Thief

Let it go

Eunji's POV

 

I was  having a dinner with Maroon 5 rep. I excused myself for wash room. I feel like I ate something. I don't have allergies but I'm not sure about it. I was coming out of the stall when I was met by glaring face.

"What are you doing here? Haven't got enough of your so called blackmail scandal?" she spat.

I kept silent and washed my hands. There's no point of arguing.

"You came here to seduce my boyfriend?" she continued.

Tsk! "Miss Kiko, I have no interest in your boyfriend. And if I really wanted him, I had him long time ago,"

"And what made you confident about that? Jiyong's hard to get. It took..."

"It took you years to seduce him," I cut her.

She was glaring at me. Then a music filled the air. She checked her purse. It's her phone. It's her ringtone. She didn't answer it and put it back on her purse.

"Get off your hands from Jiyong," she was glaring.

I tried to ignore my heartbeat. It was beating faster and faster. "Answer you phone will you," my voice can't hide my shaking.

She was looking at me. She probably noticed my shaking voice. "!"

"Answer your ing phone!" I screamed.

I didn't realized I was on the floor and my face stings. Did she just slapped me? I tried to collect myself. I got up and walked out. Ran out of the restaurant. I took out my phone and sent a quick message to the Lushington boss to give my apology to the rep.

I staggered on my way out. I don't want people to recognize me. I was able to find my way to the parking lot. I know I saw few taxis in there earlier.

I heard my name. When I looked up, it was Seungri. Then everything went black. I woke up later and was relieved when I saw there's only him. I made Seungri promised he won't tell Jiyong my hotel.

I just found out about their tour in Singapore when Lushington mentioned it to me and asked me if I could checked out the lighting and do some adjustment if I want to. There's not much work. The team already did great. I just give suggestion. I didn't want to ran into them. No way. But fate was playing on us. I encountered Kiko at the restaurant and while running away I bumped into Bigbang. What a life.

