Disaster

Let it go

Warning: Everything is fictious.

 

"Ugh!" I groaned. I just hit the bed. It's a weekend and I wanted to sleep early for my planned hiking the next day. My boss called and asked me to go over at Osaka dome. Some emergency thing. I pulled  on a sweat, grabbed my phone and headed out of my apartment.

"What's up?" I asked Nino. I knew him as part of the company.

"Something's wrong with the electrical wiring. I don't know. I checked everything. Looks okay though."

"Pull me up the electrical lay out." I  sat down beside Nino and waited as I turned up my ipad. "What exactly happened?"

"There was a sudden power outage  and won’t back in. The manager called me to look in." Nino answered.

"Looks like nothing is wrong." I checked the lay out and wiring. "I'm going to follow the main wiring. Please stand by the radio," I grabbed the flashlight and the ipad as I walked towards the main switch. I haven’t been far from the main switch board when I found the culprit. "Nino, second floor"  I radioed the team.

As soon as Nino came I showed him what caused the power shutdown. I studied and was shocked. Who could do this to a big facility like the dome? Nino and I went back to the office with the power backed up by generator.

"Is there a happening scheduled tonight?" I asked the people gathered around the office.

"There's a Kpop concert tomorrow," someone answered. I didn't check who it was.

"I suggest to inform them to cancel the concert.” I said.

"Cancel?" Someone reacted. "In 16 hours? That’s not possible. Is it really bad?"

"Super bad. I am going back and check with all the wirings but you better inform  the production."

I left Nino with the team to have a contact with. I really can't believe this happened and a concert was scheduled on the next  day.

I was startled by the voice. I was concentrated trying to figure if we can still push through with the concert.

"Accordingly you suggested to cancel the concert,"

I looked up. Ugh.. The face. He was pissed off obviously. "From my point of view, it’s for the best to cancel it. It's too risky."

“Do you have any idea what's been put up in here?" He was barking.

I didn't answer. I was trying to find a file from my phone.

"Do you even know who I am?"

I looked up. Egoistic. "Yes I do. Mr. Kwon jerkass Jiyong"

"What did you just..." He hit his forehead with his palm."As far as I know we haven't meet for you to call me jerkass." his voice was obviously mad.

"How long do we have before the concert?" I ignored him and  asked the crew instead

“16 hours" someone I assume from the organizer answered.

My mouth formed an O. I looked at Jiyong. I got up. "Someone must have hated your narcissistic gut to the extent of sabotaging your concert," I whispered.

"Sabo..what do you mean?"

"See this?" I showed him the photo I took with my phone. It's freshly cut by a sharp object. "There's no way we can fix that in 10 hours. That's why I am suggesting you to cancel the concert. This may cause fire. Plus it will be a heavily sound studded performance."

"I can't," Jiyong said and looked at the producer.

"I'm afraid Mr. Kwon, we have to cancel l the concert. It's for everybody's safety."

"No!" Jiyong insisted. "And who are you to judge things?"

I snarled. " As a..."

"I don't care! Do some thing. There's no way I am cancelling this concert,"

I rolled my eyes."Fine.  Then leave and let me do my job" I started to get annoyed.

"Did you just asked me to leave. Ya.. You don’t know who you are.." he stopped.

I saw from the reflection in my ipad that the producer held him back shaking his head. "if you want to make the concert happen. Leave her to figure but if he says you have to cancel it after an hour I’m afraid I can't do anything but to announce the cancellation."

"Who the hell is she? How important are her decision?"

"Not as famous as you but I can make thing happen. If you insist to continue with the concert you need to sign a waiver stating that you'll take responsibilities of the 50 thousand lives tonight." I in.

“I will."  He bragged and left.

"Hey Lee  Chan Young," I called a colleague as soon as Jiyong and his group left.

"It's early in the morning Jung Eunji," obviously I woke him up.

"Sorry handsome. I need you to get your to Osaka dome. We have an experiment to work on,"

"What experiment" he asked.

"Just come over here. See you in half an hour." I hang up. That will force him to drag his to the dome.. I walked to the office and walked into the organizer and Kwon Jiyong  who was still ing of not cancelling the  concert.

"Mr Kwon, it's my license on the line and I want you to sign the waiver to take care of my ashes if I get  roasted in there."

Kwon Jiyong laughed at my words.

"You think I am joking? After you're done signing, I'll…"

"What the hell is going on Jung?" A guy who obviously got up from bed barged in.

"Sorry about your good sleep," I stressed on the sleep. I know I woke him up from a  good sleep.

"Don't ask. What's up? Why..isn't that Gdragon?" He turned to the group at the corner.

"Yeah. They're having a concert..uh…in..” I checked my wristwatch. “14 hours. Someone rigged the electrical system. He's adamant to push thru the concert. I advised him to cancel it. The sound alone won't make it."

“Rigged?" Lee was shocked. I nodded. “Who would do that?

"Maybe someone who hates him. Ex girlfriend maybe." I snickered. "I asked him to sign waiver and he did it."

" heol! And?"

"Tape mission" I answered.

"Jung Eunji, no way," his eyes went wild.

"We did it in Seoul" I smiled.

"We're just lucky. You can't do it. Besides, this is a dome. It might blow up."

"We'll control the sounds and lighting."

"Oh my God Eunji.. No. I'm not going to be part of this crazy plan" Lee said.

"You won't resist the challenge Lee," I smirked.

"Dammit! Am going home to take shower. Pick me up for breakfast. I am assuming you’re going for shower,"

"Or should I say you can't resist me," I teased. “Call you when I leave home,”

"See you later," he was out of the room. I picked up my purse and made arrangement with the staff and crew.

"Rehearsal starts at 3," the organizer informed me. I just nodded.