....and she left....

Let it go

"I thought you said we're going to Jeju today." Eunji just got up and checked the time. "It's past 11 in the morning."

"Hmmmm... change plans. Too cold to go to Jeju. Hmmm, we're going somewhere."

Eunji rolled her eyes.

"You can shower while I make breakfast." Jiyong got up.

"Don't put anything in my pancakes and egg," Eunji reminded him.

"Yes, ma'am. What do you want for your latte. You want your regular?"

"Oh... I'll have the caramel with .... just the caramel. I'll add the almonds later. Thanks." she opened her closet.

Eunji emerged from the bedroom in time for Jiyong finishing up setting the table. "We could pass as husband and wife," Eunji chuckled.

"Aren't we?" Jiyong said in a teasing tone. "we could have been married by now if we wanted to."

"Here we go again. Let's not talk about that. We talked about it last night. You're helping me overcome this sickness."

"Okay. Okay. Take your seat," Jiyong pulled the chair for Eunji.

"Thank you. Oh... you put almonds? Thanks." Eunji admired the plate  infront of her. "Your wife will be lucky with this.."  Eunji stopped when she saw Jiyong scowled at her. "Let's eat."

"Dress warmly," Jiyong wrapped the scarf around Eunji's neck. It's supposed to be cold today."

Eunji gazed at him. "Can I drive?" Eunji tried to be cute.

But it didn't budge Jiyong. "No. Big No. You don't know where we're going anyways."

"And where are we going?" Eunji bugged. Eunji turned to Jiyong when they entered a burial site. "Uhhh.."

Jiyong parked and got off the car without saying anything. Eunji kept silent and just followed him. Eunji was wondering who they are visiting. 'his parents are alive.' she thought.

Jiyong placed the flowers they picked up at the shop at the grave. He made a deep bow.

"Kang Jimin." Eunji read the  name at the tombstone.

"Jung Eunji, this is Kang Jimin. Jimin-ah, I guess you've seen everything up there. This is Jung Eunji." Jiyong said softly.

Eunji could only look at him.

"Jimin-ah, please give us your blessing." Jiyong intertwined his fingers with Eunji and  made a bow.

Jiyong pulled Eunji who was standing frozen. "Let's go."

"Oh... ok."

"Jimin was my girlfriend. We hid it pretty well. We decided to get married when she turns 25. She passed away 3 years ago." Jiyong narrated as they walk back to the car.

Eunji was still silent. She's trying to process what is just happening. Before she knew it, the car stopped. She looked out side. Her brows creased. 'Charnel house? Who's here now? Another girlfriend? Oh my God! he had another deceaseed girlfriend?' her mind wandered. She was back to her trance when she heard the sound of the door closing. She scrambled and got out of the car. Jiyong was silent and led the way.

Jiyong took a deep breath when they stop at one section.

Eunji stared at the Photo. She's no ignorant not to know who are they visiting. Her mind raced. 'damn!'

"Eunji-ah, Kwon Seunghyun. He's my unborn child. Though we never know if it was a boy or a girl. I made up that it's a boy. Jimin always wanted a boy and she loved the name Seunghyun."

Eunji just nodded. She felt her body started to collapse. She held to a post and her eyes turned to the next urn. "Uh... is this section for unborn babies?" she asked Jiyong.

"huh?" Jiyong made a step to look at what Eunji was referring to.  His brows creased. "Baby Lee Shin? No way." He pulled up his phone and called someone. "Hey, princess."

"Oh..Jiyong oppa,"

"Lee Shin-ah, did you... I mean your baby." Jiyong doesn't know where to start.

"Oh... Are you at the charnel house? Hmmm..I decided to put it near baby Seunghyun. Hope you don't mind."

"Uh.. not at all. What happened. I hope it's not because of ..." Jiyong turned to Eunji. "When did it happened?"

"Uhm.. just few weeks ago."

"I'm sorry about your baby. I know how you feel." Jiyong sympathized.

"Thank you. I guess it's not for me."

"Think it positively. I'll let you go. Come and drop by at the studio sometime... Ah... I'll send tickets for our final concert in March. Bring Chae Won. I'll make sure TOP will shout out for her."

"Oh.. Great! Thanks!" both hang up.

"Jimin's bestfriend. She lost her baby not long ago," Jiyong explained.

Eunji thought she can't take the two revelation in less than an hour. She shivered. "I'm cold. Can we go home?"

"oh..." They walked out of the charnel house.

"Uhmmm.... Can you drop me at my place?" Eunji broke the silence.

Jiyong turned to her. "Your place? You mean your apartment?"

"hmmm."

