Ruined trip

Let it go

 

She leaned forward to Jiyong. "My Kwon Jiyong, can we go now? We wasted 10 minutes already." she said softly.

Jiyong took the chance and stole a kiss to her lips.

Eunji tilted her head. "You know, you can just ask,"

Jiyong just winked and started the car.

"Did I really said that?" Eunji turned to Jiyong after half an hour of silence.

"Hmm. When you're getting off the car."

"I didn't. I know I didn't." Eunji insisted.

Jiyong looked at her with a gummy smile.

"Kwon Jiyong....." she started to pout.

"I love you more and more. I can't wait to marry you,"

Eunji scoffed. "Ya! Kwon Jiyong... stop the.... Stop! Stop!"

Jiyong hit the brake. "babe?"

Eunji reached for the camera at the back seat.

Jiyong realized what is she up for. He pulled over and got off the car. He walked around and helped Eunji got of the car. "My Jung Eunji, next time just tell me. Don't just yell or shout out of excitement. It makes me nervous when you suddenly screams or shouts."

"Sorry about that." Eunji said not taking her eyes of the camera lens. "Look at the colors. This is one in a life time."

Jiyong smiled and pulled Eunji to his arms. "My Jung Eunji, let's take one selfie and let's get back to the road. it's nearly 6. You're adamant we've to reach Lisbon before 7. And babe, please. Please. If you want something and you're excited, can you be more gentle?"

Eunji raised brows. "What's the use of being excited then?"

"babe, I...."Jiyong sighed. "Nevermind. Uhm... the restaurant we are going. Are you sure it won't be crowded?"

"Then we'll have separate table then,"

"Let's get this then. If I get recognized. I have to announce that I am dating."

It's Eunji's turn to sigh. "Kwon Jiyong, look at the mirror. You look different from your image. Told ya, the black hair suits you."

"Still, I'm still worried."

Eunji scoffed. "Worried? Just few days ago you were furious  mad telling me that you'll give up your career for me. What are you worrying now?"

Jiyong was taken off guard. "What time is our flight tomorrow?" he changed the topic.

"11. I'm staying in Dubai for 2 days. I am meeting a client."

"Dubai? You didn't mention about this. How about me?"

"Your flight is going straight to Korea."  Eunji replied.

"What? Are you serious? So this trip is shooting 2 birds with one arrow?" Jiyong said to his chagrin.

"It was last moment decision. I already booked our trip when my boss told me about it. I have to go. That was the deal I made to my boss for this vacation." Eunji explained.

Jiyong parked the car and got of silently, obviously wasn't pleased.
Eunji saw the situation right away. She doesn't want to ruin their trip. "Kwon Jiyong...Please....Fine." She grabbed her luggage from the trunk and walked in the hotel reception alone. Jiyong followed her silently. She spoke to the receptionist and asked her to make an adjustment to their reservation at the restaurant.

Both were silent as they entered their suite.

"I made an adjustment for our dinner. You can take shower if you want to," Eunji's tone was monotone.

Jiyong didn't say anything. He opened his luggage and took out clean clothes. He went straight to the bathroom.

Eunji sighed. She didn't expect it will be a big deal to Jiyong.

 

The atmosphere wasn't good for the two. They took taxi to the restaurant. They were quiet until they reached the restaurant.

"There's an english menu." Eunji passed the menu book to Jiyong.

Jiyong was still sulking.

"What are you having?" Eunji asked. "It's not really main course. The cheese and wines are the best recommended. Tapas and cheese? Want to try the cured meat?" Jiyong just nodded in agreement.  Eunji can't take it anymore. She's not used to the quiet Jiyong. "Can you stop sulking now? Hmmm. Please. If you keep sulking till the food arrives, you know me."

Jiyong looked at her. He knew that once she says something threatening, she always does it. 90 percent of it.

"Look, it was unavoidable. I.."

"I'm sorry." Jiyong finally spoke.

