In Touch With Friends

I Have Twice a Problem

 

Meanwhile, Kwang Min and Young Min had taken a bus and are now walking to Sowon’s place, where they said they’d meet.

 

“Kwang Min-ah,” said Young Min.

 

“Hm?”

 

“Is it ok for you to go and see Hana today?”

 

“Wae?”

 

“You know, the whole Dong-Hyun-hyung-is-your-rival-to-her thing.”

 

Kwang Min paused. Then he smiled. “It’s ok now, That isn’t our Dong Hyun hyung. He’s only trying to make me hate the real Dong Hyun hyung. Frankly, for a moment, it worked. But now I know better.”

 

Young Min smiled back. “Arasso.”

 

Soon they got to Sowon’s. Sowon’s brother Siwon got the door.

 

“Oh! Kwang Min-ah! Young Min-ah! What brings you here?” he asked.

 

“We’re in a group with Sowon and Hana for the art project,” explained Young Min.

 

“Oh, jinjja? Come in, then.”

 

The Choi’s place was big, but not a mansion. Upon entering, you will see the living room in the center of a huge hall with two flights of stairs on either side, attached to the walls. AT the second floor were four doors, probably the bedrooms. On the right side of the first floor was the kitchen and dining area. On the left is a mini library.

 

“Annyeong!”

 

Sowon was running down the left stairs. She was carrying a box of random stuff.

 

“Yah, Sowon-ah, you might trip up!” Siwon said, appropriate of an elder brother.

 

“I’m fine, oppa,” she retorted and pouted. Young Min chuckled. Sowon looked at him.

 

“What?”

 

“Nothing,” he said quietly.

 

“Is Hana here? Have you started?” asked Kwang Min.

 

“We’re gathering the stuff and some ideas. Hana’s over there,” replied Sowon, pointing to the mini library. Hana has her nose buried in a book.

 

Kwang Min gave Young Min a knowing look, and Young Min bobbed his eyebrows at his brother.

 

Kwang Min quietly crept up behind Hana, then he swiftly put his hands over her eyes.

 

“Omo! Yah, who are you?” Hana demanded. She dropped her book and her captor’s hands.

 

“Guess,” whispered Kwang Min in Hana’s ear. The gestured tickled her and made her flinch.

 

“Aish, let go of me!” groaned Hana.

 

“Guess who I am and I’ll let you go, regardless if it’s right or wrong,” said Kwang Min in her ear again.

 

“Uhm… Kwang Min?”

 

Kwang Min loosened his grip on her eyes. Hana felt this and whipped around, only to find Kwang Min a nose away from her. Her cheeks burned unconsciously, but Kwang Min just laughed and touched her nose lightly with his finger.

 

“Aish, you!” yelled Hana. She tackled him until he had his hands over him for protection, but he was still grinning.

 

“What did you do that for?!” she yelled.

 

“Nothing, just for the fun of it!” Kwang Min said while laughing.

 

“Yah, stop it, you two. We have work to do,” called Sowon.

 

Hana got up and walked over to Sowon. Kwang Min caught up with her, tossed her hair, and ran ahead.

 

“Aish!”

 

Hana sat down beside Sowon and Kwang Min sat with Young Min.

 

“Yah, Sowon-ah,” called Siwon. “Yoonhee, Junho, and Hankyung are coming later too, arasso? Don’t bother us much.”

 

“We won’t. And don’t you ‘yah’ me. How many times have you done that today?” said Sowon. Siwon didn’t seem to hear as he jogged up to his room.

 

Young Min stared at the materials on the coffee table. Glue, paint, brushes, yarn, scrapbooking stuff, and a square board lay on it.

 

“What were we supposed to make again?” he asked.

 

“We’re going to make an artwork fit to donate in an orphanage,” explained Sowon.

 

For the next hour they were bent over the project. When Yoonhee, Junho, and Hankyung arrived, Hana stared at Yoonhee momentarily with sad eyes, and then went back to work. Kwang Min was too busy to notice, but Young Min did it for him.

 

“Hana-yah, gwenchana?”

 

“Bwoh?”

 

“I saw that, Hana-yah,” pressed Young Min.

 

“Sh! Later, arasso?”

 

After another half hour, the project was done. When you look at it, it’s all happy and kiddy and cheerful. The colors used were blended well.

 

“If we don’t get a high grade for this one, sonsaengnim must be blind,” said Kwang Min.

 

The others nodded in agreement.

 

“Let’s clean up,” suggested Sowon.

 

After cleaning up, Sowon’s umma descended from the second floor.

 

“Oh, hello. Have you kids eaten?” she asked.

 

“Omo! We were so busy with the project, we forgot to eat lunch!” exclaimed Hana.

 

“Gwenchana. I’ll just prepare some ramyeon for all of you. Sowon-ah, call your oppa. Tell him to bring his guests down to eat in 15 minutes.”

 

Sowon got up from the floor and ascended the stairs. Kwang Min went to check out the mini library. Young Min took this opportunity to ask Hana about her sad eyes a while ago.

 

“Hana-yah?”

 

“Neh?”

 

“Explain to me now.”

 

Hana sighed. “You’ve been missing out a lot, haven’t you? With band practices and your own girlfriends, you don’t even have time for your friends anymore.”

 

“So tell me what I’m missing.”

 

Hana sighed again before delving into the story. She told him how Siwon was developing deeper attraction to Yoonhee, and then she told him her secret crush on Siwon.

 

“Siwon is my friend, so I’ll accept his decisions, whatever they are,” concluded Hana.

 

Young Min had a frown on his face.

 

‘Kwang Min isn’t going to like this,’ he thought.

 

“Yah, Young Min-ah,” said Hana, breaking his train of thought.

 

“Hana-yah,” began Young Min, decided against it, and said, “Never mind.”

 

“What? What is it?”

 

“I said it was nothing.”

 

“Chow’s up!” called Sowon’s mom.