Chapter 34

I Like Her?! No Way!

 

You carefully grab your cellphone, which is on your bedside table, you lifted it carefully because you didn’t want to wake up Dongjun who’s sleeping peacefully on your shoulder.

‘It’s 2am already.. It’s been 4 hours.. Ah my neck hurts..’ You stretched your neck a little carefully. But then Dongjun’s cellphone is ringing, Dongjun startled and woke up abruptly as he rummaged through his pocket to get his cellphone. He looked at the caller ID and he groaned as he saw who it was.

“Where are you, son?” You overheard the conversation and you assumed it’s Dongjun’s father.

“Why did you call me? Have you decided a great lesson for her?” Dongjun spoke in a flat tone. Somehow you felt scared at this side of Dongjun which you rarely seen.

“Yes, now go home. Right now.” Dongjun threw his cellphone at your bed and heaved out a heavy sigh. You patted his shoulder again.

“Don’t hate your father or your sister… you’ve been happy and you have a good relationship with the two of them, right? They’re not a bad step-family like those in fairytales right? You have to cherish them. It’s my father’s fault clearly. Don’t burdened yourself. It hurts me to see you like this. It’s not your fault or your family’s fault.” You softly spoke to him as you caressed his cheek softly and gave a peck on his cheek. Dongjun turned his head toward you and hugged you tightly and gave you a warm kiss.

“I’ll take care of this, don’t worry. Even if my sister is dating your father, I won’t let that bothered our relationship.” Dongjun assured you. You knew that would be hard but you just kept silent and nodded. Dongjun then climbed off the tree and hopped onto his motorcycle and went home.

 

Dongjun entered his house and found his father sat on the couch with his arms crossed in front of his chest and in the couch beside him, his sister sat down silently and ducked her head down.

“Sit down, son.” Dongjun nodded and sat beside HyunA. There’s a few seconds in silence before his father broke the silence.

“I’ve made up my mind.” Dongjun tilted his head in curiosity. “I’m going to send you to America.” Dongjun’s father spoke calmly. Dongjun’s eyes went wide and he stood up abruptly.

“WHAT?! Why me? What have I done?! It should be her who you need to send to America!” Dongjun protests eagerly. Dongjun’s father let out a sigh.

“Son.. what makes you telling such lies? You don’t have any advantage if you telling lies like that. I thought you’re in a good terms with your sister. Isn’t it?” Dongjun’s father stood up and patted Dongjun’s shoulder.

“Appa! I respect both of you. Yes I do have a good relationship with you and sister, that’s why I never told you lies! You knew it too, this won’t give me any advantage, therefore why would I lie! Don’t you trust me?” Dongjun raised his voice that made his voice echoed around the house.

“Dongjun… stop telling lies. There’s no way that I’m dating your girlfriend’s father. How silly is that!” HyunA finally spoked. Dongjun bewildered at her excuse.

“What? How silly? You are silly, sis. I’ve respect you and welcomed you to the family and this is how you repay me! I thought we have a good sibling relationship.” Dongjun stated coldly in disbelief. HyunA ducked her head down and didn’t want to meet his gaze.

“Dongjun, I trusted your sister for all this time. I saw her boyfriends in the past, well yes they are older, but I don’t think what you’re telling is true. You must be stressed with schools and basketball. Or, are you blinded by love? It’s time for you to take some break in your relationship.” Dongjun’s father spoke carefully. Dongjun brushed off his father’s hand off him.

“Take some break? I’m happy, don’t you see it? I’m ing happy with her! How could you send me to America!”

“Don’t use foul words to me, young man! Enough. It’s decided. And yet, I send you to America for you to take care of my business there, that’s my major reason. Win-win situation right?” Dongjun huffed in disbelief.

“Win-win, my .” He stormed toward his room and slammed the door loudly. HyunA walked to his room slowly and entered his room carefully.

“Dongjun-ah.. mianhae.. I love that person so much. Please, understand me… I never thought that father would overboard until he send you to America.” HyunA sat beside him. Dongjun turned his head to other way around.

“You knew it’s wrong. You ruined their marriage. How could you.” Dongjun snapped her. HyunA sobbed quietly.

Dongjun then left his room and went downstair to grab a glass of water. His father approached him silently, and tapped him on the shoulder. “Son, you see, I’ve been wanting to send you to America. Don’t blame this on your sister. Your sister is mature enough to know which one is right and which one is wrong. I don’t want to interfere within this case anymore, it’s your matter okay. I truly want to send you to America to take care of my business there. You know I’m not in a good health to flew there back and forth.” Dongjun’s father stated calmly as he pulled Dongjun into his embrace.

Dongjun softened at his statement. Well, Dongjun remembered how his father always told Dongjun to get ready to take care of his business in America but Dongjun always ignored it and thought he was kidding all the time.

“For how long?” Dongjun asked. Dongjun’s father gasped at his reaction and smiled widely.

“3 years, are you okay with that?”

“No. Make it 2.” Dongjun’s father nodded in agreement. With that Dongjun went to his sister’s room.

“I’ll agree with dad. Dad explained his true purpose sending me to America. When I came back in two years, you better have new boyfriend.” Dongjun glared at his sister.

“I know, I realized I’m wrong. I’ll try, okay.” HyunA still sobbing.

“Don’t try. You must.” Dongjun stated in a cold tone and stormed to his room.

“How am I going to tell ~~~…” He threw his palm to his face in confusion.

Dongjun felt so stupid for agreeing so easily to go to America, but he didn’t have other choices. When he knew that his mom was dating, he hated him so much and even hated him more when Dongjun found out that he has a daughter whom older than he is. But Dongjun’s father always made effort to knew him better, to get his heart and always being kind to him even if Dongjun threw tantrum on him and ignored him.

His mom who usually looked devastated and sad after Dongjun’s real father died because of illness, finally able to smiled widely when she met Dongjun’s step-father. Dongjun then realized that Dongjun’s step-father had opened his mom’s heart and made his mom happy again and plus he’s being really nice and kind toward him and so does his daughter. Dongjun felt like he owe him his life since he made his mom able to smiled and not in grief anymore.

‘I’ll tell ~~~ tomorrow..’

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

@myungkitty-ah : thanks for commenting ;) keep commenting! :*

@creaminology : she mad but more like she felt guilty for disappointing her brother :) thanks for commenting and keep commenting! :* oh this one is also one of the major plot though hehe

READ. LOVE. COMMENT. SUBSCRIBE. SPREAD IT TO YOUR FRIENDS!
NO SILENT READERS, ME LOVE YOU GUYS :*