Eunji breathed deeply. "Look. I'm not used to you being quiet. And when you are it scares and worries me." Eunji admitted.

Jiyong smiled slyly. "Really?"

"Really. So are we set on this?" Eunji showed their order to Jiyong which the latter just nodded. Eunji called their server and hand her their order. "You're not mad anymore?"

"How about I come with you in Dubai?" Jiyong suggested.

"No. No. No." Eunji raised her hands. "Originally I was thinking about that but Dubai is multicultural country. A lot knows about kpop in Dubai. You can get easily spotted. I will be fine."

"I'm decided. I'll come with you to Dubai."

Their order was served in a jiffy. They were served for wine tasting. Both decided to try the recommended red wine.

"Seung Hyun oppa should really come here. He'll enjoy it."

"Hmmm. I'll mention that to him." Jiyong wasn't pleased again for her mentioning TOP. "Let's go. Uhm...Let's go for stroll down  we return to the hotel."

Eunji got up to pay for their bill. She was looking around while waiting for the cashier when her eyes landed to a table. She rubbed her eyes to make sure she's not seeing things.

Her attention was diverted to the cashier when she spoke. So what she just saw  is not illusion.  She smiled at the cashier and left a tip. She turned to the table again. She can't be wrong. Without knowing she was walking towards the table. "Excuse me,"

The surprise and shock wasn't hidden from the face of the other guy.

"Kim Ji Hoo?"

"Jung Eunji?"

Disgust. Anger. killer eyes were across Eunji's face. "So you've been hiding in Portugal? No wonder." she whispered in sarcasm.

"Jung Eunji. Let's talk outside."

Eunji smiled at the other guy. "Excuse me. I haven't seen him for a while. This won't take a while." Ji Hoo led her outside.

"I have to talk to this guy. Give me 5 minutes and please don't eavesdrop." she said to Jiyong.

Jiyong walked farther from the two.

"I wanted to slap you at this moment. Five minutes. My company is not good at waiting." she said.

"I'm sorry. I was so coward. I can't bear to see you hurt. When you told me you're going to Japan for a convention. I thought that was the perfect time. I met him," he motioned the person inside the restaurant. "and we've been seeing for months after we started dating."

"Oh God!" Eunji hit her temple with her hand.

"I'm sorry."

"Okay. Okay." Eunji's voice was so heavy. "How are you? Have you been well?"

Ji Hoo nodded. "I read a lot about you. You made a name to yourself. I am so proud. How was Chan Young?"

"We're still in the same company. Just to let you know. I'm still mad at you. I have to go. He's not really good at waiting. I can see he wants to leave."

Ji Hoo handed her a card. "If you find yourself here again. Maybe we can talk longer."

"Sure we will. You know where to find me in Korea. Give my apology to your friend and hey, you're not yet forgiven."

They didn't hug. No handshake. Eunji just left and got into the taxi on the stands.

Jiyong followed her. "I thought we are going for a stroll."

"I lost the mood"

"Who was that?"

Eunji didn't answer him and just sighed. She was quiet and didn't even looked at Jiyong until they reached their suite. She locked herself in the washroom and called her bestfriend.

"My God! Jung Eunji! It's 2 am. What's going on?" Min Jung obviously just woke up.

"I'm calling Chan Young now. Don't hang up." she dialed another number.

"Oh.. what's with the conference call. Ya! Jung Eunji, it'..past 2 am in Canada. Hello, Min Jung."

"Hello to you Chang Young. What is going on?" Min Jung barked.

"I found Kim Ji Hoo." Eunji said.

"Kim Ji Hoo?" Min Jung repeated.

"Ji Hoo? Are you... What???" Chan Young doesn't know what to say.

"Holy mother of... You mean Ji Hoo?  That ?!" Min Jung finally caught up.

"The boss said you're on leave for a week. Where are you."' Chan Young asked.

"Lisbon."

