Results of a Decision

I Have Twice a Problem

 

All afternoon the air was awkward between the 6 kids. Hana was getting guiltier by the minute. All afternoon she has tried to have a word with Hankyung, but he always waved her off or shook her away. So at the end of the last period, she set her face and grabbed Hankyung's arm before he could leave the room. And she wouldn't let go.

 

"Hana-yah, let go of me! What do you want? I have training to do," Hankyung said. He tried to shake off her steel-like grip, but to no avail.

 

"No! You're not going anywhere until I have said what I wanted! We may be fraternal twins but I'm the older half and I'm STILL your older sister. So you're staying here because I said so," Hana blurted out. She let go of his wrist but stood stock-still in front of him.

 

"I don't have time for this. I have training to do." Hankyung made his way toward the door but Hana pinned him on the wall. Hankyung may be taller but Hana is a more experienced and stronger fighter.

 

"I do too. Listen to me, Hankyung-ah!" Hana insisted. Hankyung blew his bangs off his face and took a deep breath.

 

"Say it and get it over with."

 

"Look, Hankyung-ah, I'm sorry, ok? I know I promised. But, honestly, I really wanted to see how far it would take for you to fight for Sowon."

 

"You think I don't?!" Hankyung lost his cool and yelled.

 

"I didn't... I don't know!"

 

"I do! I do what I can! You know I will! You know I do!" Hankyung pushed Hana. She let him and she fell on the floor.

 

"What do I have to do for you to forgive me? Will hitting me be fine? Do what you want! Just forgive me! Because I am so sorry! I can't stand us being like this!" Hana yelled back.

 

Hankyung stood over Hana, his hand poised above his head. Hana lowered her head and expected the blow. It didn't come. Instead, Hankyung's knees fell beside her and he hugged her.

 

"Noona... Noona, I'm sorry... Life's hard, for me... Help me..." Hankyung whispered on her shoulder.

 

Hana smiled, relieved. "I'll always be here for you, brother. Always." She slung her arms around his shoulders.

 

Meanwhile, Sowon and Siwon had started training while Hana and Hankyung were in the room. And even they were still quiet. Siwon, like Hana, started feeling weird. So he caught up with Sowon on her water break.

 

"Yah."

 

Sowon looked up at him, water dripping from . Siwon chuckled.

 

"You're still so childlike," said Siwon.

 

"What do you want?" Sowon asked him in a straight and cold tone.

 

"Is that how you talk to oppa?" Siwon cooed, trying to coax her into staying in her good side. When Sowon gets mad, it's not pretty. But his efforts were not working.

 

"What do you want?"

 

Siwon took a deep breath. "Ok, here's this. How do you feel now?"

 

Sowon's face changed. She raised an eyebrow. "Mwo?"

 

"You know what I mean."

 

Sowon paused. Her ears reddened. "Can't this wait until we're home? My break's not that long."

 

"Make me a deal, then. Promise me that we'll talk about this at home. Ok?" Siwon pulled his little sister in for a light hug. Sowon's shoulders relaxed.

 

"Neh, oppa."

 

Sowon went back to running. Siwon took a moment, and went to resume his own training.

 

Elsewhere, Kwang Min and Young Min were with their own team, Boyfriend, in a practice room outside school. Their other friends don't go their school, but they were aware of the friends the twins made.

 

"Young Min-ah. Young Min-ah!"

 

Young Min opened his eyes. He was lying on his back on the smooth wooden floor. The other members were standing around him, except his brother.

 

"Young Min-ah, gwenchana?" Dong Hyun asked.

 

"Neh," Young Min answered tonelessly.

 

"I don't think so," Hyun Seong said, raising an eyebrow.

 

"Did something happen in school, hyung? Were the other students mean to you? We did tell you it was a bad idea transfering," Minwoo said.

 

Young Min hesitated before saying, "No, it's not about that."

 

"I don't think so. Yah, Kwang Min-ah! What's with your brother?" Dong Hyun called to Kwang Min, who was in the same position as his twin, only at the other end of the room.

 

Kwang Min looked towards them, disoriented, and was like, "Mwo?"

 

"What's with you guys today?" Jeong Min asked. No one asnwered him.

 

"You guys better tell me what's wrong right now or else!" Dong Hyun demanded. "Jo Kwang Min, get over here! Jo Young Min, get up!"

 

The boys sat in a circle and waited for what the twins have to say. No one spoke for a few seconds.

 

"What? You guys, spill, or I'll do something funny!" Dong Hyun demanded again. "Kwang Min, let's start with you."

 

"Like it's his problem," muttered Young Min.

 

"What?" Minwoo asked. Young Min shook his head.

 

"Yeah, Young Min hyung's right. It's not my problem, it's more like his," said Kwang Min sarcastically. "It's true isn't it, hyung?"

 

"It's your fault! We shouldn't have gone that far!" Young Min blurted out.

 

"But you had no intention on doing it, did you? Don't tell me you did!"

 

"If you didn't say those things about me, I wouldn't have been pressured! I wouldn't have started in the first place! And no, I had no intention whatsoever."

 

"Chalhanda! So what's your problem now?"

