Breaking

Let it go

Gosh! Finally a break! My boss finally gave me a 2 days break. That means I don't have to go to work on Valentines day. I will be showered with questions and the stuffs anyways. I have to get over the valentine thing that's in the air. It's not that I hate it because I don't have someone to share but ugh... I feel it became commercialized. I decided to just stay home for the whole 2 days. I stock up my fridge and pantry for foods.

I was on my 4rth movie when my tummy growled. I finished it nonetheless.  I made myself late lunch and sat back in the couch. Believe me, I am probably the last person in Korea to watch the animated Disney movie FROZEN. It looks cute. I  swear I fell inlove with story and the sound tracks. I was flipping for another movie when my home phone rang. No one knows my home phone number except for my parent. My parents always calls my mobile phone unless..... I grabbed the phone. "Hello,"

" Eunji -ah," It was my sister. Her voice croaked.

"unnie, is everything ok?" I tried to sound normal.

"Eunji-ah. Come home right away,"

"Unnie, what's wrong?" I started to felt nervous.

"Uncle Jae Jong is coming to get you," she did not answer my question.

"Unnie, tell me what's going on?" I asked again.

"Uncle is on his way. You better pack now. See later," my sister hang up.

Something is going on and it is something serious. My family calls my mobile phone in all cases. Speaking of my mobile. I turned the whole living room but can't find my phone.  I searched in my bed but nothing. I found it sitting in the washroom counter. Holy! What is this? more than 100 miscalls and text? I scrolled the caller. My sister. My relatives. Lee Chan young? I opened his text messages first. I almost fainted when I saw the message. I  called him right away but it was directed to a voice message. I opened the other messages. I felt all my blood  were drained. I slumped to the floor. I cannot move. I cannot even cry from shock.

I did not know how my bestfriend, Min Jung and my uncle came in. Min Jung was packing my clothes when I came back to my senses.

"Min Jung-ah," I cried softly. She turned and hugged me

"Shhh... " her hug was comforting. I know she herself do not know what to say. "We're leaving in few minutes. Pull yourself together okay and do not worry of anything. I already called and inform your boss."

"Thanks Min Jung I cried harder.

It took a week for the wake and the funeral.  I don't know how my sister and I pulled it off. After the funeral I told her that I am going back to Seoul. She just nodded. I don't want to stay any longer. It just pains me.

As soon as I reached Seoul. I called Chan Young. He just was discharged a day earlier. I went straight to his house. I was hugging him tight and was crying.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry." I bawled.

" Eunji -ah, it's ok. It's bound to happen."

"If I picked up your call it shouldn't have happened," I said still clinging to him.

He smoothened my head. "How are you?"

I released him and looked away.

"It will be hard but you'll get through it," his words were comforting.

"I don't know. I am more worried of my sister. She's closer to my parents and I just left her,"

"She'll be okay."

 

I reported to work after a 2 weeks day leave. I wanted to immerse my self to work but my boss wanted to kill me coz I was not functioning well. Sometimes I just yell at my colleague for no reason or just space out.

"Go take some time," my boss told me when he called me to his office. "When you think you're ready, just come,"

"But I.." I tried to protest but he cut me.

"I understand how you feel. Everything will be okay," my boss assured me.

I nodded.

I browsed for vacation places. I do not want to go overseas. I settled for Jeju. I called my sister if she wants to join me but she begged off. She said she has pile of things to do which I understand. She became the boss and had to learn many things in a short time. When our lawyer asked us about it I just gave my sister all the rights to run the business. She can manage and I'll probably be a problem If I join them.

I flew to Jeju with my sister only knowing where I went.  I rented a car and drove around on my first day. It's still spring but the weather looks good to dip in the beach. I grabbed my towel and shades and walked out of my suite. I lay down on one of the lounge chair enjoying the sun. I was falling asleep when a loud sound bang my ears. At first I ignored it. It's a private beach part of the hotel and I'm not the only guest. Few minutes past, still the music was so loud. I blew up at next song. I got up and screamed.

"Will someone shut the in music!" I looked around and found the cellphone in the lounge chair 2 chairs away from me. I marched towards it and grabbed it. "If you want to listen to loud music, go to your in room!" I threw the phone in the waters. I saw how the people around were shocked. I walk away feeling mad.

"Ya!" a hand grabbed my arms as I was pulling the entrance door.

I turned around. "Oh! why isn't it Jerkass," I'm not in the mood to talk to this person.

"Ya! If you don't want to hear noise. Just go and spend your time in your in house," his eyes were burning.

I just walked away. Heaven knows if I open my mouth again.

"Ya! " he yelled.

"What's your problem?" I turned around and face him.

"This." his phone was on his palm.

I stared at the phone in his palm. "So what about your phone?"

"Ya!" he yelled again.

I covered my both ears. I swear the next time he yells I am so going to scream. "Look, I'm not in the mood to fight with you," I tried to be calm.

"And I don't have any intention to fight with someone like you," he shot back.

"Then why are you yelling at me?"

"Don't play innocent. This," he held the phone inches from my face.

It hit me. He's the owner of the phone I threw in the waters. I covered my mouth. "Your phone?"

"Hell yeah. Now you're catching." he said in sarcasm.

"damn!" I cursed under my breath. "I'll replace it,"

"Replace it? You think I can't afford to replace it? That's not my point miss," the sarcasm was still there.

"Fine. What do you want?" I pressed the elevator button.

