Chapter 38

I Like Her?! No Way!

 

You kept still in Myungsoo’s embrace until your heard the commotion got lower, you tilted your head upward to take a peek. You saw Dongjun was talking to your father and they made their way toward you.

“What are you doing, L.” Dongjun snapped at Myungsoo and grab your wrist and pulled you up and now you’re in Dongjun’s embrace. You stared blankly at your father who’s trying to talk to you but the voice just wouldn’t come out.

“I don’t want to know your business, dad. I don’t want to make myself hurt and depressed and suffer anymore. Leave me and mom alone.” You stated coldly. Your father’s mouth just went gaped and stared at you blankly and ducked his head.

“Mian, ~~~” Your father mumbled. You just nodded and made your way toward your sit and completely ignored your father and Dongjun’s sister. You plopped yourself beside Myungsoo while Dongjun still talked to his sister.

Myungsoo nudged your shoulder, “Are you alright?” He asked you carefully. You glanced at him and nodded slowly.

“I’ve decided to just ignore it. I don’t want to stress myself over someone who clearly doesn’t want me or even appreciate me.” You meekly smiled at him. He nodded at your remark.

Then Dongjun came and sat beside you and hovered his arm around your shoulder. “Are you alright? They went home already.” Dongjun whispered. You glanced toward him and nodded with a smile on your face.

“And you, don’t bluntly hug my girl.” Dongjun glared at Myungsoo while Myungsoo just scoffed and rolled his eyes and ignored Dongjun. You let out a big sigh.

“It’s okay. Don’t blame Myungsoo. He calmed me while you’re talking to them.” You softly explained and Myungsoo turned his head toward Dongjun and made a face ‘you-heard-her’.

“You want to go home now?” Dongjun asked. You just nodded and you bid goodbye to Myungsoo and left the restaurant. You didn’t feel like talking or doing anything and Dongjun understand that. By the time you reached your house, Dongjun pulled you into a hug all of a sudden.

“I know you’re not in the mood to do anything, but if you need someone to talk to, call me okay? Love you, baby.” Dongjun whispered. You grinned happily and nodded and gave him a kiss on his cheek. You went inside your house and you decided to take a nap since you’re alone in the house because your mom still working.

 

By the time you woke up your room was a pitch black and you glanced at the window and it’s dark already. You hurriedly got up and turn on the lights in your room and the house. You decided to take a shower. When you finished, you check your cellphone and you saw 3 new messages.

 

What are you doing Babe? Miss you already~

                                                          -Dongjun Oppa

I assume you’re sleeping, right? Sweet dream, love

                                                          -Dongjun Oppa

You okay? Wanna grab coffee? My treat.

                                                          -Myungsoo

 

Your eyes went wide as you saw the last message. ‘Myungsoo texted me? Wow, there must be a heavy storm when I was sleeping now..’ You thought as you giggled at the thought. You quickly replied Dongjun first then Myungsoo.

 

I just woke up, Oppa. Sorry :) What are you doing? Miss you too :(

                                                          - ~~~

I’m okay, but I’ll be better when you buy me coffee, so, let’s go! ;D

                                                          - ~~~

 

Not long after you hit the ‘send’ button, you received a reply. This time it’s from Myungsoo. You beamed happily as he said that he’s going to pick you up in 30 minutes from now. You quickly changed your clothes to a warmer clothes and put on a little make-up and you’re ready.

And yes, in 30 minutes, Myungsoo rang the doorbell and you beamed happily as you opened the door. Myungsoo surprisingly looked more handsome than usual tonight.

“Ready?” Myungsoo smirked. You nodded and you closed the door and lock it. Myungsoo turned out bring his motorcycle.

“You rode bike?” You raised your eyebrow.

“Yeah, I’ve rode it since middle school.”

“But I never saw you rode it to go to school.”

“Exercise of course.” He stated calmly and he offered you the helmet and you hopped on to the backseat and linked your arms tightly in his waist. You could smell Myungsoo’s signature scent and you liked it. Again, there’s this a weird feeling inside you that you couldn’t tell what is it but you shrugged it off.

 

Myungsoo then sped off to a café in Hongdae area. The café was a bit secluded and it’s very cozy and peaceful and not many people went there. Myungsoo motioned you to have a sit in the corner first as he will order the drink for you.

‘But I haven’t told him what I want to order. Ah, he must be scared that I will order something expensive. Blah, stingy!’ You stucked out your tongue as his back facing you.

Myungsoo who just finished ordered and grab the drink, made his way toward the table. You glanced at the drinks and you surprised at the drink.

“Caramel macchiato, right?” Myungsoo asked you.

“How did you know I love this coffee?” You asked with a big grin on your face.

“I’m THE L, forget?” Myungsoo smirked and you just scoffed at his vain. You happily gulped down the drink.

“Seriously, I thought you scared that I will order something expensive, I thought you’re stingy.” You playfully stuck out your tongue again.

“I’m not stingy and please I’m not that poor!” Myungsoo rolled his eyes.

You happily laughed and gulped down some more of the caramel macchiato. You knew that Myungsoo will make you forget about your problems and you smiled warmly at him.

‘Again, what’s this weird aura or feeling inside me?’ You thought.