Chapter 50

I Like Her?! No Way!

 

You choked as you heard what Myungsoo had just said to you.

“Say that again?” You told him.

“You heard me. Plus, for all these times, does he know you really well? Does he know you favorite food is kimchi stew, your favorite drink is iced tea, your favorite coffee is caramel macchiato, your favorite candy is that lollipop, you always play with your fingers and bit your lip if you’re nervous or anxious, and you always love to have a run in the morning, you love wearing rings, your favorite song is pop and jazz song, your favorite place was the park, any kind of park and café, and your favorite subject is art and history. And other things too. Does he even know all those things?” Myungsoo raised his voice a little bit.

You just stood there dumbfounded. Trying to digest everything he said.

“How did you know all those things?” You asked him carefully.

Then Myungsoo started to tell you about Sunggyu and what he always did for you and including the day when he died on your graduation day. You placed your hand over your mouth in disbelief.

“I’m so sorry to hear that…” You whispered.

“That’s why I hated you at first. But damn, turned out this heart of mine playing trick on me. And I’m just doing what Sunggyu told me which is to protect you and watch over you carefully.” Myungsoo chuckled awkwardly.

Then that’s when it hits you right. Dongjun never really pay attention to you, all you two do was talking about your daily life and without him know little things about you like Myungsoo always did for you.

“Whatever.” Myungsoo shrugged and then he got up and he was about to leave the table when you grabbed his wrist. He was taken aback that you held on to his wrist.

Your tears started to stream down on your face. Myungsoo’s eyes went wide as he saw you’re crying. Quickly he sat back on his seat and examine you carefully.

“Yah, yah, why are you crying? Aish.” He groaned in frustration.

“It’s just, I felt like a babo. For all these times, I didn’t even realized what I have in front of me and keep waiting for something that is not even in front of me and I’ve been wondering all these times why I felt electric jolt fuzzy feeling whenever I’m around you, but I never felt such things when I’m around Dongjun. I.. I don’t know..” You’re crying hard by now. Myungsoo caress your hair softly and he kept whispering you for you to stop crying already.

“I shouldn’t have blurted out like this when you’re down like this. I’m sorry. Just pretend like I said nothing.” Myungsoo said as he ducked his head down.

“Babo. How can I pretend like you said nothing.” You smiled and squeezed his hand. He smiled as he saw you stop crying.

“I know pretty well that my relationship with Dongjun won’t last if we keep on having long distance relationship. He’s changing and somehow he’s changing into a very different person and it’s not good for our relationship. I’ve been figuring to myself whether I liked you or not but I keep in denial saying that I won’t like you because I have Dongjun and it would mean I’m cheating on him. But once you blurted out like this, I knew very well that I can’t be in denial anymore from now on.” You explained thoroughly.

“You know there’s a saying, ‘If you love two people at the same time choose the second one because if you really loved the first one you wouldn’t have fallen for the second’ and it hits me perfectly when you said those things just now. I saw that saying yesterday on the Internet and I felt really guilty for Dongjun because it’s true after all, if I really loved the first one I wouldn’t have fallen for the second. For all these times I thought I loved you as my best friend and I kept pushed the thought of loving you as more than my best friend.” You spoke softly while twirling your fingers on the cup.

“Take your time, and explain things carefully with him.” Myungsoo said broke the silence between the two of you. You glanced up at him and nodded in despair.

“I feel bad for doing this to him. I feel guilty.”

Myungsoo shook his head. “Don’t blame yourself. There’s nothing we can do when it comes to love. We cannot force love to do as what we want.” Myungsoo patted your head.

You just nodded and busy in your thought about how to tell Dongjun about this thing. You let out a big sigh. Then Myungsoo walked you to your house. Along the way, both of you just busy with your own thought and kept silence.

Once you entered your bedroom, you threw your body to the bed and staring at the ceiling and thinking back what you and Myungsoo just talked and how are you going to talk to him. Slowly you drifted to the dreamland.

 

Next morning, you didn’t have school that day since it's public holiday at that time and you decided to talk to Dongjun that day. You texted him to meet you at the park near your house. You showered and get ready to go to the park.

Once you arrived at the park, you saw Dongjun sat on the bench already. You approached him and gave him a weak smile. His face was not showing a good expression either, it’s like he knew what’s going to happen.

Both of you went silent for a while. “Oppa..” You called him broke the silence. He glanced at you and took a deep breath.

“I know what are you going to say. You wanted to break up, isn’t it?” He muttered under his breath.

“Ho.. How?” That’s all you could said to him.

“I can sense it, since the first day I returned here. But I kept in denial and keeping you for myself.” You grew guiltier toward him. You just ducked your head down.

“But, I can’t figure out the reason. I have two reasons in my mind. First is because of the long distance relationship while the other is because of L. So, which one?” He asked you. Your eyes went wide.

“Chill, I can tell the way L looked at you and the way you looked at him. It’s somewhat different when you see me. And I can sense it very well. So I guess, it’s the second reason, eh?” He ducked his head down and twirling his feet on the ground.

“Actually, it’s both. I was being used to seeing you everyday and then all of a sudden you’re not beside me everyday and the thing about your sister and my father kept bugging me. And for Myungsoo, I don’t know. It just happened and I kept denied it but yesterday yeah you know…” You spoke softly. He just nodded.

“My sister told me that she broke up with your father already not long after I went to America. And, yeah I feel bad for leaving you here either and make you waiting for me while I know there’s L in front of you and I could tell you liked him. It’s okay. It’s just not our fate to be together, that’s all.” Dongjun sighed and staring at the blue sky above his head.

“I’m sorry, oppa. But I loved you and I cherished all moments I had with you. I had a great time with you. Thank you for everything.” You grabbed his hand and squeezed his hand.

“Me too. I’m sorry and thank you and I wish you nothing but the best.” He gave you a warm smile. And that’s when you knew all this time you felt love for him was like a love toward an older brother. You hugged him instantly.

“No cry in our goodbye, okay?” Dongjun told you. You nodded and hugged him tightly.

You felt happy for once having Dongjun as your boyfriend and made you happy even though the last two years were really hard for you and him. But he made you realized that there’s someone who’s always by your side and never leave you behind and unknowingly you’ve liked that person for a long time either.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I think it's going to end soon! 2 chapters i guess ;)
I know, it seemed rush right? Because I don't want to wishy-washy and it has reach Chapter 50 and I don't want to make it too long :)

I'm so sorry if it seems rushed and really fast, but can't help it :(
I've been frustrating, thinking how to end this story xD

I've decided to let you and Dongjun break up nicely and not making Dongjun cheated on you, too much drama yow hehe
and that quote, I emphasized was so true , right? :)

Beforehand, I'm truly sorry if it's not like what you guys have expected before *bow 90 degrees*

READ. LOVE. COMMENT. SUBSCRIBE. SPREAD IT TO YOUR FRIENDS
THANKS FOR READING
NO SILENT READERS, GUYS
ME LOVE YOU<3