Chapter 40

I Like Her?! No Way!

 

You said hello to your mother and quickly went to your room and you already found Dongjun held tightly on the tree and gave you a warm smile. You quickly opened your window and took few steps back as Dongjun made his way entered your bedroom without any difficulty.

“Aigoo, our baby Dongjun always climb on the tree, later you’ll become monkey, babe.” You hugged him tightly. Dongjun ruffled your hair playfully.

“A monkey who you loved so much, right babe?” He kissed your temple. You snuggled more into his hug. You’ve always liked it everytime Dongjun kissed your temple.

“I’ll go change my clothes first. Just lie down on the bed first.” You motioned him to lie down on the bed while you grab clothes from your cupboard and hurriedly dashed to the bathroom, which was inside your room. Not long after that, you got out from the bathroom already wearing a t-shirt and a short with a messy bun for your hair.

You plopped yourself to the bed and Dongjun hovered his arms around your shoulder automatically. “So, what do you want to say, babe?” You traced your finger over his chest.

Dongjun hesitated for a while. But then he mustered all his courage to tell you. He inhaled a big breath. “You know, I supposed to go to America after New Year, right?” You nodded in response.

“Turned out, I have to go sooner…” Dongjun softly whispered. Your eyes went wide. Your fingers stopped tracing his chest. Your body tensed up but you managed to stay calm.

“Soo.. Sooner? When exactly?” Your voice croaked. Dongjun tuck a strand of your hair to your ear and kissed your forehead.

“Next week…” Dongjun’s voice was really low but loud enough for you to hear. You frantically sat up straight and stared right into his eyes but he averted his gaze to other way. You cupped his face and turned his face to facing you.

“Next week? You’re joking right, Oppa?”

Dongjun shook his head. You could sense sadness over his eyes and he’s frowning at the thought. “I’m not joking, even though I wished that these all are jokes and my father are playing tricks on me. But it’s not.” Dongjun ducked his head down. You threw your arm over his shoulder and buried your face into his neck and patted his shoulder.

“Turned out the problem was getting bigger and more serious and it needs to be handle soon as possible. That’s why… I’m sorry, babe. I’m sorry, ~~~.” Dongjun linked his arms around your waist and buried his face to your temple and hair.

“Babo, why say sorry. Not your fault. And I understand. What else we can do if it needs to be handled as soon as possible. I hope everything’s going well and you can handled it well.” You whispered to his ear. He tightened his grip on you.

“Why do you have to be so understanding like this, babe? It makes me hard to leave you here all alone. I’m so lucky to have you. I love you. So much.” He kissed your temple softly. You smiled warmly.

“I love you, too.” You whispered softly and gave a peck on his lips to made him more relaxed.

 

Day by day had passed so fast. You’re trying to spend more time with Dongjun after you knew that he’d leave soon. He even held a farewell dinner with the whole classmate and announced that he’ll be leaving in few days. You didn’t want time to flies that fast and unknowingly it’s the day when Dongjun is leaving.

You tapped your thigh anxiously as you sat beside Dongjun inside his car. Both of you were heading to the airport. Dongjun hovered his arms around you and squished you a bit to comfort you.

Dongjun’s father also tagged along with Dongjun to America for few days to settled everything for Dongjun. You and Dongjun along with his father arrived at the airport already. You and Dongjun walked hand in hand through the gate. Dongjun’s father offered to take care of the ticket and passport, so you and Dongjun sat on the chair.

“I’m trying so hard to not cry…” You whispered weakly. Dongjun smiled a bit your statement.

“Don’t cry. It’s not like we’re breaking up or what. It’s just that we’re going to meet much lesser than before.” Dongjun patted your head. You couldn’t hold back your tears anymore. Abruptly, you hugged Dongjun tightly and buried your face to his chest, not caring if your tears drenched his shirt.

“Still!” You raised your voice a little bit. You kept sobbing while Dongjun just brushed your back to calm yourself. He kissed your temple sweetly.

“We can contact through webcam, IM, or anything. I love you so much. Don’t you forget that.” Dongjun whispered. You just nodded slowly.

Dongjun’s father approached you two. He felt guilty for sending Dongjun to America, but he had no choice. “Mian, Dongjun has to go to America. I’m sorry.” Dongjun’s father broke the silence between you and Dongjun. You glanced up and shook your head.

“It can’t be help right? It’s okay, Ajusshi.” You tried to smile but it turned out to be an awkward smile. Dongjun’s father just nodded.

“Dongjun, it’s time to boarding.” Dongjun’s father motioned him to passed through the gate. He went inside first. Dongjun stared at you with his loving gaze.

“Dongjun!” Someone yelled throughout the hall. It’s Minho and other classmates ran approached you and Dongjun. Myungsoo even there.

“Bro! Thank God, we’re not late! I’m gonna miss you, my man!” Minho pulled Dongjun into a hug and soon become a group hug.

“I’ll visit you guys often, don’t worry! Take care of ~~~, will ya?” Dongjun smiled. You elbowed him as you embarrassed that he actually asked them to take care of you.

“Leave it to us, yo!” Minho said as he lifted his two thumbs up. Dongjun grinned and bid goodbye to all of them. He approached you once again and pulled you into a hug. Again, tears were streaming down to your cheeks heavily. Dongjun wiped the tears away on your cheek using his thumb as he cupped your cheek. He leaned in closer and gave you a kiss.

“I’ll see you soon, love.” He whispered that as he pulled out from the kiss.

“Take care… Always remember me, don’t get too tired. I love you.” You whispered softly as you hugged him tightly once more. Dongjun grinned and waved goodbye to you and your classmates.

You kept crying and your knees felt so weak as you were about to stumbled but someone caught your waist and you saw it was Myungsoo. Automatically, you buried your face to his shoulder and kept crying.

“Don’t cry. He’ll be sad to see you’re crying when he’s leaving. I’m here, don’t worry. It’s alright.” Myungsoo said as he brushed your hair softly.