"Eunji-ah... I... I...." Jiyong pulled over and turned to Eunji. "I'm sorry I told you about them just now."

Eunji nodded. "Hmmm.....Uh...It's okay. I just ...uhmmm. I need..."

Jiyong cut her. "I don't think that's a good idea. I'll stay at the guest room."

Eunji didn't argue. It was a silent drive home. Eunji went straight to the bedroom. 'Kang Jimin. SeungHyun.' Eunji shook her head. She's not processing everything yet. Jiyong's long time girlfriend passed away with their unborn child. They even planned to get married. wait. 2012? If she was still alive... They could be married by now.' She shook her head again. "Aish!!!" She jumped to the bed and rolled. "Jung Eunji, what were you thinking?" She picked the pillow and muffled himself.

"Ya!!ya!! Jung Eunji!" Jiyong just came in the bedroom and thought that Eunji was trying to suffocate herself. He pulled the pillow right away. "What the were you thinking?" he yelled at her.

Eunji was startled and  eyed Jiyong  as she got up. "What?"

"You're trying to kill yourself."

"What?! Kwon Jiyong."

"You're suffocating yourself."

Eunji scoffed and blow air from . " It's not once that you accused me of taking my life. For the umpteenth time, I am not that kind of person. I love my life to even think of... dying." her voice faded at the last words.

"But..."

"I want to be alone. Please." Eunji pleaded.

"About Jimin and my child. I know it was a shock to you. I'm sorry I haven't brought it up to you earlier." Jiyong sat by the couch instead. "I don't know where to start by then. Your opening up  yesterday gave me the courage and opportunity to tell you about them. She was behind most of the songs that I released but I never credited her. Everyone thought I wrote them but it was mostly her. No one knows about our relationship except for her best friends. TOP hyung and Youngbae found out  after our BigShow tour.  When we started our Electric love tour in Japan, Kiko and I became close. Kiko was  the diversion of my relationship with Jimin. Kiko knows about it. She was all support with our relationship." He paused and played with his fingers. "After the release of my album 'one of a kind', we found out she was pregnant. We were both thrilled. She was excited to break the news to her friends. That same day, she left this world. Things weren't the same. I was into big slumped. I hid myself in my apartment. Not even Young bae nor my CEO, even my parents can get me out of my hole. I can't even write a song. My life was totally immobilized. I was crippled. I fell into drugs. It's not those you know but medications. My sister forced me to see a doctor. She said it's something psychological. I found it helpful. I took  pills to sleep and  I got used to it. I finally came back slowly for our Japan dome tour which if you still recall I was a jerk about that time. Eunji-ah, you're the first girl I took interest in after Jimin. Kiko. Kiko and I became close after Jimin passed away. She was there for me. She was by my side while recovering. We dated until I realized I don't love her. I was kinda using her to get over Jimin. When we first met in Osaka, you're the first to go against me. I thought that was interesting. I didn't expect to meet you again in Jeju and then the project came up and everything became complicated. Then I found myself falling inlove. You may say that I am using you to get over Jimin but it's not. I'm over Jimin. I already accepted that she's gone and you're the present."

"I'm sorry about your loss," it's the only words Eunji can say at the moment.

Jiyong nodded. "Eunji-ah, I.."

Eunji raised her right hand. "I want to be alone if you don't mind,"

"Okay." He got up and sighed deeply as he leaves the room.

Eunji closed her eyes and sank back to bed. She sighed. "Jung Eunji, what have you got yourself into?" Her mind wondered if Jiyong's really truthful with her. She slept with a decision in mind.

She got up early. She found Jiyong already preparing breakfast. "Morning,"

"Morning," Jiyong greeted back. The atmosphere was a bit awkward. "Regular latte?"

"Sure. Thanks." Eunji sat down. Eunji waited until they finished their breakfast and laid down her decision to Jiyong.

Jiyong's shoulder dropped. He can't argue. He doesn't have the right to argue at the moment. He understand how Eunji feels. She's probably still in shock or maybe hurt.

Eunji decided to leave Jiyong's apartment. She wanted to be away from Jiyong for a while. Jiyong's opening up on his past was a big blow on her. Although she appreciate that he told her about her past, she needed time to process it. It's not even a week since she herself broke down and admit she's starting to like him. She thought they're going to start pretty good. Jiyong's past is a huge hit to her. She needed the time to accept it.

 

a/n: When your heart and mind are battling on a decision. What would you go for?😩😞😔😔😔😔
       Again... thanks for the comments and hello new subbies. will try to make update faster. Planning to end this before it hits one year.
       Ja'  have a great week ahead!