Accomplices

I Have Twice a Problem

 

They all turned, their bodies shaking. When they saw the caller, they relaxed again immediately.

        

It’s only Hana and Sowon.

 

“Hana-yah,” said Kwang Min, warming up at once. “Just chilling.”

 

“You missed school to chill?” said Sowon. Then she saw Minwoo. “Minwoo-yah, annyeong. Did these two drag you out of school too?”

 

“Aniyo. We had to do something, er, important,” said Minwoo before noticing the twins’ warning looks.

 

“Yah. Are you guys keeping something from us?” said Sowon.

 

“N-No…” stuttered Kwang Min.

 

“Kwang Min-ah, I told your brother once that I can always spot a lie. Spit it out. It’s no good hiding,” said Hana. She grabbed a chair and sat with the boys.

 

Young Min took a deep breath before telling the girl the WHOLE story, how their lives had been away from school. But he left out his and Kwang Min’s crush on the two girls. It wasn’t a lie, and thankfully Hana didn’t notice it.

 

“An impostor?!” said Sowon. “Wow, is that possible?”

 

“Obviously it is since their living with one now,” said Hana.

 

“And you were checking out your suspects’ dorm?” asked Sowon.

 

The boys nodded.

 

“How could they get away with taking Dong Hyun oppa and pretending to be him?” said Sowon.

 

“They won’t. Not anymore,” said Minwoo.

 

“We trust you guys, alright? Keep this to yourselves and yourselves only,” said Young Min.

 

“You got it,” said Sowon.

 

“Yeah,” mumbled Hana.

 

“Hana noona, you ARE gonna keep it, right?” Minwoo asked.

 

“Of course. I was just thinking… I want to help. And I’ve a plan,” said Hana.

 

“That fast?” said a surprised Kwang Min.

 

“You better come home with us, then,” said Young Min.

 

The kids caught a bus and ran home as fast as possible. They almost knocked into their faker at the door.

 

“D-Dong Hyun hyung!” said Young Min. The other two boys’ eyes rounded.

 

“Eh? Annyeong. Nice day for a visit, isn’t it? I’ll be going to visit my friends today too,” said CAP/Dong Hyun.

 

“A-Arasso,” said Kwang Min. He ushered the girls in as Dong Hyun walked away from the dorm.

 

“Eh? Who’s there?” called Jeong Min from the kitchen. He came out and the girls bowed to him.

 

“Annyeonhaseyo, Jeong Min oppa,” said Sowon.

 

“Huh? What are you girls doing here?” said Hyun Seong as he came out of the room.

 

“Hyung, they could help us,” said Kwang Min.

 

“You-You didn’t TELL them, did you?” said Jeong Min, a hint of alarm in his voice.

 

“We did, hyung. But we can trust them. And they can help us,” said Minwoo.

 

“Oh, alright. Let’s talk,” said Hyun Seong. He led the group into the living room.

 

“So, Hana-yah, what have you got in mind?” asked Jeong Min.

 

“Well, I was thinking of this. Two can play at the game. They have one of ours, we get one of theirs,” said Hana. Direct, straight-to-the-point.

 

“O…k… How’s that?” asked Hyun Seong.

 

“We obviously can’t kidnap this dude you’re living with. He looks strong. Do you know anyone who’s a little easier to get?” said Sowon.

 

“How about Changjo? He may be tall, but he’s so thin,” said Young Min, picking up Changjo’s picture.

 

“Yeah, and also to prevent him from doing anything,” said Jeong Min.

 

"Wait. So you got your hostage. Where do we hide him?" asked Minwoo. "We don't have a basement. Teen Top does. I also bet that's where they're keeping Dong Hyun hyung."

 

"Oh, we have a basement," said Hyun Seong mischievously. They all watched as he approached a shelf and push it hard to the right, just enough so they could see a long dark tunnel leading downwards.

 

"Woah. Hyung, how did you know about that?" asked Kwang Min.

 

"Dong Hyun hyung shared it to me some time ago. It was too risky a fact to share and use as a test, so I didn't bring it up," explained Hyun Seong.

 

"Awesome!!" said Young Min with excitement. "So, when's the stake-out?"

 

Jeong Min smiled the same mishievous smile Hyun Seong had. "How about... tomorrow night?" He cast a look at Hana and Sowon, which Hana took to be an invitation to join in.

 

Hana smiled too. "You may thank us later."