Seeing Your Point of View

I Have Twice a Problem

 

 

Dong Hyun didn’t know how he could face the team. By now the twins would’ve told Jeong Min, Hyung Seong, and Minwoo what he has done, what he was doing.

 

Dong Hyun took a deep breath, and pushed the door open.

 

Inside, his band mates were stretching and practicing minor dance moves that they don’t really understand at the moment. Dong Hyun examined each of their faces, but they seem… normal.

 

He scrutinized the twins’ faces. They still look sullen, unchanging.

 

“Yah, hyung, what are you doing just standing there?” Hyun Seong called.

 

“I… what?” he replied, a little disoriented. “Oh, uh, neh.”

 

He changed into his practice clothes and played their song on the player.

 

“Positions, people,” he said softly, trying to take charge, but with utmost humility. He can’t betray his teammates then act all bossy after. It doesn’t feel right.

 

They danced flawlessly. Dong Hyun noticed the twins behaving just fine.

 

‘Didn’t they tell?’ Dong Hyun thought.

 

Later, at break time, he carefully approached them. When they saw him they gave him disapproving looks.

 

“If you hate me so much, why didn’t you tell them about what I did?” he asked.

 

“It won’t do any good to the team,” said Young Min simply.

“We won’t let personal things bother our career,” added Kwang Min.

 

“But don’t let that make you think we’ve forgiven you. It’s still so far from that,” said Young Min.

 

Dong Hyun somehow felt relieved that they didn’t tell the other boys.

 

“I want to talk to you two about this later. Would you let me?” he asked.

 

Young Min looked at his younger brother. Kwang Min only shrugged.

 

“Thanks,” said Dong Hyun. “I’ll see you at the car park.”

At home…

 

“Jeong Min-ah, could you cook dinner tonight? Jebal?” Dong Hyun asked.

 

“Arasso, hyung,” replied Jeong Min.

 

Dong Hyun went out into the car park and stood by their car. Soon, the twins came too.

 

“You wanted to talk,” said Young Min tonelessly.

 

“Yeah, I…” said Dong Hyun awkwardly as he rubbed the back of his neck. “Look, Young Min-ah, I think I finally understand your point of view, the one about being Starship’s most precious band?”

 

“That was Min Hee’s idea,” he said.

 

“Yeah. I want us to do that too. I want us to have freedom,” said Dong Hyun.

 

“What’s your point, hyung?” asked Kwang Min angrily. “You’ll agree to do the plan so you could have Hana?!”

 

“I like her too, Kwang Min-ah,” he said weakly and quietly.

 

“You wouldn’t have met her if it weren’t for me! And I’ve always wanted her!” Kwang Min yelled. Angry tears started forming in his eyes. When they were too much to hold, they tumbled down Kwang Min’s smooth cheeks.

 

“What are you going to do about CJ, then?” asked Dong Hyun. He was getting frustrated.

 

“I didn’t tell you, did I? CJ told me that she has a boyfriend, and nobody but Han Mi, her family, and I know! I’m just like Young Min hyung, only I’ve got no hope at all. CJ and I don’t even click. What about Min Ah noona?”

 

“I never liked her,” said Dong Hyun coldly.

 

“The world isn’t like that, hyung!” snapped Young Min. “People aren’t like sketches that you throw away when you don’t like them!”

 

“I know who I want and don’t want. And I want Hana, not Min Ah. So, Kwang Min-ah, I’ll see you at the finish line.”

 

Kwang Min almost lost himself and almost aimed a punch at Dong Hyun’s face if his twin hadn’t pulled him back forcefully.

 

“You can’t do that to my brother! You’re the one with fault here and now you act like you have a right to steal anything or anyone from Kwang Min! You’re so greedy! You’ve no problem with Min Ah at all but just because you don’t like her you claim my brother’s target! How heartless could you get?!” Young Min yelled.

 

Dong Hyun shrugged and walked back to the dorm. Behind him, Kwang Min bellowed and threw curses at him.

 

“I hate you! I HATE YOU! Do you hear me?! You’re the worst person I’ve ever met! I hate you, Kim Dong Hyun!!!”

 

Dong Hyun never turned back. He smirked as he took his phone and dialed a number.

 

“Yoboseyo?” said a young man’s voice from the other line.

 

“Phase 1 of Operation: Destruction finished and well done,” said Dong Hyun. He put his phone in a position where whoever he was calling can hear Kwang Min’s yells.

 

The man laughed in a sinister way. Then he seemed to be talking to another person. “Did you hear that? Your Jo twins hate you now! Your precious little band will be out of our way soon!”

 

Another voice, a more desperate and rare voice yelled from the phone. “Kwang Min-ah! Young Min-ah! Don’t do this! Don’t believe this impostor!” The voice suspiciously sounded a lot like Dong Hyun.

 

“Too bad! They can’t hear you!” Then the line went dead.

 

Dong Hyun [or is it?] smirked. “Two down, three to go,” he said darkly as he went back into the dorm. Then his phone beeped.

 

A message. From one of his colleagues.

 

“Chalhanda, CAP hyung,” was what the message said. The caller ID was Niel.