Chapter 20

I Like Her?! No Way!

 

Meanwhile, Myungsoo opened the door knob carefully and he stepped inside. He let out a big sigh as he grab the frame photo and stared at it for a while.

“How are you, hyung? I miss you.. So, there is this rumor about ~~~, I think she’s going to be couple with Dongjun soon. Are you alright? If it’s true that she’s with Dongjun, I won’t keep an eye on her anymore, hyung. Since she got her own protector, isn’t it? You’ll let me do that right?” He asked as he kept staring at the frame photo.

Along with that, Myungsoo felt chill down on his spine. He yawned and he decided to sleep without thinking further.

 

--- SATURDAY MORNING ---

 

You rubbed your eyes and stretch your body as you just got woke up from your beauty sleep. You felt tired but today you feel like jogging again around your neighborhood like the other day. You washed your face and brushed your teeth and tied your hair in a messy bun and change into a crop top t-shirt and a shorts.

You reached the park and you decided to rest for a while on the swing. You just swing your body back and forth slightly just to feel the wind slightly. But then you felt someone pushed the swings and it makes it rock back and forth pretty fast. You turned your head and you saw Myungsoo smirking at you. You flustered.

“Wh.. what are you doing here?” You asked as you clenched your hand tightly on the rope to prevent you from falling.

“Jogging, isn’t that obvious? Well except that now I’m helping you playing the swing.” He smirked again. And again, you flustered because of his smirk.

“I don’t need help with the swing anyway. I don’t want to go fast.” You said as you trying to stop the swing from moving too fast. Myungsoo let go of it and he sat on the swing which is next to you. Again, both of you just being silent and rocking back and forth slowly.

“So how was last night’s date?” He broke the silence. You turned your head toward him and cringe your eyebrow.

“It’s not a date. I’m not his girlfriend.” You defend yourself for the thousand times already. Somehow you just felt that you needed to stated clearly to him that you're not Dongjun's girlfriend. He nodded slightly.

“What about you? What are you doing there yesterday? Dating?”

“Me? Dating with my Infinite mates, yes.” He giggled. You couldn’t help but to giggle as well. There is this a so-called group named Infinite on your school. You can say it’s the Kingka Group since L was a part of it.

“You and Infinite hanging out in a night market? Seriously? I thought you guys were always kick people’s asses out there every night.” You scoffed. Myungsoo scoffed you back.

“What? You think we’re some kind of gangster?” He raised his voice a little bit.

You shrugged your shoulder. “Who knows? From your attitude, I’m not surprised if you’re really a gangster.”

Myungsoo raised his eyebrow in disbelief. “Which my attitude you think is classified to be called as a gangster?”

“Too many to list. For an easy example, your attitude toward me. Don’t you realize it?” You blurted out since you’re tired with his rollercoaster mood. He raised his eyebrow once again and you just sighed in despair.

“Whatever, forget it. See you, rollercoaster moody.” You were about to passed him but then he grabbed your wrist. You flinched by his action. You widened your eyes as a signal to ask him to let you go.

“You owe me an explanation of your statement, young lady. Now, you explain it to me while eating something. I’m starving. Aren’t you starving?” Myungsoo gave you a smile and you blushed at it but then you were about to shook your head but your stomach betrayed you as it started to growling. Myungsoo laughed and you felt amused by his laugh.

‘He should’ve laugh more. He looked somehow angelic when he’s laughing.. What the hell was I thinking?!’ You shook your head frantically as you kept reminding yourself to not think such things like that anymore. Both of you headed to the nearest café and sat down while munching on the sandwich.

“So. Explain. What’s with the rollercoaster moody thingy?” He asked as he sipped on his coffee.

“Seriously, are you stupid or an idiot?” You put down your sandwich and sipped on your tea. Myungsoo’s eyes went wide and he glared at you as he ready to eat you for his second round breakfast.

“Come on, don’t you realize you’re mood is like rollercoaster? You can be really nice to me but then in split second you can be a jerk. It’s very irritating you know. I kept wondering what have I done wrong to you but then you act nice as if I did nothing wrong. What am I supposed to do or to think then?” You blurted out all your burden for all this time. Myungsoo just awed at your rant.

“Uh-hum. Hmm. Well, cope with it.” Myungsoo stated shortly. You gasped in disbelief.

“Cope with it? What the hell. I rant that long and you’re just saying cope with it? You’re an idiot for sure.” You crossed your arm in front of your chest and threw your head to the side as you didn’t want to see his face.

“Well, I don’t know either that I’m being like that around you, okay? I usually didn’t act like that. For Infinite, I’ve always nice toward them. But for the girls who slung their arms around me and swoon over me, I always being a jerk. But you, I never realized that I was both of them.” He stared at his cup and you just didn’t know what to say.

“Umm.. is that so? Oh well.. means I’m special then?” You asked jokingly to melt the tension in the air as you laughed dryly and awkwardly.

“Maybe..” Myungsoo mumbled and thankfully you caught that and you just choked on your tea when you heard that.

“Ya, drink slowly. Babo.” He patted your back as you kept coughing.

“Fine, fine. Thanks anyway, rollercoaster moody. I’m not a babo, by the way. It’s you who’s babo.” You said. He just smiled this time without arguing back at you.

‘Damn.. I just realized that I’m being like that around her. Indeed, she’s a special if I treated her like that..’ Myungsoo thought deeply but then Sunggyu’s face appeared on his thought and he was flinched at it because why on earth suddenly Sunggyu’s face appeared as he think of you.

“What happened?” You asked worriedly as you saw Myungsoo flinched with a wide eye.

“Uh, nothing. Something bad just appeared on my mind. A bad dream.” Myungsoo calmly stated and you just laughed it and mumbled ‘babo’.