Missing

Let it go

"Hyung!" Seungri hugged Jiyong right away. They all picked the same day to spend time with thier family after 10 months since he entered the military.

"Ohhhh...  How are you? How was at your base?"

"I'm doing well." Seungri laughed. "How about hyung?"

"I miss everybody." He sighed.

"You missed noona so much." Seungri stated the obvious.

"I can't reach her phone. Have you talked to her?"

"Once." Seungri's response was short. "Let's go to your place."

Jiyong smiled bitterly. He hasn't talked to Eunji since he left. He tried to contact her but failed. They entered his apartment. Nothing changed. It looked it was regularly cleaned. His mother. He gave the key pass to his mother.

They just arrived barely 5 minutes when the doorbell rang. Jiyong excitedly ran to open it.

"Hyuuung!" Daesung threw himself to the disappointed faced Jiyong.

"Bro!" Taeyang fist bumped and then hugged his bestfriend. "Food and beers?" he lifted the bag he's holding.

"Hyung," Seungri handed Jiyong an envelope.

Jiyong's brows creased and eyed at Seungri. "what's this? a welcome gift?"

The four were quiet.

"Hey.. what.." Jiyong was laughing at the four. He thinks it's kind of a prank. He opened the envelope.

It was quiet while he was reading the letter. Then he looked at Seungri. "What is this supposed to mean?"

Seungri sighed. "Eunji called me few weeks after your enlistment and handed me that. She said to give it to you when you comes for a visit. I asked her if something was wrong but she won't say anything. I was assuming something was wrong. She looks different. I just can't point what's wrong. After that meeting, I cannot reach her. She last said she has something to finish up in taiwan. Since then no contact from her. I've been stalking his sns. She was in Canada in Christmas. Her friend tagged her in a post. After that, nothing."

"What did she say in the letter?" Taeyang was curious."

"Not to look for her. She said she'll come and see me when I get discharged. It doesn't make sense." Jiyong passed the letter to Taeyang.

Taeyang shook his head. "this is not the Eunji that we know."

Jiyong leaned back and held his head. His eyes were threatening to drop tears but he's trying hard to held back.

TOP was studying the letter. "Trust her,"

"Hyung, just let it go. Cry." Seungri moved to Jiyong's side and patted his back. "We don't know why but she must have reason. She said, she'll come and see you."

"I know but it's not her leaving like this."

"Bro, try to understand her. As Seungri said. She must have reason. She loves you and she knew that she's your world. And bro, I think you should respect her request of not trying to find her. Things might get complicated or something might screwed up if she finds out you're looking for her. Think of the positive side. She's probably preparing for your grand wedding," Taeyang lightened the mood.

"ohhhhh.... wedding. Hyung," Daesung turned to Taeyang. "Hyung, please set the date when we're all off the military," Seungry said. He enlisted a month later than the others.

"She hinted she wanted me to sing  their wedding song."  Taeyang said.

Jiyong bolted from his seat and faced Taeyang. "She what?"

"I told you bro, she has the wedding in her mind. Don't stress out yourself about this. She's out there safe and watching you." Seungri said.

"Well, yeah.. but... It's just so weird that she's not here. You know..." Jiyong tried to find a reason.

"Aissshhh!!! Let's go to Jeju!" Seungri suggested.

"Seungri's right." Daesung agreed. "You need break."

 

Jiyong returned to the military with out any news from Eunji. He was devastated and disappointed not seeing her. But he held into her promise that she'll come back upon his discharge. Months. Christmas. Valentines. Birthdays.

 

Finally. It's the day he'd been waiting. It's his last day in the military service. He made a long speech infront of the crowd gathered to send him off.

His saw his parents right away. A huge crowd of fans gathered to welcome him back.

"Aigooo... You did well son," his mom hugged him.

"It was an honor to serve the country." Jiyong hugged back his mom. "I'll just say hello to my fans and I'll follow you in the car. Oh... Dami noona came?"

"She stayed home and made something for you. She said we have to go home straight." his mom answered. "Tell your friends to come over." He made a brief appearance to the fans, waved and bowed.

"Mom!!!" Jiyong came out of the family room shouting. They just finished dinner. The family were having a tea time at the living room. Jiyong went to the old office to pick a family album his mother asked him to.

"Jiyong, you don't  need to shout okay." His mom reprimanded him. "Saw a bug in there." she laughed.

"Mom, who is this?" He was holding a photo.

"Huh?" His mom walked towards him. His dad and sister were just watching them. "Oh... I thought I threw that away."

"Mom?"

"Your supposed to be wife but you rejected the marriage your dad arranged for you.." his mom answered.

"My whaat?!" Jiyong was totally shocked with the revelation.

"You ran away to Paris when I asked you to meet her." His father laughed. "Her dad also said she didn't  liked it and fought with her parents. I heard  she never went home for months after we agreed  on the meeting date."

Dami was studying her brother. She can't read her brother  this time.

"You  didn't  nagged me after that. I thought you said you and her dad made an agreement about your kids." Jiyong sat down.

"I met her dad after you ran away to explain that you were very much against it. He explained that  it's  probably the best. You're  an idol. You'll  be hard to handle."

"Few months later we heard the couple passed away in a car accident. It's  a pity." His mom added.

"Did ...did you go to the wake or funeral?" Jiyong asked hesitantly.

His father nodded. "They're  a good family. Why? Do you want to go to this arrangement? "

"She's  the woman I love and wanted to marry." Jiyong answered seriously.

Dami knocked the book she's  reading. It fell on the floor. "Kwon Jiyong. Say it again."

"Son, what do you mean by that?" His dad was staring at him while his mom was just open mouthed  in surprise.

