Let's Convince Hyun Seong Hyung

I Have Twice a Problem

 

While the twins were at Sowon’s place, Minwoo had stayed in the room he shared with Hyun Seong. Minwoo sat in his own bed reading, but one of his eyes he kept on his hyung who was slumped on the floor and leaning on his bed. He wasn’t moving, but he was still breathing, fortunately. The air grew so tense until Minwoo couldn’t take it anymore.

 

“Hyung?”

 

No response. Not even a flicker from his eyes.

 

“Hyun Seong hyung?”

 

Still nothing.

 

Minwoo crawled from his bed and onto the floor. He carefully inched his way near his Hyun Seong hyung, yet not that close, lest Hyun Seong hit him or something.

 

“Hyun Seong hyung, I know you can hear me. I have something to say. Kwang Min hyung, Young Min hyung, and J-Jeong Min hyung have been talking a while ago.”

 

Hyun Seong still didn’t move at the sound of Jeong Min’s name. Minwoo decided to go on.

 

“We came to a conclusion that the guy out there living with us is not the real Dong Hyun hyung.”

 

Minwoo suddenly felt Hyun Seong tense up, although he didn’t really see it.

 

“J-Jeong Min hyung came up with a plan. Do you want me to share it with you?”

 

Then Hyun Seong finally spoke in an angry, raspy voice as though he was keeping tears inside. “Jeong Min’s plans never work. The last one…”

 

“Just hear it out. Do you have any memories shared with Dong Hyun hyung and hyung only?”

 

“Other than the basketball episode? I think I do.”

 

“That’s great! Well, Jeong Min hyung will be preparing dinner later where we can sit all together and talk. Ask the impostor anything about the memory. If he gives a wrong answer, don’t react or look at any of us knowingly. We’ll talk it over after dinner. What do you say?”

 

For a while Hyun Seong said nothing. HE had closed his eyes while Minwoo was talking. Minwoo feared he had fallen asleep. But his mouth moved while his eyes remained close.

 

“I hate Jeong Min. Why should I believe him? The impostor thing must be the silliest thing he’s ever thought of.”

 

“Kwang Min hyung thought it was silly too. But he decided to go along with it. Do you think Dong Hyun hyung would deliberately try to hurt you?”

 

Hyun Seong’s smooth forehead crumpled slightly in a frown, not of anger, but of thought. It grew smooth again.

 

“No,” he said very softly, “I don’t think he would.”

 

“Jeong Min hyung really misses you, hyung. He doesn’t hate you. He’s just very, very sad. We all are.”

 

At this Hyun Seong’s shoulders softened as tears gushed out of his closed eyes.  Minwoo crawled close enough to wipe Hyun Seong’s tears and to caress his hair.

 

“T-Thanks, Minwoo-yah,” said Hyun Seong in a throaty voice.

 

Minwoo smiled. “Anytime, hyung.”

 

He has succeeded, and without injuries too.