 

"I don't know! What's YOUR problem?"

 

"Ok, shikkuro!!!" Jeong Min yelled over the twin's voices. "Tell us exactly what the heck's going on here."

 

"Young Min tried to kiss Sowon," Kwang Min said bluntly.

 

"What?!" Dong Hyun bursted. "You know VERY WELL that you, we, can't see any other people!"

 

"Yeah! And you know very well why!" said Hyun Seong. "Our lives depend on it!"

 

"It was a stupid dare! Kwang Min made me do it!" Young Min yelled.

 

"You complied! You really wanted to, didn't you?" Kwang Min shot back.

 

"Did not!"

 

"You're a really bad liar."

 

"Am not! And I didn't want it!"

 

"Did too!"

 

"Did not!"

 

"Did too!"

 

"Did not!"

 

"Enough, you two!" Dong Hyun yelled over their voices. "When are you ever gonna grow up?"

 

The twins glared at each other and sat back, huffing out clouds of air. Their hyungs, plus Minwoo, sighed. These fights are getting more and more frequent.

 

"Ok, we get that it's a dare," began Jeong Min.

 

"Actually, the dare was just to make Hankyung jealous. He didn't really have to lean that close," said Kwang Min and smirked. HIs twin shot him a death glare and rolled his hand into a fist, but Minwoo took hold of that.

 

"Why you-!" said Young Min.

 

"Kwang Min, don't start. Young MIn, hold your temper," said Hyun Seong.

 

Dong Hyun sighed. "Guys, do you remember that day we started training under Starship's academy?"

 

--flashback--

 

Dong Hyun, Jeong Min, Hyun Seong, Minwoo, and the twins have been best friends for as long as they can remember. The 6 boys were all talented in singing and dancing. They shared a same wish to be stars and be famous one day, and to be that together. They have performed for their neighborhood and joined small competitions where they always bring home the price.  It was in that kind of competition did the founder of Starship discovered them. He had asked to meet the 6 boys and their parents in the twins house.

 

"These boys," began the founder, "were outstanding performers and I think this is what we're looking for in our academy."

 

"What is this academy?" Dong Hyun asked.

 

"We train kids with potential like you to someday be a famous kpop group. Have you ever heard of Super Junior, SHINee, and Girl's Generation of SM Entertainment?"

 

All boys nodded their heads.

 

The founder continued. "You will get to meet and work with them once you finish your training and debut."

 

After quite some time of conversation, their parents agreed to let them train under Starship's academy. Their training will start next week.

 

On the day they start training, the founder met up with them again.

 

"Ok, boys, being a star is a tough business. I have to ask you: How much do you want to be a star?"

 

"So much, ahjusshi," Jeong Min said. "We've always wanted to be known around. We idolize Super Junior a lot and we want to be like them. But whatever we end up to be, we want to stay together as a group."

 

"And we have to help our parents earn money..." Minwoo said sadly.

 

"Chalhanda. Starship is also a new company. In this company, we strictly forbid getting our stars together with the others' performers, like SM, YG, or JYP. You must marry someone from your own company."

 

The boys were stunned and surprised. They looked uneasily at each other. Hyun Seong spoke their mind.

 

"Ahjusshi, we're too young to think of marriage right now. Minwoo and the twins are only 13," he said politely.

 

"We can't have any relation to another star from another company, but how about an ordinary girl?" Jeong Min asked.

 

"You can't, either. Even now, some of my staff are keeping an eye out for young ladies fit for each of you. You must agree to my deal or you'll have to forgot about stardom. And just to let you know, no other company will take you in because they have enough groups in their hands now. And not a word to your parents, either. You tweet, and career's over."

 

Fearfully, all the boys nodded. The founder smiled [not a very kind smile] and bid them good morning and left.

 

--end of flashback--

 

"So, Young Min-ah, do you get why we're so upset?" Dong Hyun said. "Jeongmal mianhae, but you must not give in to that Sowon girl. Practice ajorned. Let's go home."

 

While the boys packed their stuff, both the twins were quiet. Not only was this Young Min's problem, but also Kwang Min's. If Young doesn't have a chance with Sowon, so is he without a chance at Hana.

 

At the Choi residence, the siblings have just eaten dinner. They were hanging out at Sowon's bedroom.

 

"Sowon-ah, you owe me a confession," her oppa said. Sowon sighed.

 

"What was that you wanted to know again, oppa?" Sowon asked, exasperated.

 

"I want to know how you feel. Gwenchana?"

 

"Neh, oppa."

 

"Sowon-ah, you know what I mean."

 

"About... About this afternoon, you mean?" Sowon grew red. "M-Molla... Jeongmal molla..." But as quickly as she got red, her normal color came back. "But I don't really care. He can do what he wants, as long as it's allowed. It doesn't matter, really. I don't feel anything weird."

 

"Why is that?"

 

"It's just Young Min. If it were Dongrin I could spazz for the entire week. If it were Hankyung... I'd throw him a yard."

 

"Hana's not gonna like that."

 

"Ok, kire?"

 

Siwon left the conversation there and walked towards the door. Before he went out, he said, "It's nice to know you're ok. Sleep well, sis."