Several Incidents Happen at Once

I Have Twice a Problem

When CAP had gone into his room and Kwang Min was done with the dishes, the boys turned off all the lights in the house except for a reading light in the living room. They sat in a circle and spoke in quiet voices.

 

"Ok, everybody, what have we here?" asked Jeong Min.

 

"Don't ask," said Young Min still miserable. "Not a single mistake."

 

"Gwenchana, Young Min-ah. You're not the only one," said Jeong Min.

 

"Not me," said Minwoo excitedly. "Dong Hyun hyung and I had watched a play about the story I shared tonight. Later, he told me the similar words I used: I would've picked the girl. We could reach for our dreams together."

 

"Score one for the maknae, then," said Jeong Min.

 

"I got one, too," said Kwang Min. "Actually, two."

 

"Uh-huh?" said Young Min.

 

"Number one: the way that guy looked when I asked about his fingers. At first he didn't know what I was talking about," said Kwang Min.

 

"Silveria?" asked Minwoo.

 

"Yup. And number two: did you see how careless he talked about Silveria? That guitar was his first, his childhood one that helped him with many songs."

 

All the others nodded in agreement. 

 

"I have another one from Kwang Min hyung's story," said Minwoo. "Don't you remember that Dong Hyun hyung always took Silveria out of his CLOSET every SUNDAY to tune and polish her?"

 

"That's right! Why didn't I think of that..." said Kwang Min.

 

Jeong Min carefully and shyly turned to Hyun Seong. "Hey man, you got anything for us?"

 

Hyun Seong took a while before answering. "I've got three."

 

Everyone fell silent as they waited in tension for what Hyun Seong found out.

 

"One: he actually believed that the story I told was a simple English class composition." Hyun Seong's voice faltered a bit on the part about the story.

 

"Two: The impostor gave me a tragic ending. Dong Hyun hyung hates tragic stories."

 

"Three: The impostor told me he didn't pity the little boy. Dong Hyun obviously did, because I am here right now."

 

The three mistakes gave the boys a peek in Hyun Seong's past. This confirmed their guesses a while ago that it was Hyun Seong's first meeting with Dong Hyun that he was talking about.

 

"That was awesome, hyung," said Minwoo in an awed voice.

 

To everyone's surprise, Hyun Seong cracked a smile that hasn't been seen for great while now. "So, I won, right?"

 

"Good to have you back, Hyun Seong-ah," said Jeong Min.

 

"Good to have YOU back, Jeong Min-ah," said Hyun Seong.

 

The rest concealed their cheers as the two bestfriends shared a manly hug.