"Kwon Jiyong, when did this happened? Do you know who is she?" Dami was curious.

"We've been going out for nearly a year and actually we got engaged before I  went to the military. I...."

"Engaged?!" Dami said in surprise.

"Dami, let him finish." Their mother interrupted. "Go on son."

" I wanted security while serving in the military.  I kinda forced her into the engagement.  Actually I wanted to marry her before the enlistment but she declined. "

"Why didn't  you tell us? " his mom was a bit disappointed and hurt.

Jiyong sighed. "I proposed to her in March and she just accepted  my proposal on my birthday. I asked her to come with me and meet my family on my birthday but she didn't  want to tell you about our relationship yet. She's  scared and not confident of herself."

"Son, have you met her family?" His dad asked.

"I met her sister and aunt. I was there on her parent's  death anniversary. "

Dami was shaking her head. "You surely love her huh. You know that she's a popular and most sought engineer." Jiyong nodded. "How did you met an engineer? She's  a successful  young engineer."

"You can't  avoid your destiny," his father stated.

"I read few articles  about her. She's  really talented. She spearheaded  the pyongyang winter Wonderland  show. She's  in production too right?" Dami added

"Oh... she was behind our Seoul concert light and sound production."

"Ohhhh... wait... so you guys are planning to get married now that you're  off the military?" Dami asked.

Jiyong's  face hung. "She went missing as soon as I enlisted. We haven't talked since then. She only left a letter saying she'll  come back when I  finish my service. "

"Missing? What do you mean missing?" His mom asked.

"I don't  know. I'm going to see Ha Eun noona soon. Eunji's  supposed to meet me. I don't know. I need to find her."

"Son, she's  a nice girl. I met her when she was in college. She's  very polite."

Jiyong  nodded.

Jiyong, you better find her." Dami pat  her brother's  shoulder.

"My last resort is her sister. "

"Son, you have to respect her decision whatever it is." His dad said.

"I know. "

"I'm  really curious about how you to  made till engagement." Dami was grinning.

"It wasn't  easy noona. " Jiyong  bowed his head. "I'm just scared that she changed feeling. What if she found someone else  while I was away."

"Bro... where did your confidence go? Believe in her promise.." Dami encouraged. "So what's your plan now?"

"I'll  go see Ha Eun noona tomorrow. "

"I'm sure  her parents  were happy about this." His dad was grinning.

"Aren't you the one most happy?" their mother rolled her eyes. "You even thought of blackmailing your son to marry your friend's daughter."

"Seriously dad?" Jiyong looked at his father.

His father shrugged. "Well, you never brought home a girl. we wanted you to settle down. Jung Eunji is smart, kind and nice person. She took it after her father. I'm so happy that fate brought you two together."

"Yeah, but I don't know where he is right now." Jiyong leaned back on the couch. "How is she? Is she fine and..." Jiyong suddenly held his head. He was scared about Eunji's PTSD. He wanted to cry just by the thought that Eunji had an attack.

"Ji, you okay?" Dami returned to the living room with a glass of water.

"I'll never be okay I see her."

 

"Hey you okay," TOP  opened the door for Jiyong. It's  unusual that Jiyong  goes to TOP's villa. "You look  disastrous. Want something to drink?"

"Something strong please." Jiyong  answered.

TOP kept glancing at Jiyong  while pouring a drink on their glass. "Here. Okay. Care to share what's going on? Let me guess, it's  Eunji."

"She left me." Jiyong drank the shot in a go. Then he started crying.

"What do you mean she left. Seungri said she said she'll  come back on your discharge "

"That's  what she said on her last letter. I went to see Ha Eun noona today. Eunji said she doesn't  want me to look for her. That I need to give her few more years and if I still want her when she comes back.. she'll be back."

"That doesn't  make sense at all." TOP commented.

"I know. I let it slide when I came home first that she doesn't want me looking for her but it's been weeks since I got out and I haven't received a word from her." Jiyong skipped his discovery of the arranged marriage.  "I don't  know. I waited for this time but...." Jiyong just lost it and  cried infront of his hyung.

"Let's  just respect her and wait."

"Wait? Hyung! you're  not in my shoes." Jiyong  shouted. I waited for 2 years.  I don't  think I can wait any longer. I need to find her."

"Jiyong, be reasonable. She has a reason why she went hiding. She has the plan to come back to you or she wouldn't  have talked about coming back. Give it a year. Time will pass fast. "

"A year? Hyung, I just want to know if she's  okay. I want to see her face.,"

"I believe in Eunji. Trust her okay. Focus on your album release."

"I don't  think I can release a solo album at this point. I can't concentrate. "

"Seungri's coming out in few months. The president said we will release an album and do world tour."

"Hmmm... hyung mentioned that to me when I reported last week. I guess I have to push back my solo album.."

 

 

"Again." Jiyong was in the control and Seungri's doing his recording. They had been doing the same line for nearly an hour. Jiyong's not satisfied at the maknae's tone.

"Hyung, why don't  we stop here." Seungri  suggested. "Let's  take a break,"

"Ten minutes." Jiyong got out first and went straight to the rooftop to smoke. Seungri followed him.

"Hyung, you're  stressed out.  "Loosen up. Everything will be alright. "

"It's  been  3 months since I got discharged. I haven't  heard from her. I don't know what to do anymore,"

"Hyung, trust Eunji noona. She loves you so much to just let go of what you guys started to build."

"I'm  sorry I'm  taking it all on you."

"I understand. Ah... I'm  going to Dubai for few days. A friend invited me to his place in there. I hope we can finish recording my part before I leave."

"We'll  work overtime tonight."