Stakeout

I Have Twice a Problem

 

Tomorrow night came slowly, but it finally came. It was a Friday night, so after school, the twins with Hana and Sowon quickly made their way to Boyfriend’s dorm. Minwoo was already there when they arrived.

 

“Is our faker here?” asked Hana in a low voice.

 

“Anii. He’s at their dorm. I dunno if that’s cool or spells danger,” said Hyun Seong.

 

“He didn’t suspect you, did he?” asked Sowon.

 

“Hopefully not. He’s still ignorant. We’ve been acting pretty well,” said Jeong Min.

 

“But this masquerade has to end soon,” said Young Min.

 

“Oh, gee, thanks a lot for reminding us that our debut date is less than a week,” said Kwang Min sarcastically. “Really appreciated.”

 

“What? It is?!” exclaimed Minwoo.

 

“The sooner we’re done with this, the better, arasso?” said Jeong Min as he fitted a dark beanie over his brown hair.

 

 

An hour later they were standing in front of Teen Top’s dorm. There were lights on upstairs. It was 7:00 pm. They silently followed the maknae line to the basement entrance they’ve seen yesterday. It had been covered with a whole lot of stuff. Jeong Min and Hyun Seong shared a glance and a thought.

 

‘Does this mean we’re expected?’ said Jeong Min in his head.

 

As if a response, Hyun Seong shook his head ‘no’, and helped the younger ones clear the entrance.

 

It squeaked a bit as they opened it, but with the sound of the cars passing, the noise was hardly noticeable. They all scrambled in, Young Min first and Hyun Seong last.

 

Inside was dark and damp. A narrow winding staircase led the group deeper and deeper into the ground. They only had two flashlights, for the leader and the tail. They silently made their way down, as even their footfalls echoed against the dark stone walls.

 

Hana shivered. Kwang Min rubbed her shoulders as he shot her a look of concern. Hana smiled and nodded her head.

 

Finally they arrived at the bottom. It was as dark as the staircase. The boys were warily looking around at the unseen while the girls rolled their eyes at them. Hana and Sowon went around, feeling things, until Sowon felt what felt like a switch. She flicked it and light filled the room.

 

“Ugh, how dusty. I only hope they don’t keep Dong Hyun oppa here,” said Hana, still in a low voice.

 

“Mhm,” agreed Sowon.

 

“Fan out. Search the corners. There’s got to be-” but Hyun Seong never got to finish his orders.

 

They all fell silent as they heard footfalls in the staircase.