 

~~~~~

 

"I leaked those photos," I said before he opened his mouth. I don't know how he found out where I'm staying. It had to be Seungri. He probably threatened Seungri.

"What do you want?" his eyes were all mad.

"What do I want..hmmm" I repeated mocking him.. "You know what I want. You put it in your own mouth,"

"Jung Eunji!!!You!!!" he screamed and got up.

"It came out from your own head and mouth. I  don't need to say it again" Jiyong cannot comprehend what I was  referring to.

"What exactly do you want?"

"You accused me of wanting to break  you and Kiko. Well, I am going to do that," I said in a steady voice.

Jiyong scoffed. "You're  crazy! You better  stop this before I do something you will regret,"

"And what would that be?" I provoked him.

"!" he screamed again.

"I'm  not the here. Until you find out the truth about that photo, expect that I will release all those photos. I warned you last time, the next time you yell at me, hell will sure break loose. You did the worse. Even the core of the earth will splurge out it's  lava." I kept my calm.

"I am Gdragon. You're not even part of YG. We just hired you to help us in our production."

I smirked at him. "hired? Let me remind you. You begged. Begged me to do your concert. Actually blackmailed me."

"Don't  be full of yourself. No one will believe you against Gdragon."

"Not all people believe the great dragon. Watch me. I don't know what you blackmailed with Seungri to give you my address. I don't want to see you again. Ever," I got up and motioned the door.

He marched out and slammed the door. I breathed out deeply.

 

My two weeks in Singapore was over. I went back to Korea and worked on piling projects. My boss never turned away a  clients. I was back to sleeping in the couch in our office. I was glad Chan Young was always there.

I was dozing off when my phone beeped. It's not just a beep. It's a wailing alarm that can wake the whole office. That alarm is something I can't ignore. I checked it and true, there's an intruder in my house. I called the police right away as I grabbed my purse. I was minutes behind the police to arrive in my apartment. The video in my phone indicated that the intruder's still inside and was checking my computer. I tilted my head. Why my computer? It's locked. I made sure to all my documents and works were password protected after that accidental transfer of files to Jiyong's phone.

I keyed my door pass and it beeped. There's no way out for the intruder. There's only the window.

"Police," one of the police officer shouted. He went directly to my room where the intruder was. I stood near the door as directed by the police officer.

The hooded intruder came out with the police behind him.

"Ma'am, do you know him?" the police officer asked.

The hooded guy shed out his hood. I raised brows and my mouth formed an O. Kwon Jiyong. I shook my head.

"You don't know him?" the police officer asked again. "Kwon Jiyong. Gdragon,"

"I know him from media but not personally. Nevertheless, he broke into my apartment. Take him away,"

"Jung Eunji," Jiyong's voice was pleading.

I know. This will blow his whole life. But he broke a law and he deserve the punishment. It's not because he's Gdragon that he can get away from it.

"Ma'am, are you going to lodge a complaint report?" the police officer asked.

"Definitely. He broke into my apartment and that's punishable by law." I answered without blinking.

"I want my lawyer," Jiyong said.

"We'll take this to the police station then," the police officer said.

"Uh... can we take it here? I mean... I can't.."

"You have the nerve to break into someone's place and you're scared you're name will be all over the media?" I scoffed.

The police officer was looking at me. Waiting for me to decide.

"Fine. You have one phone call. And I don't have enough time to deal with this. I'll let the police take care of it,"

Jiyong called his boss and informed him to come right away at my address. I told the two police officer to sit down while we wait for Jiyong's lawyer. I sat at the single couch.

"So what were you trying to steal from my computer?" I asked  with sarcasm. "Trying to find some design? You're good at it huh? Plagiarism. Design stealing. Blackmailing,"

He was caught red handed. He has nothing to say. "Jung Eunji. I.. I'm sorry,"

"Tell that to the judge." I was acting high. "How did you even knew my key pass? You were stalking me right?" He was still silent. "You know your right,"

The door opened and there's Yang Hyun Suk with I assume their lawyer.

"Kwon Jiyong! You!" His eyes were burning in anger. "Take him to YG. Don't let him leave the building until I come back," he ordered Jiyong's manager.

The police officer asked if it's okay. I shrugged and it's their call. Jiyong and his manager left the room. One police office was left to document whatever settlement the boss and I will have to settle.

 

Jiyong's POV

 

"seriously hyung!" Seungri shouted at me. "What were you thinking? I can't believe you will do this," he sound very much disappointed.

TOP, Taeyang and Seungri gathered as soon as their CEO called them to keep me in the building.

"Ji, what's going on?" the ever calm Taeyang asked.

I stayed silent.

"This is not so you. Whatever your reason of breaking in... it's still sick." TOP voiced out his disappointment as well.

"My God hyung!" Seungri can't hide how angry he is. He has always have soft spot for Eunji. "And in Jung Eunji's apartment? Tell me hyung, what's going on between you and Eunji noona?"

I looked at him. "Me? What are you trying to say?"

"Look, when we found noona almost sick at the parking in Singapore you look like you're ready to kill her. Eunji noona asked me not to disclose her hotel. After we came back from Singapore, I received a call from her. She was mad. She thought I was the one who told you where she was staying. I assumed you went to see her before we flew back in Korea," Seungri was glaring at me.

"Nothing. Just plain co-workers that's all." I answered.

