

 

Pause. He was listening to the person on the other line.

 

"Seeing his friends hurt made him hate me. That's why I said 'easily done', didn't I?"

 

A pause again.

 

Then they heard a beep. Phone call ended.