Secret Mission

I Have Twice a Problem

 

“What dorm?” asked CAP again.

 

“Sistar’s dorm. We caught something up in the net. They say they live close by,” said Jeong Min. It was a smooth lie, but Hyun Seong caught a hint of nervousness in his voice. Hyun Seong prayed the impostor didn’t notice.

 

He didn’t. “Sistar noonas? Why do you want to know where they live? Don’t you already know?”

 

“Nope. We’re deprived of our own company mates’ living apartments,” said Hyun Seong. He took the impostor’s benefit of ignorance.

 

 

“Oh well, ok,” said the impostor and shrugged. He retreated in his room.

 

Once he was really gone, Jeong Min and Hyun Seong breathed a huge sigh of relief. Their hearts had been thumping violently against their rib cages but they let none of that show.

 

“We were almost caught there,” said Jeong Min.

 

“Next time, remind me to take our work in my room. At least I share it with an accomplice,” said Hyun Seong.

 

“It’s not my fault Dong Hyun hyung shared the room with me then goes and lets himself be kidnapped!” said Jeong Min.

 

Hyun Seong took a deep, controlling breath. Jeong Min realized he had gone too far.

 

“Mianhae,” mumbled Jeong Min.

 

“Gwenchana. It’s not wise to lose our cool now,” said Hyun Seong.

 

“Let’s have the maknae line look into the dorm. We could give the faker that they’re in school. IF he does ask where they are,” suggested Jeong Min.

 

“You wanna risk them?” asked Hyun Seong.

 

“They look less conspicuous and more innocent, we can’t deny that. Besides, we won’t let them go in the dorm. They’ll just scout it for us.”

 

“A couple of kids won’t be missed when they’re just hanging out in front of the dorm,” said Hyun Seong, considering.

 

“We’ll pull them out of school for the whole day tomorrow.”

 

“They’ll be thrilled,” smirked Hyun Seong.

 

When the kids got home, Jeong Min called them into Hyun Seong and Minwoo’s room.

 

“What’s up, hyung?” asked Young Min.

 

“SH! Is the faker out there?” asked Hyun Seong.

 

“He’s in the living room. What’s going on?” asked Young Min again.

 

“How’d you guys like to be absent from school for a whole day?” asked Jeong Min.

 

The maknaes’ eyes rounded. “Jinjjayo?!”

 

“Woah. Back up. What on earth is going on here?” said Kwang Min.

 

“We discovered a whole lot of stuff yesterday. The faker left his phone, so we scrolled through it. We saw a name that frequently came up in his phone. We searched and…” said Jeong Min explained, only to be stopped by Hyun Seong.

 

“Long story short, our faker is another debuting idol from another company: TOP Media,” concluded Hyun Seong.

 

 

“And… they’re trying to top us? Are we that big a threat?” said Minwoo.

 

“I know right?” said Jeong Min. “It’s cool to know that, huh?”

 

“And you need us out of school because…?” prodded Young Min.

 

“We also found out where their dorm is. We need you guys to check it out. Dress casually, not attention-grabbing,” said Jeong Min.

 

“Aweseome! Anything to get out of school!” said Kwang Min.

 

“Just don’t tell Dong Hyun hyung about this when he gets back. He hates it when you guys skip school,” said Hyun Seong.

 

“The real one?” asked Minwoo.

 

“Of course the real one. The fake doesn’t care a bit about you. His group is out to destroy us!” said Jeong Min.

 

“We’ll do it!” said Young Min.

 

The next day, the kids got out of the house in their uniforms. They walked leisurely to a café around the block. Jeong Min sent each a text saying the faker didn’t follow them. Young Min, Kwang Min, and Minwoo shared smiles and got dressed as your usual teenagers out for a walk. They went by the directions Hyun Seong texted them. Finally, they arrived at a two-story off-white apartment. They checked out the all the entrance and exit points, plus extra details. They also noticed a little door on the ground, probably leading to the basement.

 

When they’ve gotten all the info they needed and texted into both Jeong Min’s and Hyun Seong’s phones, they went to the mall for a treat. As they were relaxing on some easy chairs, a really familiar voice called out to Kwang Min.

 

“Kwang Min-ah, what are you guys doing here?”