How Could You?!?!

I Have Twice a Problem

 

When Dong Hyun got home, it was around 10 pm. But he could still hear the boys’ playful banter inside the dorm. When he got in, their resident interviewer Jeong Min questioned him at once.

 

“Yah, hyung, where have you been?”

 

“I just drank a cup of coffee with a friend,” he answered nonchalantly. It wasn’t a lie. “What about you guys?”

 

“The usual. Hung out with the girls, then go home afterwards. Why don’t we have practice today?” replied Hyun Seong.

 

“I didn’t feel like it,” said Dong Hyun with a careless shrug.

 

“Mwo?! What did manager hyung say about this?” Young Min asked, surprised by their leader’s careless behavior.

 

“Nothing. I call the practice sessions, not him. And besides, we’re doing great so far. Don’t you guys wanna rest?”

 

“But… We have a tour in the next couple of months. We need to be ready,” reasoned Kwang Min.

 

“We are ready. Don’t you think so? You have so little faith in us, Kwang Min-ah.”

 

Jeong Min approached Dong Hyun and put his hand on his forehead, then on his own. Then he squinted at Dong Hyun.

 

“Yah, I’m not sick!” complained Dong Hyun.

 

“Then…” said Jeong Min, and then gasped. “What did you do to our leader?!?”

 

“This is me, Jeong Min-ah.”

 

“You don’t act like you,” Kwang Min said, equally bewildered like the rest of his band mates.

 

Dong Hyun only shook his head.

 

“Where’s Minwoo?” he asked.

 

“Sleeping already, the little kid,” said Hyun Seong.

 

“What about you twins? You’re supposed to be in bed too. You have school tomorrow, don’t you?”

 

“It’s just 10 pm. Gosh. We can wake up anytime we wish, anyway,” said Young Min.

 

“Nope. I say you get to bed now. See you in the morning.”

 

With that, he banished the twins into their room. Although reluctant, they let themselves be pushed.

 

“Annyeonghi jumuseyo, hyung,” said Kwang Min before closing the door.

 

 

The next day, while having lunch in school, the twins stumbled upon information they didn’t like too well.

 

“Yah, Kwang Min-ah, how’s Dong Hyun oppa?” Hana asked.

 

“He was acting pretty weirdly last night, but otherwise he said he was fine. Wae?” Kwang Min replied.

 

“Did he tell you to spy on his crush today?”

 

“Mwo?” Young Min nearly choked on his food. “Dong Hyun hyung has a crush?!”

 

Hana frowned deeply. “He said he asks you two to tell him about her.” Now she was really confused.

 

“Isn’t Min Ah who he’s talking about?” asked Kwang Min.

 

“When did you guys get the chance to talk?” asked Young Min.

 

They spoke their questions at the same time.

 

“Woah woah woah! Calm down! For Kwang Min’s question, he didn’t mention Min Ah unnie at all. If it were her he would’ve told me because I know all about your fiances. For Young Min’s question, he picked me up from school yesterday and we hung out in Bi Cheui Café.”

 

The twins look confused now.

 

“Tell us what you guys talked about, starting from when he started talking about this ‘crush’,” Young Min said carefully.

 

Hana obliged. As the story slowly unfolded before the two, they grew angrier at Dong Hyun.

 

“Lastly, he drove me home,” concluded Hana.

 

When she looked up at the twins, their faces were indescribable. They looked mad and confused and hurt and betrayed all at the same time. Before Hana could ask what the matter was, the bell rang. The twins silently went into their classroom.

 

‘WELL, what was that?!’ Hana thought, then shrugged and went in too.

 

After school, Boyfriend has a practice session, so Dong Hyun drove by the school to pick the twins up. It surprised him that the twins were already at the gate when he arrived and they did NOT look happy. Not happy at all. They silently got into the car, their faces unchanging.

“What’s up with you guys? Hard day at school?” Dong Hyun asked.

 

None of them answered and just looked out the window. Dong Hyun shrugged then went on.

 

When they got to the practice room within their apartment, the twins hailed Dong Hyun before they got inside.

 

“Yah, what’s wrong with both of you today?” Dong Hyun asked again.

 

“How could you, hyung? How could you?!” yelled Kwang Min.

 

“Mwo? What’s this?”

 

“You were supposedly our ‘role model’. What’s all this, then?” said Young Min in a dark tone.

 

“What is going on?”

 

“Hana!” They yelled at the same time, causing the elder to back off from all the intense emotions the twins are belting out. If one could see their auras, the color would be evil purple.

 

“How did you find that out?!” Dong Hyun panicked.

 

“She asked us about you. She said something about you having a crush in our school. That fact can’t even exist!” Young Min said.

 

“Did she tell you my descriptions?!”

 

“She told us everything,” replied Kwang Min.

 

‘Oh, crap,’ thought Dong Hyun. ‘These dudes will immediately figure out the whole thing if they haven’t already done so!’

 

As if he can read his hyung’s mind, Young Min said, “We know who the girl is. Hana herself!”

 

“How long has this been going on in you?” Kwang Min asked.

 

“You forbade us to see any other girl and now you like our girl best friend?” Young Min said.

 

“You know I like her, hyung! But you force me to forget her! And now you crush on her?!”

 

“Same here! The fact about you crushing on another girl shouldn’t even be a fact at all!”

 

The twins went out venting their emotions, and Dong Hyun didn’t stop them. What they’re saying is true, anyway. He took every hurtful word they said. When they seemed to have exhausted their supply of complaints and lost their breaths, he tried to explain.

 

“Are you guys done?”

 

“Don’t explain anymore. We can’t stand being with you right now,” said Young Min coldly. When that guy is angry he can be so scary and as cold as ice.

 

“Traitor,” added Kwang Min. Same goes for his twin.

 

Dong Hyun felt stabbed by silver knives in the heart over and over. But he took it all without protest, because he knows he’s done wrong, especially to Kwang Min. He didn’t even try to use his rights as the group’s leader against Young Min and Kwang Min. He has indeed betrayed them. He has been unfair.

 

He stared at the twins’ backs as they went in the room and banged the door at his face.

 

‘I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.’