Chapter 21

I Like Her?! No Way!

You didn’t feel excited at all to go to school since you had this punishment for a week to clean the class after school. But then you remembered you’ll have a date with Dongjun afterwards.

‘Well, at least a refreshment after being in a hell.’ you thought. You skipped downstairs and you heard your mother talking to someone, you peeked over who she’s talking to and your eyes went wide and ready to bulged out as you saw who’s talking to your mom in the dining room.

“Dongjun oppa? What are you doing here?” You asked carefully as you approached them and plopped yourself down in the dining chair and drank your milk.

“Give you a ride, of course!” He beamed happily. Your mother nodded happily.

“Omo, look at this handsome boy, willing to give my ordinary girl a ride. How lucky you are, ~~~.” Your mother jokingly teased you. You glared at him.

“What? Ordinary girl? Umma! How could you!” You pretended to be heartbroken and the laughter from you and your mom and Dongjun could be heard around the house.

Your mother escorted you and Dongjun outside and you plopped yourself in his motorbike which by now you grew fond of it.

“Drive safely, I entrust my daughter in your hand, Dongjun!” Your mom yelled so the two of you could heard. You felt embarrassed at it.

“Geez Mom! It’s not like I’m going somewhere far with him for years!” You ducked your head down in embarrassment but your mom only giggled when she heard your answer. Dongjun nodded and bowed to her and hopped on to the motorbike and sped off to the school.

Once again people were whispering as you hopped off from Dongjun’s motorbike followed by Dongjun. Who wouldn’t gossip since you go to school with the Basketball Team Captain? You ducked your head down and walked through the gate while trying to ignore those murmurs and whispers.

Both of you entered the classroom and you’re not surprised when Sooyoung ran to you and bombarded you with tons of questions. This time, you and Dongjun only chuckled at her questions and ignored her.

Somehow today the school felt like a year for you. You couldn’t wait until the school is over and so does your punishment, so you can go have fun with Dongjun instead of cleaning the window and the class.

 

School’s bell finally rang and you almost forgot that you have to do the punishment today. You packed your books and put your bag in your seat. You’re stretching your body first before grabbing the equipments to clean the class. Myungsoo stared at you as he think that you’re a weirdo.

“Good luck, today.” Myungsoo said to you and with that he walked out of the classroom. Even just a small statement like that, you smiled widely.

“Good luck! I’ll see you later!” Dongjun gave you a wink and you blushed at it and just nodded your head. Dongjun went out of the classroom as well. You went to the janitor to grab the equipments and started your punishment.

 

From your class, you can see the basketball field. Dongjun always had his basketball practice on the basketball field instead of the basketball gym field. You often peeked outside to see him. You can see him wearing his basketball uniform and you mesmerized by his well-built arm as the basketball uniform is sleeveless. Then you heard someone cough and you startled because of it.

“Ya, do your punishment well. Don’t take a peek on the boys.” Myungsoo crossed his arms in front of his chest. You scoffed at his statement and continued mop the floor.

“What are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be at home by now? If you’re here to annoy me, you’d better go home.” You kept mop the floor without take a glance on him. He then sat on his chair and dropped his head on the table.

“I just finished play around with the boys. I’m here to get some sleep. Means, I won’t annoy you right? Plus, who knows you’ll be lonely. Psh. At least, you should thanked me since yo’ve got an accompany today, instead of ghosts accompany you.” He muttered with his head still on the table along with his eyes closed tightly.

Your mouth opened as you stared at him in disbelief. You just let out a big sigh and you continued mopping the floor. Myungsoo chuckled secretly.

 

You have mopped the floor, clean the window, tables, and chairs, and everything. Means you’re job for today was done. You stretched out your arms and massaged your shoulder as it deflated because of the tiredness.

“Boo!” Someone whispered in your ear and you jumped in surprise and let out a shriek. Myungsoo startled and jumped on his chair because of your shriek.

“What the hell!” Myungsoo yelled and he caught you and Dongjun standing really close to each other and giggled to each other.

“Don’t surprise me like that, oppa! You scared me to death just now!” You hit his chest jokingly and both of you giggled together and completely forgot Myungsoo’s presence on the class until he let out a cough.

“Uh-hum. Please, don’t be so lovey-dovey in front of me.” You scoffed at him and you couldn’t help but to notice that Dongjun is only wearing his wife beater with his basketball uniform pants.

Again, Myungsoo cough to distract you from your thoughts. Along with that, Dongjun still realized that he’s still wearing a wife-beater.

“I’m going to change my clothes first okay, after that we’ll head off. Wait for me.” Dongjun excused himself to change his clothes. You nodded and you sat on your chair which is beside Myungsoo.

“Going to another date?” Myungsoo asked you. He rested his head on his palm with the support from his elbow on the desk. You turned your head toward him and you just rolled your eyes and ignored him.

Not long after that, Dongjun came back in a white v-neck t-shirt and a black jeans. It’s a simple outfit but you mesmerized by it. You approached Dongjun and both of you ready to head off. You mumbled ‘goodbye’ to Myungsoo who’s still resting his head on the table.

Once you left, Myungsoo sat up straight and let out a sigh. ‘Hyung, guess my duty will be over soon…’ Myungsoo thought and with that he walked out of the classroom and headed to his home.