"Oh God! I don't know if you're acting or just really dumb,"

"I guess I'm dumb," I answered him. I saw how his face was shocked with my answer. I got into the elevator when it opened and pressed my floor level. He followed me in but I didn't say any thing. "I'm sorry about the phone," I finally said as my floor ding. I got out and he was still following me. I opened my door and got in. I didn't expect he would follow to my suite. I sighed deeply. I know I was in wrong but I was suddenly enraged and I didn't know what I was doing. "Have a seat," I offered the single couch.

He looked around. "Nice suite."

"I'll replace the phone," I took the opposite couch. His anger looks subsided.

"I need a phone right now. Can you buy it for me?" he was smirking.

"Sure." I got up and walked to  my room.  I changed into shirt and jeans and came out with my purse. "Let's go,"

"I'm staying," I looked at him with puzzled look. "I can't risked getting caught in public with a girl,"

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever. If you ever decided to leave. Here's my number," I gave him my card and walked out. "Oh... don't forget you have a girlfriend out waiting," I called back.

 

Jiyong walked around and stood by the window. 'She is really exceptional,' he walked back inside. Her laptop is still running on the table. Her ipad was on beside it. 'busy girl.' He was tempted to check on the laptop. As soon as he touched the mouse, a music and slide show of photos came up. He heard a ding from the ipad. For some reason, he became curious. A new email was sitting there. He knows well what is privacy but he was damn curious about the girl. He quickly tap the screen and the whole email pop out.

He turn it off when he heard the door beeped. "That was fast," he said as he strode to the veranda.

"It's complicated here. I'll buy you one when I get back to Seoul," I answered.

He shrugged. "When are you going back to Seoul?"

"I don't know."

"How about we do this," He grabbed my ipad. "I'll hold on to your ipad until you buy me a new phone."

I stared at him in disbelief. No kidding. Not my ipad. I have some stuffs in there. But do I even have choice? It's in his hand already. "Alright. Let me close something there first,"

He handed me the ipad.

I signed off all the open account and created a password. I have sensitive files in it. I don't want other people looking at it. "Here. I have my email address in my card as well. Message me in a week. I am probably back in Seoul,"

"A week?! You seriously think I can live without a phone in a week?"

Ah right! The idol. He needs his phone. "I can't find the exact model in the store," I said.

"Fine. Just get me a phone," it was a demand.

God! What have I done this time? I sat by the table and opened my browser. "There, look for the phone that is your liking," I opened the site for him and let him browse.

I turned back to Jiyong. He was still on the page. "So?"

"You can buy this without any plan," he pointed an apple product.

Gah! I rolled my eyes. Hell Yeah, I can afford it but duh! It's too expensive. "Fine. I marched out of the room and half an hour later I came back with the box. "Here you go mister" He took the box and sat down comfortably opening the box. Seriously, he has no plans of going out and opening the box in his room.

"Sleek. I never thought of owning this little one." he said.

"What?"

"Thank you for this," I saw a genuine smile in him or I supposed that is.

"Is your phone dry now? I do not want to have something on this guy. Better finish everything and let him out of my sight. He handed me the phone. I opened it and cracked it up. I saw his face curled and looked at me in amazement. "Duh! Yeah.. ha.. all the girls you know are fragile. They don't know how to do hard work." I pulled my laptop bag and rummaged on my stuffs. I plugged it to my computer and started navigating.

"Ya! You can't see those..." he yelled from behind.

"?" I snickered. "Don't worry I'll just move the files."

"You know how to do this as well?"

I squinted. "You only know girls who can flaunt their bodies and their signature outfits. Dude, you need to go out more,"

I picked up my phone when it rang. It's my sister. "Oh...I'm fine. How are you? How did it go with Ji sung oppa?" The last time we spoke to each other she mentioned that she's meeting the parents.

"Don't worry about me. Just take care of yourself. When are you coming for a visit? Oh.. I sent an email a little while ago,"

"I haven't check mails yet. I'm not sure about the visiting part. I'm going back straight to work. I'm sure I've piles to finish," I answered.

"Alright. Just checking up on you. Do yourself a favor and find a boyfriend in there will ya," my sister laughed.

Without realizing, I glanced at Jiyong who was focused on the monitor. "Nah. After I see you get married," I teased back. "Thanks unnie. Just come and see me in Seoul. Love you," we both hang up.

I opened the files in the phone making sure it's all there. I nearly fell off my chair.

"Yah! I told you not to..." Jiyong was yelling.

"I copied the files to your new phone. You can keep the old one incase you run into some problems with the files in your new phone," I unplugged the connection and handed him the phone and the old one. I walked out to the veranda and lit a cigarette.

"You smoke?" He followed me and was surprised to see me smoking.

"What now? It's a sin for a girl to smoke. Hello to you Mr. Kwon Jiyong. You should know better since you're in the elite circle,"

"No I mean...You.." he stammered.

"Leave. You have your phone. I want to be alone," I dismissed him.

"Thanks," he turned and I just heard the door closed.

Tears started to form around my eyes again. Seconds later, I was choking from crying. I walked back inside and cried. I still can't believe my parents are gone. And Chan young, will he be able to walk again? It's all my fault. I hit the pillows with all my might till I don't have energy left.

I was sprawled in my bed when I saw my ipad blinking. I was lazy to read messages but I reached it anyway. It's from my boss. He was asking if I feel like working again. He said he has an invitation to handle a performance. He said I should meet him ASAP. I told him I'm flying the next day. There's no point in sulking in the island. I will just be reminiscing of every thing.