"I really want to punch you right now," TOP said. "What's with you and Jung Eunji?" the question was really straight.

"Nothing." I answered the same.

"Nothing. Nothing. Nothing." TOP repeated. "What the is this all about?!" he exploded.

"Hyung, you're not in my shoes," I slumped on the chair.

"Not in your shoes my !" TOP screaming. He rarely gets mad. When he gets mad it's really scary. "Tell me so I can understand."

"She's blackmailing me," I blurted out in frustration. I don't even know what to say.

Seungri faced me. "Blackmailing you? Eunji noona? Heol! Hyung! the last time  I checked you were the one who blackmailed her." Seungri can't stop himself from screaming that I want to punch him.

"Enough! I know it was stupid to.."

"! At least you know it was stupid." Seungri yelled.

"Can you stop screaming? I know I was wrong," I said softly. Seungri's screaming starts to annoy me.

"Goddamit hyung, this is insane! What's going to happen now? What did noona said about this?" Seungri lowered his voice.

"Ji, did Jung Eunji said anything about it? Is she going to press charges?" Taeyang asked.

"hyung was left to settle things," I answered.

"Hyung! You better hide after this. Are you sure the media didn't caught anything of this?" Seungri shouted again.

"Ya! maknae! I swear...."

The door swung open and there's the CEO-nim with scary face. He rushed towards me. His hand raised on the air ready to hit me.

"Hyung! Hyung!" Seungri who was mad as hell earlier was the first throw himself to shield me. "Hyung... Jiyong hyung wasn't on his right mind,"

"hell! You tell me what's idol in his right mind go breaking people's house!" CEO-nim was really mad. "Godammit Kwon Jiyong! Do you have any idea what face I have to put up infront of Miss Jung?!"

"CEO-nim?" Seungri in.

"Stay out of this Lee Seunghyun! I'm warning you all, if anyone of you gets in a scandal, I swear  I'll cancel all your concert tour. I am not joking. Jiyong to my office," he marched out of the room.

I followed him to his office. As soon as the door closed he slammed his palms on the table.

"Tell me everything. Don't left out anything. Why the   did you break in to Miss Jung's house? Are you going to steal another of her designs?"

"What?" I was surprised with the accusation coming from my CEO. "Did she tell you that I....

CEO-nim cut me. "That sound and lighting production in your Seoul concert. Dammit! Kwon Jiyong, Your parents didn't raised you to be thief and blackmailer,"

Now I regret I broke in Eunji's house. "I admit I wasn't thinking. I..."

He cut me again. "Hell! That's a no brainer act. What the hell prompted you to break in her house," he  sounds a bit calmer.

"The latest photo scandal. She admitted she leaked it. I confronted her when I saw her in Singapore. She admitted it." I started. CEO-nim scowled. "She have my whole file. I want to have it back. It will be the end of me once those goes out to media,"

"So that's what she was talking about when she came down to talk about your photo scandal with Kiko." CEO-nim nodded. "Go on. Who's the girl?"

"Kang Jimin. We've been friends for long. She wrote Lies and other of.."

"Dammit! Jiyong! She what???!!!" hyung shouted again. I guess I'm escalating his anger.

"Jimin wrote a lot of my song. She wrote Lies. We both wrote Haru Haru but she mainnly wrote mostly of the songs I released as my own. You could say she's behind my success. We started dating few years after we debut. We hid it pretty well because she was still in school and was busy with her work. Two years ago after completing my One of a Kind album, we agreed to come to you and ask for your blessing. That same month, we found out she was pregnant. I was extremely happy and excited." I was glad he did not yell again. I bowed my head. "The same day after we found out she was pregnant, I lost her. I lost them." The tears started to ran down my face. "hyung, that's the reason of my slumber for these years. I haven't gotten over them. Hyung, we planned to get married when she turned 25 and before  I leave for military duties." I Spilt the beans. Hyung was quiet. Probably stunned.

"Jiyong," CEO-nim's voice soften. "Jiyong-ah, you know you can talk to me anytime. Why did you have to carry it all?"

"I'm sorry hyung." I was still crying.

"Jiyong, I'm sorry about your loss. I'm sorry for your shattered dreams but Jiyong you should be thinking." CEO-nim wasn't shouting but I can tell at his tone that he's mad. "do you know what I lost because of your stupidity? You should have told me and we could have dealt with it. Jung Eunji isn't hard to talk with. She's nice person,"

"Nice? Hyung, you didn't worked directly with her," I said. "She's not easy to work with. She's unpredictable. Hyung, most of all she used me and still blackmailing me."

"Jiyong-ah, I bargained with Miss Jung. She'll drop the case as long as you apologize and acknowledge the person who leaked the photo of you and Kiko,"

I got up. That's it. "No way hyung. I admit I did wrong but apologizing and admitting that we're the one who leaked the photos. Over my dead body,"

"Jiyong, listen to me. Once Miss Jung pursue the complaint, you will go to jail. You will be bailed out but what about your image? Do you know how she found out you broke into her house?"

I know she must have CCTV in her house but getting caught not even 2 minutes in the house. That must be new in the market. I know police can respond in at least 5 minutes or so.

"Go home. You have until tomorrow morning to make up your mind. I meant it. I want Jung Eunji to do our YG family concert."

I didn't say anything and left the building. I would probably apologize to Eunji for breaking into her house but admitting that we circulated our own photo was ridiculous.

The incident was kind of forgotten due to our busy schedule. I haven't heard anything from the CEO himself. we wrap up our asian tour and was preparing for our US tour. This year, we were able to break in to the Canadian border. It will be our first time in the Canadian soil.