"Lisbon?" The two chorus.

"Portugal."

"Portugal?" ChanYoung  beat Min Jung. "Okay. tell me you're with someone." Chan Young started to worry.

"Hmmm."

"The dragon?" Chan Young wanted to confirm.

"Oh..."

"Ok... So. Did you spoke to Ji Hoo?" Min Jung asked.

"Briefly. not even 10 minutes. He just apologized. I left."

"Did he saw you with Kwon Jiyong?" Chan Young asked.

"He knew I was with someone but he had no idea."

"Damn!"  Min Jung cursed. "I am so going to kill that guy. So... Wait...You were dating G dragon and still have the feeling for that Ji Hoo?

Eunji sighed deeply. "It' been years since I last saw Ji Hoo. I met Jiyong  last year. He never even appeared in my mind after he disappeared. Chan Young-ah, can you tell the boss I cannot go to Dubai. can you go? I'll send youa ll the details. I really can't go. Tell her, something un avoidable came up."

"I can do that but hey.. how are you? Where are you? Did you tell Jiyong yet? Chan Young asked.

"I locked myself.... one sec. he's at the door. probably worried.  I was silent on our way back to the hotel." Eunji opened the washroom door. "I'm fine. I'm talking to my friends. Give me minutes." she closed back the door. "I can't even think properly and Jiyong and I had a small argument before I saw Ji Hoo. Now is not a good time to say."

"Let me talk to him after this conference. When are you coming back home?"

"We're leaving here at 11. I'm supposed to drop by Dubai for the meeting but uhm... I leave that to you, Chan Young -ah."

"Girl, go home. Let Chan Young take care of the work issue. I'll call you in 24 hours. You're probably home by that time." Min Jung said.

"Thanks guys...I don't know how will I bear the 25 hours flight home."

"Let me talk to Kwon Jiyong," Chan Young insisted.

"No. And what will you tell him."

"To take care of you. you idiot." Chan Young was acting like the big brother.

"I think I'll be fine. Min Jung We'll let you go. Sorry for waking you up." Eunji apologized.

"No.. No... Just give me a call when you're in Korea. Damn! I wish I can fly to see you right now. I am so guilty not with my best friend on her weak moments."

"Talking to me this time is enough. Now go back to sleep. Chan Young and I have to talk about his sudden trip."

Min Jung hang up. Chan Young and Eunji arranged the trip. After they hang up,Eunji emerged from the wash room. Jiyong was sitting by the door. Waiting. He got up when the door open. "Are you okay? You doesn't seem look fine."

Eunji smiled thinly. "let's sleep. We need to be at the airport at 9 tomorrow." She grabbed a blanket and walked back to the couch.

"Eunji, what is this?" Jiyong started to get pissed off. Eunji's not saying anything to him. Talking to someone . Getting upset.

"I'll sleep in the couch. I need time to think."

Jiyong just watched her and returned to the bed.

Eunji had been sighing until she dozed off. Jiyong had been watching her from the bed. It pains him that Eunji was back to handling and dealing things by herself. He walked towards the couch. Black shadow crossed her face. She looked stressed. There's even traces of dried tears in her cheek. He lifted her up and carried her to the bed. He watched her sleep. She needs it more than he does. She will be incharge of their travel back to Korea. No. She is stopping by Dubai.

He pulled her and that she was on her arms. Eunji turned and now was facing him. This time he can read fear in her face and tears started to fall. 'She's dreaming?' "baby?" he brushed a kiss to her lips.

"Don't leave me. Please don't leave." she mumbled.

"Baby," Jiyong gently shook her.

She half opened her eyes. "Jiyong..."

"You're dreaming. I'm here. Hmmm.."

"can you hold me until I fell asleep again?" her voice was so soft and sounds tired.

"Babe, I'll always be here," he kissed her eyes and  tapping her shoulder in a gentle rhyme.

 

*****Have a nice easter weekend! !!!