Jeong Min's Insecurities

I Have Twice a Problem

While everyone else was busy doing something not really related to Dong Hyun's rescue, Jeong Min had gone inside the room he now shared with Changjo. His heart felt really heavy, and the emptiness in the room didn't help one bit.

 

'Dong Hyun hyung, why did you have to disappear? Don't you know how hard it is to take charge and fail?' thought Jeong Min as he slid down the wall in a defeated heap.

 

Jeong Min's POV:

 

I don't know what to feel anymore. All my plans haven't worked like I wanted. I bet the members are all mad at me, but for the sake of the group they keep it to themselves. Dong Hyun hyung's rescue failed. Framing CAP failed. I bet my next plan will fail too. It's basic inductive reasoning. Let Hana do the planning, that smart girl. 

 

Narrator's POV:

 

Jeong Min sat on the cold floor for a while, not minding all the noise in the world. He had gone into a desolate world inside his mind, where all his hidden pains are stored. He basked in his "failures", which could make just about anyone commit suicide. If Kwang Min hadn't come in, Jeong Min, on ordinary-person measures, could've done something worse. But Jeong Min isn't that kind of guy. He doesn't do anything. One tiny part of his mind stays sane.

 

"Hyung? Hyung, gwenchana?" said Kwang Min. He sat across Jeong Min. Jeong Min didn't lift his head up.

 

"Why are you here? Aren't you mad at me too?" said Jeong Min in an impossibly low voice.

 

"Wh-What?" said Kwang Min, lightly laughing. "Hyung, I'm not mad at you. No one is. Why would we be mad at you?"

 

"Yeah right. Why would you NOT be mad at me? Dong Hyun hyung's rescue failed. If I had listened to Changjo, we could've gotten hyung out as well."

 

"Hyung," said Kwang Min, putting stress on his first word. "It wasn't Dong Hyun hyung's rescue that we were doing. We were there to kidnap Changjo. THAT was the plan. AND, it's not only you who didn't listen. We did, too. Young Min hyung even knocked Changjo out cold."

 

"That's right, but-"

 

"No 'buts', hyung. If Hyun Seong hyung hears about this, he'll tell you the same things I told you. Quit wallowing in self-pity. We were all with fault."

 

'Aish, this kid,' thought Jeong Min. Out loud, he said, "Yah, I'm your hyung. Why are you scolding me?"

 

"BECAUSE, hyung. I know I've no right, but you're acting really childish now," explained Kwang Min.

 

'Kid's really got a point,' Jeong Min thought again. "Fine, fine, let's got out of this dismal place."

 

"It won't be when Dong Hyun hung comes back," said Kwang Min.

 

"You think we'll get him back? What if he chooses to stay with Teen Top?" 

 

Kwang Min stopped dead. He turned to face me with his eyeballs popping right out of his skull. 

 

"He. Will. Come. Back. Hyung, do you have that little faith in our leader? Do you have that little faith in US?" said Kwang Min. His voice held fear, but Kwang Min tried to hide it. "I'll smack him one if he ever does choose to stay with Teen Top, even if he is my hyung."

 

Jeong Min laughed. "I'm just kidding. I just wanted to get you thinking."

 

"Not funny, hyung. Seriously, it was NOT funny," muttered Kwang Min.

 

Jeong Min watched Kwang Min get out into the dorm ahead of him. 'Could his fantasy be possible?' he thought. The he shook his head. 'NO! It will NOT be possible. I've failed many times. Never again.'