In Teen Top's Dorm's Basement

I Have Twice a Problem

Let's go a few nights back, right after Boyfriend went home. CAP stormed to their basement and threw Dong Hyun out of his case, startling him from his sleep.

 

"OW!" yelped Dong Hyun.

 

"Yah, listen up!" yelled CAP.

 

"What now?"

 

"You're little boys went here IN THIS VERY ROOM and kidnapped Changjo!" said L. Joe, seeing as his hyung was too full to answer.

 

"They-They what?" said Dong Hyun. 'They were actually here?!'

 

"You heard him right," said Chunji.

 

Dong Hyun tried to keep his cool. "And so? It's not like I called them. It's your problem if they got Changjo."

 

"That's not the point, smart guy! I bet they went here to rescue you, but since Changjo came in, they got him as hostage instead," said Niel.

 

"And so?" said Dong Hyun.

 

"And so now you're gonna have an extra guard here every 12 hours. I just know those boys will be back," said CAP, recovering just a bit.

 

"You do that. So you've been living with them enough to know they will and won't do, huh?" said Dong Hyun.

 

"Shut up. Lock him up again. Ricky, you guard tonight," said L. Joe.

 

CAP, Chunji, and L. Joe went back up while Ricky put Dong Hyun back in his "cell." Once the job's done, he sat himself across the room and refused to turn the lights off. He just put his knees to his chest and hugged them, looking unmistakably sullen.

 

Dong Hyun's POV:

 

Everyday, I see these two kids be pushed around and abused by their hyungs. Maybe it's been good that Changjo has left with my friends. Surely, he'll be safer there, if they hadn't gone completely nasty. Now little Ricky here is left all alone. Poor kid. I should talk to him.

 

Narrator's POV:

 

Dong Hyun lifted his head up and called out to Ricky. "Hey, kid. You're name's Ricky, right?"

 

Ricky let our a scoff. "You've been living with us pretty long now, so if you get my name wrong, it's your problem."

 

'Tough kid,' thought Dong Hyun. Out loud, he said, "You ok?"

 

Ricky actually hesitated before answering. 'Bingo,' thought Dong Hyun.

 

"Y-Yeah, sure, why not?" said Ricky.

 

"They like pushing you around, don't they?"

 

"Duh, we're the maknaes. We have to follow our hyungs out of respect."

 

"That last part's right. But they can't be that mean. I'm not like that to Boyfriend and they respect me all the same."

 

"So you're saying that what CAP hyung taught us about respect is wrong?"

 

"You can't follow everything they say. You have to have your own mind sometimes. What CAP told you was partly wrong and partly right."

 

Ricky didn't answer for a while. Dong Hyun started feeling he has fallen asleep.

 

"I wonder how Changjo is now..." said Ricky in a dazed, kind of in-a-trance voice.

 

"I'm sure he's fine with my friends," said Dong Hyun gently.

 

"Friends... What's that?"

 

"It's a bunch of people you feel good around with and who feel good around you. You may quarrel sometimes, but they would never belittle or mistreat you. They care for you and your well-being. They're always there for you."

 

Ricky kinda snapped out of his daze. "Ew. It sounds so girly." Dong Hyun hinted a little amusement in his voice.

 

Dong Hyun laughed lightly. "Seriously, though, it's the same for both boys and girls."

 

"If they care for me... then does that mean you're a friend?"

 

Dong Hyun had to smile at that. "I am, if you want me to."

 

Ricky got up and sat by Dong Hyun. To Dong Hyun's surprise, Ricky cut off his bonds.

 

"Ricky! You're gonna get in trouble!"

 

"Not if we get away quickly." Ricky paused. "Right. You DO care for me. You ARE a friend. CAP hyung and the others were not. I'm sorry if they-including me-mistreated you. It was wrong."

 

"You can tell me and the others that later. Let's go!" With that, the newfound allies-and friends-went out into the brightening night.

 

When the sun was up and Niel went down to relieve Ricky and feed Dong Hyun, all that was waiting for him was cut ropes and an open basement door.