Chapter 49

I Like Her?! No Way!

 

It was a sunny day on spring. It’s getting near to your final exam, and you’re getting busier studying together with your classmates afterschool and Dongjun would pick you up and drove you home and cuddling with you once in a while every time you took a break from studying.

Suddenly, Dongjun’s phone rang. Lazily, he grabbed his cellphone from the desk and put it over his ears. Soon, his eyes went wide and he didn’t mutter a word and all he did was staring into your confused eyes.

“What happened, oppa?” You asked him cautiously.

“I’m going to America… this Friday…” He answered cautiously still clenching tight on his cellphone.

“What? This Friday? It’s Tuesday, means 3 days from now?!” You raised your voice in disbelief and your thoughts were busy wandering around because of that.

Dongjun scooted over to you and wrapped your body to his arms. You still sat there dumbfounded because of the shock news you just heard.

“Everything’s going to be alright.” Dongjun whispered into your ears. You heard this sentence few days ago, and with this sentence, you grew calm instantly. But this time, you’re not calm. At all. You grew anxious as he’s going back to America in three days from now.

 

That night, after Dongjun went home because he needs to see his father, you decided to text Myungsoo.

Free?

     -~~~

Instantly, your phone was ringing indicated that you have new message. You flip your phone to see the message.

 

Yeah. Wanna meet up?

                         -Myungsoo

 

 

Yeah..
10 minutes from now
At the Café near my house, okay? :)

                                     -~~~

 

You quickly getting ready to go out, your mom is not home yet so you decided to leave a sticky note on the refrigerator saying that you’ll be home soon and to not worry. You grab your scarf since it’s pretty cold in the night and it’s quite windy. The walk from your house to the café was only 10 minutes away. As soon as you arrived at the café, you saw Myungsoo at the corner of the café waved at you, signaled you to go over there.

“Hello, Oppa!” You greeted him happily. He grinned widely at you.

“Hi! Miss me much?” He winked at you and you just playfully hit his arms and both of you chuckled. “Wait, I’ll get something to drink for us first.” He got up and made his way to the counter and ordered two drinks. You’re getting used to with it, with him ordering your drink and food without asking you first what do you want because he always knew what do you want to eat or drink. You never asked him how did he know all those things though.

Myungsoo returned to the sit with two cups of coffee in his hand. You sipped it slowly since it’s pretty hot.

“So, what problem do you want to share?” Myungsoo asked you without even looking at you.

There’s a pang of guilty in your chest. “Don’t say like that, oppa. You made it sound like I always found you if I have problems only.” You pouted.

Myungsoo giggled. “But you are, right? I don’t mind though. But yeah, you should find me if you have anything to share!” You nodded and gave him a warm smile and promised him to do that.

Then you began telling him about Dongjun who’s suddenly will leave in three days from now. He kept silent as you telling him the story. Once you finished with the story, he gulped down his coffee.

“What is your true feeling about your relationship right now with him?” He asked you softly. The café was playing a song and it’s not really crowded so other people won’t hear what you guys are talking though.

“It’s great. It just feels like the old times even if there’s a slight change on him, but people change right? And we rarely had a fight though, more like we avoid the fight. But when it comes to another long distance relationship, I don’t know. Not quite sure about it.” You told him.

“Do you still love him or it’s just a habit for you to see him and you know spend your time with him?” Myungsoo asked and this question made you felt a rushed of emotions and different kind of emotions you used to have. You kept silence.

“I knew it. You’d better think it again. I hate to see you being hurt again. You deserved to be happy and you don’t have to suffer to have your happiness.” He blurted out. You raised your head and raised your eyebrow in confusion.

“What you mean?”

“Who knows there’s someone who’s willing to be the guy who could make you happy all the time and always around you and not even pulling a fight with you and even much better than your boyfriend now!” Myungsoo blurted out.

“Huh? Who?”

‘Damn.. now or never, I guess.’ Myungsoo thought, mentally cursing himself.

“Me.” Myungsoo stated softly. Your eyes went wide.

“What?!”