Chapter 10

I Like Her?! No Way!

 

Both of you reached Myungsoo’s house. More likely, his apartment. It was on the 10th floor. When they got inside of his house, you felt homey and cozy inside his house. You glanced around the house. It was neat and there is this warm feeling inside the house. You can see that there are not many photos in the house.

“Make yourself like you’re home.” Myungsoo took of his shoes and changed it into the house slipper and went inside. He grabbed a bottle from the refrigerator and gave one to you as well. You nodded slightly. You went to the nearest medium cupboard which has several frame photos on top of it. You slightly bowed down to have a good look on the photo. It was a middle-aged lady holding a boy in her hand and both of them looked happy together.

“Is this you?” You asked. Myungsoo nodded slightly.

“Wow, you’re not much different with the younger version of you!” He smiled at your comment.

“Here, let me go get your clothes. Stay here.” Myungsoo went inside a room. While you were waiting for him, you were having a tour of the house on your own. You have a good look on every photos. But one photo caught your eyes. It was little Myungsoo with an older boy. Both of them looked really happy and you can tell that the two of them have a strong bond. Right at that time, Myungsoo came out from his room bringing a t-shirt for you to wear and he changed his clothes already. He wore a plain white t-shirt and a black jeans. He looked simple yet still looked astonishing. You grab your jeans short, thankfully you brought it along with you and you went to the bathroom to change into t-shirt.

Myungsoo was watching the television. You sat beside him. You were about to ask but Myungsoo cut you off.

“You wanted to ask who that boy is right?” He asked with his gaze still fixed on the screen. You mumbled ‘yes’.

“My hyung. He passed away.” Myungsoo stated shortly with a flat tone. You glanced at him, and you see the spark of sadness and longing in his eyes.

“Sorry to hear that..” You said. Both of you were drowning in your own thoughts. You felt awkward this time. Because you just brought up a sensitive issue toward Myungsoo.

‘Damn.. it makes me remember why I have to hate her. But we’re about to hang out together, hyung, I’m going to forget it for a while, alright.’ Myungsoo thought in his mind.

“Hey, I’m just curious. Why you asked me to ditch class with you? I mean, it’s very rare of you, you know.” You broke the silence. You can’t hold the curiosity anymore.

“I don’t know. I’ve been wondering that to myself also. But, whatever, we ditched class anyway. Let’s go! Are you hungry?” You nodded and you just realized that your stomach has been growling. You sheepishly smiled.

Before, both of you went outside, again curiosity killed the cat. “What is that room? Somehow there is this kind of weird feeling about that room.” You pointed at the room. Myungsoo stared at the door for a while.

“None of your business.” Myungsoo glared at you. You looked down instantly. You felt regret for asking that question.

‘I should stop asking things, to him.’ You crunched your face as you thought that.

 

Both of you went out from the apartment complex and start walked down the alley. Again, there’s a silence between you two. You really wanted to break off the silence but you were afraid that he will become cold again towards you, there fore you chose to be silent instead of asking him things.

“You must be wanted to ask me things, right?” Myungsoo broke the silence. You glanced at him with a wide eyes because it’s as if he just read your mind.

‘Hyung mentioned this before that you’re full with curiosity..’

“Hmm.. just wanted to ask, are you close with your hyung?” You played with your hands. Again, that habit when you’re nervous.

“Very close..”

“How.. how.. did.. he die?” You asked carefully. You didn’t have the guts to look at his face right now. He let out a big sigh from his mouth.

“Car accident... that’s why when I heard you’re about to got hit, I went furious. Those kind of things are a bit sensitive for me..” Myungsoo explained. You nodded at his explanation.

‘No wonder he got really mad..’ You thought.

“By any chance, do you ever feel like you’re being watched when you’re in 3rd grade middle school?” It was now Myungsoo’s turn who being cautious and nervous because of his question.

“Hmm…” You thought for it for a while. “Sometimes I feel like I’m being watched, but the weird thing is I didn’t feel scared or sensed danger when I felt that. More like in a good way. Weird, huh? But I don’t really pay attention to things like that though.” You giggled.

‘Of course. The person who watched you is a handsome man, of course you won’t feel scared.’ Myungsoo thought.



Then both of you entered a traditional restaurant which serves a Korean food. Both of you didn’t feel like to eat any western food for now, that’s why both of you chose Korean restaurant.

When you entered the restaurant, your shoulder bumped into another man’s shoulder. Hurriedly, you bow slightly to apologize but when you looked up your eyes grew wide and you just stood there staring at the man who stared back at you.

“Yah, Yong ~~~! Hurry up come here!” Myungsoo hollered from the inside of the restaurant. The man who just now bumped into you changed his face expression from confuse into a shock one. You quickly gather yourself up and hurriedly looked down and dashed to Myungsoo’s table and sat down. The man was about to catch you but he was called by another man from the outside, he had no choice but to leave the place.

You were terribly shaking and your eyes still went wide and your mouth slightly agape. Myungsoo stared at you in confusion.

“Yah! What happened? It’s like you just saw a ghost.” Myungsoo chuckled at your silly face.

“I did. I just saw a ghost. A very evil ghost. My dad…” Myungsoo choked his water when he heard you.

“What.. what?!”

“Yes.. the man just now is my dad. My dad who left me when I was a kid..”